Preview 2024 Elimination Final Carlton vs Brisbane Saturday 7th September 7:30PM AEST @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Moir or Chug at training. Chug’s wife due this month.

Kemp spent majority of training with defenders, Young trained with the forwards and took plenty of shots.

TDK kicked around a soccer ball, didn’t touch a footy. Cincotta all smiles chatting with fans. I smell a few changes 😂😂😂😂
Young as a defensive fwd on Harris Andrews?

Hoyney said that most of the GFs of the past 15 years have been chaos games, whereby ground balls outweigh marks. He said that finals in general are played this way.

He said that Carlton and Geelong have played the most chaos games this season.

Note that the Cats were heavily winning the ground ball game last night.

This is how we play. Pressure equals ground balls. This is why we have 4 small forwards in the side. They are there to create ground balls through pressure in the forward half of the ground. We intend to make this scrappy and cause panic.

We have played 14 chaos games this year to Brisbane's 6, although Brisbane have won 5 of those 6. So it's chaos and pressure that counts.

I know I’m in a phone booth sized crowd around here on this matter, but I think we’ve been a better team this year whenever Fantasia has played. Yes, he doesn’t get many stats. But he must be doing team based stuff. He gets a gig in my side. Maybe he comes off as a sub if he’s running out of legs, but he is in the starting team for me.

You stay negative, I’ll stay positive.
There's realistic optimism and unrealistic optimism.

They killed us off hbf in the preliminary.

Sure, he might bob up for a goal or three, but there is much more to the role now.

Realisitically, Motlop has shown zero urgency this season and has been defensively lax repeatedly. Which leads me to believe this will continue.

What makes you think he'll turn it around?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

ok we've got the more seasoned bodies into this game now - let's use it and crash and bash these lions

I want to see a high intensity, highly defensive game. Don't give them time and slow them lions right down, make them think twice for every of their possession!

Let's go Baggers!!!

There's realistic optimism and unrealistic optimism.

They killed us off hbf in the preliminary.

Sure, he might bob up for a goal or three, but there is much more to the role now.

Realisitically, Motlop has shown zero urgency this season and has been defensively lax repeatedly. Which leads me to believe this will continue.

What makes you think he'll turn it around?

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Which players killed us off half back?

Cmon Arrow, match fitness is very different to being fit, nor can training replicate having an opposition player up your date trying to smash you at every turn.
Training loads don’t replicate VFL let alone AFL level of football

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Definitely when it comes to finding touch, but not fitness

Certainly has been mixed results, no doubt about that…
There’s been a number of results off the back of some really poor selection decisions which at times were incredibly obvious to even us outside of the club, just an observation 👍

I guess that only appears after the fact

If we lose this week, people will focus on the output of returning players

I prefer critical analysis win or lose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like we're too tall. I understand the desire to keep Young and Kemp in in case H, TDK or Gov don't make it through the game, which says to me that we aren't convinced that they are 100% ready to go.
Would prefer Young out with one of the youngsters in, but anyway.

How many of the 14 did we win?

He didn't say.

It must be said that the majority of our games are chaps games, because of our deplorable kicking skills. It suits finals if we bring our pressure game, that's all.

Feels like we're too tall. I understand the desire to keep Young and Kemp in in case H, TDK or Gov don't make it through the game, which says to me that we aren't convinced that they are 100% ready to go.
Would prefer Young out with one of the youngsters in, but anyway.

They have 3 200cm + guys. We have to have one of that size to compete. One thing Young can do is run and spoil.

If we lose, I won't be blaming selection. We are damned if we do, and damned if we don't in the event of a loss.

We've gone for experience over youth and I'm okay with that. We can't match Brisbane's game plan so we have to imprint our game plan on this match and make them adapt.

It's our only hope. Make it a true 50/50 contested game or get blown away by superior skills and run.

I don't like how we got ourselves into this situation, but given the injuries and the situation, I'll hold off on the pitchforks if we give a good account of ourselves here, win or lose.

The fact that we went right out and got a rated high performance manager already is a massive tick for the club. I like that we making things happen.

Next under the microscope. Line coaches and Austin.

Last edited:
Because when he is given a role, he gets it done. May not win a game off his own boot, or get 30+, but is very dependable to shut down his opponent.
So when was his last really good game , who did he shut down against st kilda and Collingwood … I honestly don’t really notice him like when he started the tagging role …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back