Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s one of those players that has had to play certain roles and not in his best position. I think he has been treated poorly

We played our best footy when he was tagging the oppositions best player. Particularly the Geelong game v Stewart and Butters (?) v Port.

I really don’t know why we’ve gone away from it. It straightened us up big time.

Hollands because he had no other wings and Cowan played 7 games

Personally I believe our treatment and development of our younger players has been poor
Voss could have just gone Acres/Docherty with Cottrell to support on the wings but found a place for Hollands to pretty much play every gane last year. And on Cowan he was a 2nd round pick and within 2 years has become a lock in the 22 of a finals team. It's pretty impressive imo how quickly he has been developed

It’s not so much Cerra that concerns me it’s the 6 changes and all the ins have fitness issues. Would ANY of them have played if it was a normal game?

All the players dropped are fit and have been playing and fairly well

After watching footy for over 60 years I’m just a strong believer in picking a fully fit 22 in finals

We thought when Plowman left we wouldn’t have a whipping boy anymore,guess we were wrong.

We need to back our players in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I actually rate Cerra quite highly, it's his hammies ATM I don't trust...

Absolute madness. His atrocious defending was how the Saints got the ball into their 50 before the final goal.

I watched the replay of the 1st half earlier today and Motlop was an absolute liability. He was lazy…not chasing, not pressuring, letting is opening take uncontested intercept marks.

If he plays on Zorko we can kiss this game goodbye.

Still hoping that Cinc is a late inclusion…my hope is that we’re playing mind games with the Lions here with Zorko not expecting a tag.

Last edited:
It’s not so much Cerra that concerns me it’s the 6 changes and all the ins have fitness issues. Would ANY of them have played if it was a normal game?

All the players dropped are fit and have been playing and fairly well

After watching footy for over 60 years I’m just a strong believer in picking a fully fit 22 in finals
Something is NQR with our MC/coaches here.

Still no faith in some of our kids. Cerra no way in hell over Lord at least over recent output.
Much prefer lord in to free up Cripps a little …cerra is not only an injury risk but also out of form

Whilst lord is in ripping form and full of energy

It’s crazy they’ve gone this way

Based on need not because he was was giving kids the opportunity.

We were always a winger short because he wanted Docherty in the midfield and that's is the same reason we were a back short too.

Cowan played 7 games and was dropped when senior players were available.
If he didn't want to play Hollands he could have easily played Docherty/Acres/Cottrell there with no issues. And on Cowan he gave him the first 7 games and now within 2 years of debuting as a 2nd round pick he has become an established player in the 23 of a finals team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the side wins, then winners are grinners and the MC look like geniuses.

But it wouldn’t have been the side I would have picked.

I’m guessing there has to be some late outs.

Isn’t this the behaviour that brought about his downfall at Brisbane and what people have been calling out all year?

Constantly picking the same players regardless of injury, form or fitness all year is why we are where we are.

It just doesn’t seem like Voss adapts or learns from his mistakes.

One could almost say it was why the last coach was sacked as well :)

Right or Wrong Voss is very much about picking the tried and true. He always backs in his core group and rarely plays kids

The only reason Lord Moir Binns have played is because of a massive injury list

Only time will tell if i's the right decision or not
Quite frankly he's a fool.. That quote a few months back regarding Cerra in a presser, "when he's fit he's straight back in"... the guy isn't Judd, Diesel etc. He's so far with consistency across the journey a B grade player with an A patch period last season he hasn't recovered since the first of his hammy issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back