Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emotionally i love thay Doc is in, but logically i struggle with rushing players back in from serious injuries, particularly into a finals campaign

While I love his heart and professionalism I wonder if we are setting ourselves up for an in game issue. We have seen how rushing back players has affected us this season.

But congrads to doc, his professionalism and heart is what makes him the player he is and what I wish all our players were like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues veteran to face Lions less than six months after knee reco - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1211257

Key takeaways
  • McKay and Curnow expected to play
  • McGovern likely to play
  • Williams, Cerra, TDK and Martin all trained to varying degrees during match sim session and are pressing their case for Saturday night.
  • Boyd unlikely to feature with an adductor injury.

Even if he only plays a half how motivating is this for the team?
Suspect Doc won’t be sub and will be named in the 22. I also expect he will most like play all of the game. The amount of work he has done, I’d want him with ball in hand in the last few minutes of this match

I’d written the entire club off after the Hawks game.
Stick with your convictions based on what you see. Writing us off as capable of winning a premiership the way the club is managed, seems rational. However, current talent and football department management is 100% capable of winning finals. Logic suggests we are a 6th to 8th team. The rest is miracles, which do happen

Emotionally i love thay Doc is in, but logically i struggle with rushing players back in from serious injuries, particularly into a finals campaign

While I love his heart and professionalism I wonder if we are setting ourselves up for an in game issue. We have seen how rushing back players has affected us this season.

But congrads to doc, his professionalism and heart is what makes him the player he is and what I wish all our players were like.
It's not a soft tissue injury, it's a ligament injury. The risk is he does another ACL or he doesn't. If he does another ACL, that would be terrible, but I don't think there's any more liklihood of that happening now than in say 6 months time in Round 1 next year. It's not like the ACL repair is a soft tissue injury that gets stronger and stronger over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back