Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping they are keeping TDK under wraps because they are trying to surprise the Lions at the last minute (in this case 24 hours before). But we usually seem to be a little too transparent in our comments about who seems to be on track and available. Regardless I’ve got my fingers crossed because he’s a game changer and if you’re going to give one guy until the last day to prove himself it’s TDK.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Judging him on his games V Geelong, Essendon etc he's arguably the most important piece of the puzzle.

No coincidence that we've looked vulnerable at stoppage since he's been out.

Will be a massive IN if he can get up.

Fitness starts dropping after 2-3 weeks. Muscle mass a bit longer. 4-8 weeks.
Yeah that's true - think they'll be OK but they will have detrained a touch for sure

They do a lot of off feet cardio now so can keep conditioning but will detrain a bit after missing a few weeks

TDK is a different story, having punctured a lung - don't know what cardio you can do to maintain conditioning with that, I imagine none

I’m bringing all of Charlie, Harry, Gov, Williams, Doc, Martin, TDK and Cerra in if they’re fit.

Lord and Binns etc are part of the future but to play them in an elimination final with so little experience is fraught with danger.

Outs for me would be

Owies
Cowan
Binns
Lord
Carrol
Pitto
Motts
Durdin

B: Newman, Weitering, Gov
HB: Saad, Young, O. Hollanfs
C: Acres, Cripps, Charlie
HF: Fantasia, Charlie, E. Hollands
F: Martin, Harry, Williams
R: TDK, Walsh, Cerra
Int: Kennedy, Hewitt, Cincotta, Kemp
Sub: Moir

Won’t happen I know.

The young guys did play well against WCE and St Kilda but playing Brisbane in Brisbane and in a final, is a different ball game.
You may be right in general but in our last 2 games Lord has not looked out of place whatso ever.

Saints match was a lot harder of course and I thought he battled away admirably right through to the end. I did not notice signs of fatigue or his value to the team wavering.

Lions at the Gabba is another step up more difficult but I think he is up to the challenge.

I'm doubting Cerra gets up for this and his first game back from injuries usually isn't too crash hot so prefer we stick with Lord.

I think playing an extra in and under type player like Lord is makes our mid group function a bit better - allowing Cripps a bit more freedom to do other stuff.

I really do think Moir and Lord need to hold their spots - Lord gives me Newcombe vibes, as in he’s ready made to make the step to AFL footy

Moir is a serious X factor player and provides a genuine marking threat i50 especially with Owies gone and Martin being far too risky to bring in with his history on this short of a turnaround

Yeah that's true - think they'll be OK but they will have detrained a touch for sure

They do a lot of off feet cardio now so can keep conditioning but will detrain a bit after missing a few weeks

TDK is a different story, having punctured a lung - don't know what cardio you can do to maintain conditioning with that, I imagine none

It's not actually fitness that concerns me. It's more about health and ability to play at close to 100% without restrictions

Can Charlie move properly on his foot, TDK the same. Can Williams, McGovern stretch out with their Hamstring issues?

Docherty of course is a bit of both

Got told today that Doch is definitely in.

Disclaimer: this came from someone who I know well but doesn't normally give me tidbits because I rarely see them... Passing it on nonetheless.
Thanks for update :)

Personally I think its the wrong decision and I think rushing players in has been a major issue this year and detrimental to the team as well

But here's hoping he plays well and come out uninjured if true

Not many giving us a chance which is great all the pressure on them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Plenty of pressure on us, we sacked a coach, missed finals, won two finals by a kick and we are right in the premiership window. Like the Lions we have a huge amount to lose.

You may be right in general but in our last 2 games Lord has not looked out of place whatso ever.

If Lord is dropped I will be very disappointed. Was very good against Saints and was composed. His clean hands inside and ability to hit targets was a highlight

Only needs to play 60-70% game time to relieve Cripps Hewett Kennedy. He will keep the pressure up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that true? I'm told he hasn't done any full contact at all and at training the other day he certainly didn't
According to Jon Ralph it is: “Sam Docherty thinks he's ready to play, he believes he's ready to play he's had three weeks of full training, excellent strength in that surgically repaired knee."

That was last week. I'm inclined to believe it as I find it extremely unlikely that as many people from Carlton have talked about him playing if he hasn't even entered contact work yet.

According to Jon Ralph it is: “Sam Docherty thinks he's ready to play, he believes he's ready to play he's had three weeks of full training, excellent strength in that surgically repaired knee."

That was last week. I'm inclined to believe it as I find it extremely unlikely that as many people from Carlton have talked about him playing if he hasn't even entered contact work yet.

Feels like a lot of outside noise to me. People internally aren't saying much at all.

I come in peace!

As a Pie, you’re my most hated team. But jeez, should you win the flag, I hope Docherty gets there. What a legend he is.
I think that if Doc makes it to the big show and gets a winners medal, he might consider all the pain and suffering he suffered for the last 6 years, testicular cancer and 3 ACL's to be well worth the price.

If he comes back in and helps us go all the way, I don't think that a single Carlton supporter would complain if he decided to hang his boots up.

Rather fortuitously punctured lung is one of the few injuries I have not got personal experience with recovery on. Sounds completely ****ed.

Waited on the reply - messaged a physio mate who essentially said punctured lung basically has to involve broken ribs. The broken bones take longer to heal and hurt more during deep breathing than the lung - which will be better in a couple weeks vs 4-6 for the bone depending on severity.

And then we also have no idea on the extent of his foot injuries right? Or have I missed that reporting

Rather fortuitously punctured lung is one of the few injuries I have not got personal experience with recovery on. Sounds completely ****ed.

Waited on the reply - messaged a physio mate who essentially said punctured lung basically has to involve broken ribs. The broken bones take longer to heal and hurt more during deep breathing than the lung - which will be better in a couple weeks vs 4-6 for the bone depending on severity.

And then we also have no idea on the extent of his foot injuries right? Or have I missed that reporting
hahaha I refer to my S&C friend for things I'm not sure on either

That's really interesting though!

I'm not sure on the foot injuries either, might be that is the limiting factor

They haven't said he's playing
No, I didn't suggest they had, but they have suggested he's training well and giving himself every chance on playing.

Doesn't read to me as he hasn't even entered contact training, which would immediately rule him out, which no one has done. If anything, they've contributed to the anticipation, not cast doubt.

No, I didn't suggest they had, but they have suggested he's training well and giving himself every chance on playing.

Doesn't read to me as he hasn't even entered contact training, which would immediately rule him out, which no one has done. If anything, they've contributed to the anticipation, not cast doubt.

I see it differently but that's okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back