List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering Fletcher and Ashcroft both played for the bears and are now both in their 50s, a quick search showed that the youngest player for Fitzroy still alive who played over 100 games was probably Lynch, if they aren't in the pipeline that Briztoon hasn't mentioned then it's probably unlikely.

Unless our elder statesmen start pulling a Pacino. Depending on your perspective there is always hope I guess.
Man, I don’t stalk our current and ex players, and their kids. I couldn’t tell you who has kids and who doesn’t.

I lift most of my info from the Lions academy FB page and a couple of posters here.

However, I do expect Chance Robinson to be a gun player, Zorko’s boy not so much.

I don’t stalk our current and ex players, and their kids.

I’m starting to think you aren’t as dedicated to this forum as you let on Briztoon. We want somebody who can go the extra mile.

Man, I don’t stalk our current and ex players, and their kids. I couldn’t tell you who has kids and who doesn’t.

I lift most of my info from the Lions academy FB page and a couple of posters here.

However, I do expect Chance Robinson to be a gun player, Zorko’s boy not so much.

Well Luke Hodge does have 4 x sons....

Intersting section in today's Moneyball in the Herald Sun, apparently one of our -16s Girls Academy players [who made the -16 Qld AFL team] got poached by the Broncos. Also, a number of former Lions have daughters in the academy

But in a month where the Lions lost a 16-year-old academy player to the cashed-up Broncos only weeks after she made the Queensland AFL state side, Swann said Brisbane’s academy was a smashing success that should not be neutered.

“We have a whole crew of the three-peat guys who have daughters. Olivia Brown (daughter of Jon) is going quite well, we have the Leppitsch girls who are tall like their dad, Marcus Ashcroft says his two boys (Levi and Will) go well but Lucy’s the best of all of them. And Clark Keating’s girls are blessed with their father’s height so there could be a little flurry of father-daughters in the next little while.

“It’s a really different landscape for us up here. The Olympics are coming quicker than people think. We have a lot of rugby sevens girls who are recruited on the Gold Coast at 17 and they can live in the AIS on $60,000 or $70,000 a year. Rugby doesn’t have a draft and they can lock away kids at 14 or 15 on Broncos contracts. (The player poached) was playing with us until two weeks ago and had just made the Queensland AFL state team.”

Haha I wasn't suggesting you had a rollerdex of primary and high schools, doing a call around each week to get a scouting report on our potential father / sons.

Although a bit disappointed tbh, as BRAB said where's the dedication.

Another excellent performance and one of Metro's best on the day. This was a typical Levi game, as he outworked his opponents and ran himself into the ground to make contest after contest, finding a stack of footy in the process. His disposal was neat and creative as always, and when he was presented with an opportunity to hit the scoreboard late he made no mistake.

Haha I wasn't suggesting you had a rollerdex of primary and high schools, doing a call around each week to get a scouting report on our potential father / sons.

Although a bit disappointed tbh, as BRAB said where's the dedication.
Some of the team boards have a dedicated father son thread, where the first post is a sticky where every child is listed with their birthday and their draft year.

Intersting section in today's Moneyball in the Herald Sun, apparently one of our -16s Girls Academy players [who made the -16 Qld AFL team] got poached by the Broncos. Also, a number of former Lions have daughters in the academy
We probably lose Jono Browns daughter to the Suns academy.

Some of the team boards have a dedicated father son thread, where the first post is a sticky where every child is listed with their birthday and their draft year.

shocked sesame street GIF

Another excellent performance and one of Metro's best on the day. This was a typical Lev game, as he outworked his opponents and ran himself into the ground to make contest after contest, finding a stack of footy n the process. His disposal was neat and creative as always, and when he was presented with an opportunity to hit the scoreboard late he made no mistake.

Has he got some growing to do ? Seems a more rangy type than Will.

A bit of chat how good we hope they can be if they ever decide to play footy is always going to happen, but keep it as the kid of player x is going to be awesome

And following their performance once they are in academies is fair enough.

But adults posting names and birthdays of kids they have no link to, that's verging on stalking. And adults stalking kids is ugly.

Makes me uncomfortable.

But adults posting names and birthdays of kids they have no link to, that's verging on stalking. And adults stalking kids is ugly.

Makes me uncomfortable.

I would delete "verging on". It's creepy. And in these days where identity theft is an issue, you could argue it maybe opens up other issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levi reminded me of Luke Power (in the way he plays) in that video. Skilful, always in the right places to get the ball and composed with the ball. If he can get to that level of player for us what a great asset to the club he'll be.

I know I have a habit of offending and here I’m genuinely trying to be sensitive but surely if indigenous players qualify for NGA they’ve got to have at least 50% heritage if that’s what you call it. I mean some of the people that are claiming to be indigenous (and I don’t mean solely in relation to AFL) is a bit sus. No jokes we had an applicant for a job where I work and the guy looked Irish with red hair and he claimed indigenous status with citing like 5%.

Outside of AFL, but does anyone know at what point one can claim indigenous heritage?
I agree with you totally. My daughter qualified for a private school with both her primary school grades and her sporting performance. A girl that had been in ever class with her through Primary School missed out in both categories but her mother, a teacher at the primary school, decided to say they were indigenous and qualify that way. So a red headed, freckle faces, white as a ghost girl with parents the same were accepted as private schools in Qld had to have 3% indigenous pupils. I absolutely support pathways for indigenous kids especially those that want to improve themselves from a cultural background lacking professional support but I recognise there is some activities within the system that turns others against the process.

In order to be eligible for schemes, grants etc aimed at indigenous participation, you need to have a letter of confirmation from a registered indigenous community organisation.

Having worked alongside such an organisation in the past on such a scheme, I can tell you they're not handed out willy-nilly. They are VERY protective and won't provide these letters unless the family is already known in the local indigenous community.

Mistakes would happen occasionally, but it's a much more effective way of determining someone's indigenous status than grading the colour of their skin, or the presence of freckles.

How do people rate Levi's top age draft year compared to Will's? I remember Will was phenomenal in that year and undisputedly the number 1 player over the year. Think he got like a 54 disposal game at one time too. Is Levi a full time mid? Seems to be getting a few more goals than Will from memory?
I believe they are similar, play a very similar game style at Sandringham. Levi doesn’t look as polished as Will, but has played with more grunt and looks more natural in the forward half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back