Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Understood now, but as a designer who deals in information like this the idea that some dickhead at some level couldn't change this word is astounding - it's 2024.

Like nobody at some user experience level thought, you know what, that's a simple yet effective change which makes logical sense.

I'm flat-out all day long, and a dumb simple change like that makes a world of difference don't you think?

Got there in the end, ironically about 9 rows back from where I sit now, same seast on the edge of the isle. It was meant to be.

View attachment 2093374

Sure, but to avoid being timed out / kicked off, I always log in first to my ticketek account rather than try and do it after I have got some tickets.

Do it that way and Barcodes is the only logical thing you enter, given the email says enter your barcodes to get access, and its been this way since at least the 2020 finals series if not the 2017 ones, so its not a complete new experience for Port supporters who buy finals tickets.

A shambles as usual. I have friends who had a group of 4 seats lined up and then it wouldn't go to payment and dumped them out.

By the time they were able to get back in it was only offering seats in the 500s and they can't negotiate the steps up there.

Why is this so hard every year?

It was easier to queue up outside Rowe and Jarman back in the day.

The system is saying there are still are single seats in good Category 1 seats if you are desperate to get at least one seat now.

Not sure what that does when you go to buy a second seat with that same bar code in a separate transaction.

If you want to be cheekie try selecting Geelong Members tickets categories and there are still a few good bays with tickets in them. Just have to sit in the middle of Geelong supporters.

Sure, but to avoid being timed out / kicked off, I always log in first to my ticketek account rather than try and do it after I have got some tickets.

Do it that way and Barcodes is the only logical thing you enter, given the email says enter your barcodes to get access, and its been this way since at least the 2020 finals series if not the 2017 ones, so its not a complete new experience for Port supporters who buy finals tickets.

I went through it all yesterday, it was all fine re my account.

'Do it that way and Barcodes is the only logical thing you enter' - NO

You're wrong with that part, I don't use Ticketek or buy tickets much, personally in communications you need to make it clear as day, word it correctly, if that's all you can enter (a barcode) then bloody well say it. You seem to be clued up with it but I wasn't so I did what it said - password.

I actually though it wanted to verify my account again that's all.

It says tickets access on the 5th
I noticed in amongst the jumble it mentioned the 5th, I assumed it was just the date of the game. Only getting access to the ticket on gameday doesn't leave any room to sort out problems if there are any.

Does anyone know if the two tickets per barcode will be the same offer for either the semi final or prelim final in a few weeks? Have a country membership and can't get over for the Thursday night match next week.

Going to be very interesting for me if we make a home prelim. My bucks party is Saturday 21 September. Hoping we get a Friday match given the other prelim will be in Sydney.
I already have a trip to Melbourne with some friends from the 19th to 22nd. So if it is an Adelaide I won’t be going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if the two tickets per barcode will be the same offer for either the semi final or prelim final in a few weeks? Have a country membership and can't get over for the Thursday night match next week.
It will be the same for the SF. It was 2 tickets last year.

I think it will be for the PF at Adelaide Oval. We wont get 53,000 rock up. A PF ticket will be $200+ for adults, concession $150 and about kids $60 and and a lot of our fans will say that's too expensive for them.

The cheaper tickets get less and less allocation each year, and will get snapped up quickly, so some of the people who might be prepared to pay $100 for a ticket, wont get access to them and not go.

Edit; as Smartys Power replied below, it was still Covid restrictions of 26k. So maybe it will be 2 per barcode.

Decided to double check what the 2021 PF rules were. It was only one ticket. From the club email sent out on 5th Sept 2021

6130291522e7f.png

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11
7:10PM (VENUE LOCAL TIME)
ADELAIDE OVAL

REH, your member barcode(s) is required to complete your purchase:

Limit of one (1) ticket per membership

You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction.

Last edited:
Decided to double check what the 2021 PF rules were. It was only one ticket. From the club email sent out on 5th Sept 2021

6130291522e7f.png

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11
ADELAIDE OVAL

Yep, I wonder how many tickets will show up with online scalpers with this stupid rule.

6130291522e7f.png

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11
ADELAIDE OVAL

Was a COVID season though. Only 26k we’re there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back