Status
Not open for further replies.

madhawksfan

Premiership Player
May 12, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
After 6 long years in the wilderness, we are back on the big stage! What a ride this season has been and hopefully the boys can keep it going with a strong win tonight.

Treloar a potential out for them would be massive as it balances the midfield battle. I’d prefer he plays not at 100% because that is risky in a final.

Huge opportunity for our next gen in Croc, Weddle, Wiz, Mass, Ward, Finn, Dear and Newk to gain invaluable experience.

Whatever the result tonight, we can be all proud of what the club has achieved in 2024. Having said that, let’s get out there and kick their arses!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve already called it, early lunch and office beers at 2.
Yes I’ve locked in a long lunch followed by a long walk to the G.

Last night showed again that defensive discipline and work rate can prevail over a more imposing midfield group. There’s no doubt they have the bigger names in the midfield and Bont is as imposing as any in the game. We need our defensive pressure game to be at its absolute best to neutralise their gun midfielder influence. Give our forwards a near even chance and I think our unpredictable forward line will get it done.

With it forecasted to rain we will smash them when the ball hits the ground and nullify the marking power of their tall forwards. Ginni,Wiz and Moore to take them to the cleaners. GO HAWKS!
It's very windy , so unless it's bucketing down during play ( which it may do ) the ground will dry quickly .

The wind may help us a bit , swirly in the G makes it a lot harder to mark and the ball will be on the ground

Over the last 6 years one positive not making finals is watching games in Sept relaxed …… forgot about how stressful it is 😂

Hope it does rain a bit tonight. I know a few have said that Doggies have recently played some good footy in the wet but when you look at each sides strengths in the forward line …… one with 3 quality big talls and the other with 5 quality smalls. I don’t care what anyone says it would have to tip things into our favour. Let’s all start rain dancing from 6pm onwards surely one of us will nail it!

Last edited:
If we win tonight we will come up against a team next week in the semi final that has been pumped by 84 points, and everyone is saying we shouldn't be worried about Port Next week, I wonder how many of us were saying the same thing about North in 07 when they lost to Geelong by 106 points and look what happened, the next week we lost.

If we win tonight we will come up against a team next week in the semi final that has been pumped by 84 points, and everyone is saying we shouldn't be worried about Port Next week, I wonder how many of us were saying the same thing about North in 07 when they lost to Geelong by 106 points and look what happened, the next week we lost.
This x100. The only time Kenny knows to show up is when his job is on the line.

Regardless. We've a much larger task to worry about.

Great to be back in the finals and this group has given us an incredible ride this year. From a terrible start where everything seemed to be going wrong, to gut wrenching losses that would ultimately drive us to turn our season around and become the hottest and most exciting team in the league. All that hard work, all the bumps we've ridden has given us a chance to really drive towards greatness. It's a massive challenge, I honestly think these two sides tonight are both playing at their best and it's a bit of shame we landed on each other for the first round. Feel like both sides could have inflicted some serious disruption on the finals series.

Biggest game of most of our players lives tonight, big stage, huge crowd, Friday night prime time footy.

Let's ****ing go!

C'mon Hawkers!

So excited. Finals footy again!

This is the start of an awesome run. Hope we get up today in what would be the toughest challenge.

We owe these guys for gifting us Brian Lake. They owe us for incubating Luke Beveridge. No animus - let’s just beat them up and then shake their hands.

GO HAWKS.

Probably been said before WBD ended our last legacy at the SF in 2016 let’s hope we start one again by beating them tonight
That one still burns in my gut - the armchair ride they got with the non HTB/throw calls was disgusting that night - had a simmering hatred for them ever since!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back