Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate the Ticketek site

So get into tekiteki all good so far....

Go to grab numbers from my cleverly already prepared area... system locks up....time out one

Get back in enter the details hit next message not enough tickets (have three choose three) wtaf..... In out again time out number two

In again get to the payment screen didn't check the card type.....counting down, counting down...

Done.

Now I let myself dream for a couple of minutes...that we make it. I do get tickets and

WE WIN.

Then back to the real world.

Done but did the club stick a non working link in their email? I can imagine we are going to hear some stories from the oldies who sat there with the page not loading instead of getting to it any other way!

Locked in with three Priority 1 ballots.

I'm presuming that they'll automatically put the seats together.

Got a text from my nephew at 7.38 that its all done for our group of 7.

I assume Brisbane members are doing this today as well.

That's the whole idea of booking with multiple barcodes.

But it's Ticketek, so you never know.

Yeah we had 12 P1's in my group, so we had 2 buyers so that we're separated into a couple groups with seats together.

I've certainly noticed in the past too for anyone with groups, the bigger your group the worse your seat is likely to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In and out in a couple of minutes, best $12 experience ever 🤷‍♂️
Pretty epic money maker for the AFL though.

2 teams wont make it, that's $6 x possibly anywhere between 40-80k members. So a roughly a quick $240-480k for the AFL for nothing.

If your team wins, I presume you get your 6 bucks back, as it gets included in the ticket? If not, then I guess that value they've banked doubles.

Pretty epic money maker for the AFL though.

2 teams wont make it, that's $6 x possibly anywhere between 40-80k members. So a roughly a quick $240-480k for the AFL for nothing.

If your team wins, I presume you get your 6 bucks back, as it gets included in the ticket? If not, then I guess that value they've banked doubles.
I dont think AFL gets a cut here. This is all Ticketek. AFL only gets a cut once the GF tickets are sold.

Rang the club yesterday to see if they're going to book buses to get us there.
Membership guy goes I dunno

:shrug:

Rang the club yesterday to see if they're going to book buses to get us there.
Membership guy goes I dunno

:shrug:
Probably sensible considering that we still have a match to play Friday. Lucky for us, Sydney fans have to go through the same process, so there is no bad Karma of thinking ahead of ourselves.

Kudos to Ticketek for finally coming up with a system that works!
Don't get too excited. All that system did was validate your priority access and put you in a queue for tickets.

Allocation of seats (or standing room only access) to those in that queue will be done automatically by the ticketek system next week for members of the GF teams.

And you will have zero say in where those seats are.

Edit: Oh and btw - Ticketek already had those barcode numbers on their system. They made you log online at 8:30 this morning just to confirm that those numbers belong to you and to grab that $6 service fee from you. And they didn't even say thanks did they? Lazy basterds.

Last edited:
Don't get too excited. All that system did was validate your priority access and put you in a queue for tickets.

Allocation of seats (or standing room only access) to those in that queue will be done automatically by the ticketek system next week for members of the GF teams.

And you will have zero say in where those seats are.

Lets just say, that all the best seats in the stadium are already taken up by corporate freeloaders. We will have access to the flanks, behind the goals and maybe on the wing for the lucky ones.

Not relevant to most here I imagine but the club shouldn't be encouraging P3 members to make a non tax deductible donation to Ticketek, they should make it very clear that the chances of tickets being available to P3 are essentially zero. Arguably misleading and deceptive conduct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back