Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much prefer lord in to free up Cripps a little …cerra is not only an injury risk but also out of form

Whilst lord is in ripping form and full of energy

It’s crazy they’ve gone this way

Our senior core had an awful back end of the year, scraped past North and lost to everyone else.

Kids come in and freshen up our game style, pump West Coast and push Saints (in a high quality contest) to the final second. Their reward? The blokes that got us in the rut waltz back in and take their spots.

I didn’t expect all of them to stay in but to drop every one of them.. I’m pretty pissed off tbh. Just sends a shocking message to the group.

People upset over binns lord and moir being dropped they have played like 6 and half games collectively. Cerra is elite and has the runs on the board. Cerra will offer more than the younger ones.
How many full games has Cerra played out this year? And how many has he been subbed out with the a hammy? That ratio isn't great.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our senior core had an awful back end of the year, scraped past North and lost to everyone else.

Kids come in and freshen up our game style, pump West Coast and push Saints (in a high quality contest) to the final second. Their reward? The blokes that got us in the rut waltz back in and take their spots.

I didn’t expect all of them to stay in but to drop every one of them.. I’m pretty pissed off tbh. Just sends a shocking message to the group.
Im seething 😡

If they're playing TDK in the role Charlie's been taking up this year, I don't see it as necessarily being a problem, i.e. TDK is barely taking any ruck minutes instead of trying for 50/50 or 60/40 split.

If he's taking more than a couple of centre bounces a quarter, then we've got a problem.

Lot of people getting mad about Cincotta, but here's the rub:

• Sprays the ball out of defence on the regular
  • Doesn't get a hand on it in midfield and doesn't really

He's there for defensive pressure, and they've got Saad, Cowan, and now maybe Hollands on that in defence, with Kemp, Fantasia, and Durdin up forward, then at least Hewett at stoppages. Without enough offensive output, he goes.

RE: Lord, if they've ticked off Cerra then he has to go, sadly.

Looking for a big contribution on the outside and at centre bounces from our small forwards given the midfield pace, and I'm hoping we've been practicing some quicker ball movement that involves not sending the football 30+ metres into the air.
Shut down Zorko

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cinc will be missed 😏
Not so sure will be missing. Obvious for Zorko. Interesting omissions read Cincotta(omitted); Owies (suspended) then all the other omissions. Strange order for things for this pedantic old bloke. I don’t dare suggest who might come out, there are a number of options. The others are value judgements, Brisbane game is so reliant on that playmaker behind the ball.

Voss brought over Fantasia on a 2 year deal, this just reeks of his stubborness that he had during his Brisbane coaching era.

TDK hasn't played for 2 months basically, Doc a whole season, a one armed Durdin, an unfit out of touch Motlop, then we have injury prones of McGov, Williams, Fantasia, Cerra who have all broken down in multiple games this season.

Hey at least he didn't drop Kemp (shocked over that, I'm sure they could've orchestrated to bring in JSOS for him).

I don’t see it as 2 rucks, with no Charlie and TDK underdone, it’s more like a part time key forward providing ruck relief, together with Harry. Still won’t believe he’s playing until he runs out.

Yep, let’s see who actually runs out

If he plays well it will be his first good game this year.
Really? In round 1 he had 25 touches , 4 tackles and 7 clearances. In round 4 he had 22 touches, 7 tackles, 2 clearances and kicked a goal. In round 19 against the Dogs he had 19 touches, 7 tackles and 7 clearances.

He has had a horror run with injury no doubt. But there have been times that he looked like he was getting rolling till he was cruelled by his strings.

I like Lord, will play plenty of footy, but not currently in the same class as returning players

Even finals teams need kids that can bob up surprise an opposition coach (and themselves), and battlers playing like their life depended on it with a team-first approach.

This whole picking a team based on talent is giving me the shits.

We all hope it works but geez, hard not to be frustrated by it as fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back