Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasn’t played a good game in 2024. Why play him. He’s a shadow of his former self. Pass.

I’m a massive Cerra fan but I wouldn’t pick him. Has struggled this year and needs to fully get over hammy issues and have big pre season

Picking him is another risk piled upon many other risks

Charlie not playing after being listed as 1-2 weeks nearly 4 weeks ago but Doc playing after a 6 month ACL injury would be peak Carlton.

Clubs rarely tell the truth publicly.

Wonder how much of the TDK/Charlie talk is a game?… false leaks etc. then 6:25 all named.

I hope so but last time before the Saints game on about the Wednesday he did say Charlie and McGovern won’t play - both were named on Thursday and then neither played - so we don’t have a history of fake leaks yet but to your point if you’re going to do it the one time it’s now

More likely neither will play because they genuinely are injured - and in fact TDK may be more likely at this stage given he did play the intraclub hit out the other day whereas I think Charlie sat that out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just don't drop Lord to fit in Cerra.
Too many underdone players will hand the game over to brizzy.
Based on evidence available, it would be crazy to pick Cez. His form has not been good after returning each time from injury, he has not had a clear run of games to test his hammies and gain form and he's a good chance to break down in game. On top of all of that is that Lord Cooper has come in and been quite impressive. His in and under skills will be required in a hot contest on Saturday night.

Although Jack Martin would be able to make an impact coming straight in, you would not pick him either based on the fact he's likely to break down in game.

If Charlie doesn't play, I'm hoping Tommy gets up so we can still maintain a three tall forward line. I just feel that this could really stretch Brisbane if we use the ball well going into F50 and our forwards look to find space to lead into. The bonus is that Tommy will be able to ruck as well.

I pays me money, I boos the umpires, part of the fun.
To be clear this is about .0005% of the actual match and I do not shout at them uncontrollably.
TBF I have worked with three umpires, in various leagues over the journey, all three have been unique characters and mostly harmless among the general population. But……
.......... "They are a weird lot". might be what you had in mind?

B: Saad, Weitering, Young
Ollie, McGovern, Newman
C: Acres, Hewett, Binns
Elijah, McKay, Cincotta
F: Williams, Kemp, Fantasia

R: Pittonet, Cripps, Walsh

I: Cowan, Lord, Kennedy, Docherty
S: Moir

E: Carroll Durdin Motlop
N/a: TDK Cerra Martin Curnow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hate to be picking the side this week

So many doubts on key players, young players standing up over last 2 games and balance of the side is vital. So many risks BUT we have no choice on many

Can we pick TDK as sole ruck coming off bad injury?
If not and we play him and Pittonet, then can we pick Charlie & McKay as well? It's a very tall side especially now with Kemp up forward
If Charlie is picked he will not be close to 100% and has struggled since being injured
Bringing back all of Williams McGovern and possibly Cerra after "recurring" hamstrings is scary. If just one goes down we are in trouble with rotations and flexibility
Docherty I love but feel it's more about emotion and hope than logic
Martin. Surely not especially with emergence of Kemp. Body just can't be trusted. We already have Fantasia who isn't much better injury wise
Remembering we also have Durdin (who is carrying a shoulder concern), Pittonet who I'm told needs a knee clean out and Acres who has a shoulder issue

In a FINAL, you need 22 players playing hard for 4 quarters.

What a nightmare. We pull this off, it will be one of our greatest wins EVER

So many doubts on key players, young players standing up over last 2 games and balance of the side is vital. So many risks BUT we have no choice on many

If not and we play him and Pittonet, then can we pick Charlie & McKay as well? It's a very tall side especially now with Kemp up forward
If Charlie is picked he will not be close to 100% and has struggled since being injured
Bringing back all of Williams McGovern and possibly Cerra after "recurring" hamstrings is scary. If just one goes down we are in trouble with rotations and flexibility
Martin. Surely not especially with emergence of Kemp. Body just can't be trusted. We already have Fantasia who isn't much better injury wise
Remembering we also have Durdin (who is carrying a shoulder concern), Pittonet who I'm told needs a knee clean out and Acres who has a shoulder issue

I feel comfortable with what appears the consensus based on the rumours and media - we bring in Harry, Mitch, Zac and Doch. The first 3 haven’t missed many games this season so should have some form - and Zac in particular has played well in big games before so I’m pretty happy he’s back. Mitch can be injury prone but he’s mostly held up this season. Doch hasn’t played in 6 months but they will tailor a role for him where he doesn’t have to have a deadly foot to have an impact.

No Charlie, no TDK, no Cerra and no Martin does reduce the worry about having 23 fit players. So I think a minimal risk 23 is falling into place so I’m pretty upbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Selection juggling act.

What we know is we simply have to take some risks, the side that lost to the Saints despite it's efforts doesn't have the talent to get close to the Lions in a final.

In 100%:
McKay must play, sounded like a minor injury and he can pinch hit in the ruck. Probably our most important player given he can play second ruck, and CHF and key forward.

Likewise, Williams felt like a minor injury and provided a critical X factor and went behind the ball.

Doc, is a perfect sub as can play any position and would provide a massive lift mid-way through Q3. Also if game is over then don't bring him on.

Gov, seemed like a mild injury, critical second tall defender and creative ball used, so must be risked.

In maybe:

Curnow or TDK - For me can only pick one of these. If TDK plays he is largely forward and as a second ruck, he wouldn't be fit enough to play a full game in ruck. If Charlie plays then no TDK. We cannot go into a final with an underdone TDK, Pit, underdone Charlie and returning Harry and McGovern. The team would be too top-heavy and slow.

Cerra or Martin: Both play and almost certain one of them breaks down, so given all the above I would be inclined to leave both out but if one plays then the other can't.

If TDK is more of a chance than Charlie, would it be an option to play him as a forward.
He could ruck in the forward line and Harry play as second ruck around the ground.

If TDK is more of a chance than Charlie, would it be an option to play him as a forward.
He could ruck in the forward line and Harry play as second ruck around the ground.
Spot on. Play TDK fwd and second ruck and leave Charlie out.

Spot on. Play TDK fwd and second ruck and leave Charlie out.
Agree with this too. Can't play Charlie with his type of injury and history with injury.

Gotta pick 1 of Martin or Williams - cant go both. Id go with Williams.

Show some dare, with Harry coming back in and Owies out, give Moir the full game with Doc as sub.

I'm excited to see what we do, I think with season on the line, again in Brisbane where no one expects us to win:

Im Ready Episode 1 GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

(pls blindly ignore the fact Conor lost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back