Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’ll be a late out for sure. Cincotta has 3 roles he could play. Zorko, Cameron, Neale. Tipping De koning will be the out - just keeping the lions guessing.

I think if we were trying to keep the Lions guessing we'd have included Charlie.

Team looks as good as it can be on paper to me although surprised that Cincotta was dropped.

Yes we're probably taking a bit of a punt on fitness of some but I think it would be a bigger punt to ignore that and go in with too many inexperienced players. This team is not West Coast or St Kilda.

I think both clubs are being mischievous, not sure Payne gets up either, we also have 1 or 2 that will need to prove themselves before the game

Suspect both clubs will make late changes
Stop, you can only be so reasonable and logical all the time

Cerra at his best yes. The issue is he's had hamstring issues all year and has not played 4qtrs in 6 weeks. Lord needed to play
Lord has played 8 quarters of AFL ever. He also didn’t have a pre season and only became a professional a couple of months ago.

If Cerra is fit, he comes straight in

Two rucks makes us too tall - should've been either TDK or Pitto but not both - and robs us of extra run. And one thing we will need plenty of on Saturday is run.

I called this a while ago, when TDK came back we were always going to go with the two rucks regardless of whether Curnow was back or not. They wouldn’t take the risk on him solo rucking a full game coming back from pretty nasty injuries.
With Curnow out it’s a no brainer to have him for the extra height.

We need to move the ball quickly and you don’t necessarily need leg speed to do that. It’s the dare to take the game on and the mindset to keep taking it on even if we make mistakes. Don’t go slow and long kick down the line for Harris Andrews to intercept and play into their hands. Bring it back at them through the corridor and make them have to cover ground to defend. But TDK in means Harry can roam higher up the ground and give us aerial presence on the wing.

No need to tag Neale. Our midfield goes head to head. Put tight checking on Zorko and limit his influence, shut down their defensive drive. Also if Dunkley is doing a good job tagging Cripps, send him forward for a few short spells to give them matchup headaches. Throw some things at them they’re not expecting. This is the hardest game for us I reckon given the opposition, venue, and a few players short of a gallop. Get through this one and anything is possible.

Most of all we need to be accurate and take our chances, especially early. I think it’s inevitable we will fade in the second half with so many returning after decent layoffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord has played 8 quarters of AFL ever. He also didn’t have a pre season and only became a professional a couple of months ago.

If Cerra is fit, he comes straight in
Yes. Lord didn't have a pre season. Only played 8 qtrs!!.
That didn't stop him from being our number one pressure player in his last game though along with 7 tackles 🤔

Last edited:
Respectfully if you look at the rest of the thread there’s plenty of people doubting Cerras ability.

This board is very quick to dump a player having a rough patch in favour of a shiny new toy.

Cerras best gives us the best chance. Even in an interrupted year he’s got 10 more games of AFL under his belt than the exciting Lord. He also gains an extra 200m a game from only 3 extra touches

Sure he has ability but he’s had a shocking year. Cannot hit a target to save himself which is his main attribute.

Selection goes beyond ‘most talented’ anyway, it should be about who is performing their role & bringing their full effort, can run out a game etc.

The blokes had 5 hamstrings in 12 months, just put him on ice ffs.

I can't tip on hype and don't agree with the selected side.
Brisbane to control the game and win by 28 points
Sadly I don’t believe we can field a winning side. We come into the finals basically in shambles with both our form and our fitness at rock bottom, and having to play the lions in Brisbane.

The likelihood is we’re gonna get touched up.

Respectfully if you look at the rest of the thread there’s plenty of people doubting Cerras ability.

This board is very quick to dump a player having a rough patch in favour of a shiny new toy.

Cerras best gives us the best chance. Even in an interrupted year he’s got 10 more games of AFL under his belt than the exciting Lord. He also gains an extra 200m a game from only 3 extra touches
A fit Cerra gives us our best chance. No disagreement from me. But a Cerra that gets subbed out part way into our game is a hindrance, particularly if we cop any more injuries. I sincerely hope he gets through unscathed. But the hesitation is there given he has had such a horrible run with soft tissue injuries.

Surprised Cincotta came out.
Thought he'd have gone to Neale.

Reckon we're just not going to tag him? If we do, who goes to him?
Doch? Not enough fitness for it
Kennedy? Too slow?
Hewett? Cowan maybe?
Hewett will run with and always would have. The shock to me is that we will not tag Zorko with Cinc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back