Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasia & Motlop very lucky…
C.Durd’s as well, hope the shoulder can handle the final intensity.
Watching Raz struggle to run after a Lions player today on the replay did not fill me with confidence.

Even finals teams need kids that can bob up surprise an opposition coach (and themselves), and battlers playing like their life depended on it with a team-first approach.

This whole picking a team based on talent is giving me the shits.

We all hope it works but geez, hard not to be frustrated by it as fans.

I really don't care for age brackets, young or old, just pick a cohesive line up

We aren't in rebuild or development mode, we are in win finals mode

You know it's going to go one of 2 ways;

3-6 players breaking down, unable to run out the game or fumbly from being so out of touch.

Or luck befalls us for once and everyone plays to potential relatively injury free and we hold onto the game in the end after a bulk tire.

If he didn't want to play Hollands he could have easily played Docherty/Acres/Cottrell there with no issues. And on Cowan he gave him the first 7 games and now within 2 years of debuting as a 2nd round pick he has become an established player in the 23 of a finals team
So you have Acres on one wing so he can't play both. He wanted Docherty in the midfield so that rules him out and Cottrell is not a winger as has been shown by his form when playing there

It is why we recruited Acres and why we drafted Ollie & Binns

Also as I previously said about Cowan it was needs based as well. Moving Docherty off the half back line meant there was a hole that needed filling

This isn't about his form this year its about both players being in the team last year as result of player positional needs

If we had players in those positions already i believe they would also have been selected sporadically instead of the extent they have been

They are positive examples of young players getting games in the first team and growing into a role.

Voss has alot of positives but his flexibility with game plans and game day team sheets continues to be his weak point in my opinion

I know they can't all stay in but Cinc, Binns, Lord and Moir stiff to all get dropped. Cinc has been good, and Binns was great against the Saints. Two rucks is a bit of a head scratcher too, really hope we're not too slow.

Think we're lacking a bit of pace and x factor but we're making up for that with games and finals experience. Either way, I'm backing the match committee in, I'm sure they know a little more than me.

Can't wait to see what the final team and what the boys can do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can get all the 'Ins', but the one that stood out is the omission of Cinc. I would have thought one of Durdin or Motlop might have made way. I'm trusting those who run out on Saturday evening have been assessed as fit to play. I'd just prefer to see Cinc in somehow.... just me...

Actually last two weeks were most “cohesive” I had seen all year

The injuries we had the last third of the season were monumental.

absolutely destabilising

More surprised about Cincotta being out, rather than 1 of Durdin, Motlop or Fantasia not coming out
Reckon there might be a late change

Or maybe cez plays the defensive forward role on zorko, with all that defensive experience he gained earlier in the year on half back

He’s one of those players that has had to play certain roles and not in his best position. I think he has been treated poorly
Most of his roles aligned to particular direct matchups he has more than often shut them down or curbed their impact helping the team…

He is the only player we have who can play a role across all lines with genuine leg speed who can shut down his opponents but can be offensively effective and hit the scoreboard..

Should be in the B23…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back