Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, a real lot of sooks on here...team is so good. People upset over binns lord and moir being dropped they have played like 6 and half games collectively. Cerra is elite and has the runs on the board. Cerra will offer more than the younger ones.
Yep... If they named all the kids and then they have 5 touches each and we get smashed then everyone would be up in arms as well. Damned if you do, damned If you don't.

IMO - You can't take a bunch of kids in to finals. You have to play your best side.

There’ll be a late change for Pitto or TDK, one of them will go out

If TDK is fit, he’ll play ahead of Pitto

That means one of Carroll, Moir or Cinc comes in (hopefully Moir)
If they're playing TDK in the role Charlie's been taking up this year, I don't see it as necessarily being a problem, i.e. TDK is barely taking any ruck minutes instead of trying for 50/50 or 60/40 split.

If he's taking more than a couple of centre bounces a quarter, then we've got a problem.

Cinco out
Wow
Some ‘brave’ selection decisions again
Lot of people getting mad about Cincotta, but here's the rub:

• Sprays the ball out of defence on the regular
  • Doesn't get a hand on it in midfield and doesn't really deliver well inside 50 consistently

He's there for defensive pressure, and they've got Saad, Cowan, and now maybe Hollands on that in defence, with Kemp, Fantasia, and Durdin up forward, then at least Hewett at stoppages. Without enough offensive output, he goes.

RE: Lord, if they've ticked off Cerra then he has to go, sadly.

Looking for a big contribution on the outside and at centre bounces from our small forwards given the midfield pace, and I'm hoping we've been practicing some quicker ball movement that involves not sending the football 30+ metres into the air.

Last edited:
Yeah you've gotta put your best team out there in finals. It would be even more risky playing inexperienced kids.
Yes, they've done well over the past two weeks, however there's a huge difference between Eagles and Saints compared to the Lions at the Gabba

Some great ins, let's go boys!!
Hold on.

The Saints poleaxed the Cats the week before we played them....

They were in very good form!!

On names yes, on form, injury clouds and speedy players/balance, one of our worst teams we have named

Hope to be wrong but wayyyy too many injury cloud players for mine
The fact that they didn’t select Charlie gives me confidence that there’s an injury threshold

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People really need to get a grip with the Cerra (left) vs Lord (right) debate..

View attachment 2101305

Sure it’s not a drastic difference, but even in a “down year” and coming off the ground injured multiple times, Cerra is a better option than Lord.

We’re all excited for what Lord can be, but the player that gives us the best chance to win on Saturday has been selected
He’s also done his hammy 5 times this year and can’t chase like lord can

If they're playing TDK in the role Charlie's been taking up this year, I don't see it as necessarily being a problem, i.e. TDK is barely taking any ruck minutes instead of trying for 50/50 or 60/40 split.

If he's taking more than a couple of centre bounces a quarter, then we've got a problem.

Lot of people getting mad about Cincotta, but here's the rub:

• Sprays the ball out of defence on the regular
  • Doesn't get a hand on it in midfield and doesn't really

He's there for defensive pressure, and they've got Saad, Cowan, and now maybe Hollands on that in defence, with Kemp, Fantasia, and Durdin up forward, then at least Hewett at stoppages. Without enough offensive output, he goes.

RE: Lord, if they've ticked off Cerra then he has to go, sadly.

Looking for a big contribution on the outside and at centre bounces from our small forwards given the midfield pace, and I'm hoping we've been practicing some quicker ball movement that involves not sending the football 30+ metres into the air.
Not a bad call on TDK at FF, actually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back