Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finals Hub is up ...

Thanks I just found that on the AFL website and was about to post it.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Walsh definitely looked more like his old self. Just disposal on occasion is very shaky, but maybe the bye will further help whatever his issue is.

Walsh definitely looked more like his old self. Just disposal on occasion is very shaky, but maybe the bye will further help whatever his issue is.
2 weeks massage, physio, sauna, bed rest, stretching he’s fit enough just get his body as fresh and nimble as possible and daily visits to the shrink (a different one).

I'd say we'd definitely be bringing in Harry, Charlie, McGovern and Williams.
Conflicting reports on TDK's fitness but even if we select him we may need to go the two ruck route if he is low on conditioning.

I would be against Jack Martin playing due to the possibility of him breaking down early. Especially if we need to sub a TDK/Pitto to bring on some run if we went two rucks.

Cerra is the other one I would be worried about. He is too important to our future to risk a 4th hammy this year.

Doc is just a definite no in my eyes. Love the man but a 25-week ACL is just silly.

If we're bringing 5 into the 23, the outs...
C Durdin - Showed heart but needs the shoulder fixed.
Moir - A natural footballer, and I want him in R1 2025, but if he hasn't got the tank to go if we get an early injury as sub he can't be picked.
Binns - Unlucky, but we know he will be ready to come in if required.
J Carroll & Motlop

FB - Saad, Weitering, Young
HB - Newman, McGovern, Cowan
C - O Hollands, Cripps, Acres
HF - E Hollands, McKay, Williams
FF - Owies, Curnow, Kemp
R - DeKoning*, Walsh, Hewett
I - Kennedy, Pittonet, Cincotta, Lord
Sub - Fantasia

If DeKoning isn't ready then Binns back in to the 23 and shuffle the magnets as required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post it in this thread:-

What a mentally draining day it was yesterday.
There's not a team in the league that's needing this weeks break more than the Blues.
Crippa has played out of his skin this entire year,he now has the week to rest up,freshen up and reset to get the boys up North to take on the Lions.
The extra week to get our injured players back aswell.
Anything is possible as we found out with the results yesterday.

I wish I could like it but my wife said NO🥺. Cost too much to get to Brisbane from Alice Springs, bloody QANTAS.

WTAF. $1000+ just to get from the Alice to Brisbane return?

It cost the three of us $2500 to Perth and back in February.

That's insane. I'm sorry mate.

Don't you know who our lawyer is, he will be fine

picture-7600-1561082208.jpg

Fantasia will be playing in Brisbane - 2 direct goal assists and a goal himself. Huge in an 11 goal game.
Has his detractors, but the reality is he did twice as much as either Durds or Motlop, so Voss would be pleased.

Fantasia will be playing in Brisbane - 2 direct goal assists and a goal himself. Huge in an 11 goal game.

Liked the way he covered ground yesterday. Worked all the way back to the d50 at times. For a club that occasionally struggles for workrate thought his effort was massive.

With Big H and Charlie back Kennedy will be able to go back into the mid rotations. :thumbsu:

This is good news IMO as that's where he is best and IMO sadly, we can't risk Cerra.

NO WAY Chugga should be the sub!

Lord to stay and Moir to replace little Durds . (injured)

TDK spoke in the social club yesterday pre game and he didn't sound too confident of being right. :straining:

Gov back is a huge in and I would still leave Kemp up front. As third tall he could really pose some problems
for the Lions.

Williams back is a no brainer IMO and Carroll or Fantasia more than likely to make way.

Martin........? I for one have finally lost faith. A great pity as he offers plenty when right.

Ditto Marchbank and little Boyd may have left his run too late also.

So four changes for me. (if TDK not right)

Outs Young Fantasia,Durdin, Carroll.

In H, Charlie, Gov and Williams.

Binns the sub.

His blind bomb kicks have always been an issue, but he's even been missing simple kicks & handballs the last few weeks, that part is new. He hit the contest harder and looked to be running better on the weekend which is a positive but the polish needs a fair bit of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back