Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Also cut the number of umpires.
Hopefully that would cut down on the number of different interpretations during the game.
More is not better.

I'm actually fine on there being 4 in premise, this stems from my umpiring mate at VFL level showing a KPI as "you need to run really fast multiple times" as if that has anything do with making correct decisions, having a core aerobic capacity.

If 4 is the number they've set as "these other people are old and buggered", I am fine at that number in isolation as it means less running for the old farts for less fatigue nonsense.

This is why others need to fix the book first for me, as the stupid people amending it can;t be trusted to do so competently and that then screws over the dancing troupe later.

I'm actually fine on there being 4 in premise, this stems from my umpiring mate at VFL level showing a KPI as "you need to run really fast multiple times" as if that has anything do with making correct decisions, having a core aerobic capacity.

If 4 is the number they've set as "these other people are old and buggered", I am fine at that number in isolation as it means less running for the old farts for less fatigue nonsense.

This is why others need to fix the book first for me, as the stupid people amending it can;t be trusted to do so competently and that then screws over the dancing troupe later.

Maybe they wouldn't be so tired if they didn't do the little running backwards ballet maneuver for every ball up after a goal.

Maybe they wouldn't be so tired if they didn't do the little running backwards ballet maneuver for every ball up after a goal.

That's dead time though, clock isn't running. More talking when the clock is running and "I made 16 contests in a third of the ground in 5 mins" sort of umpire then going "my eyes are working properly and I can attest that 40m away that bloke had a hand up the other blokes arse playing a puppet".

No one else would see it, no one else would come to that same conclusion if they did as not physically possible, by the rule book, it'd be acceptable on a rando technicality and Laura would pick it to go 'see mum, it exists, kill the monster" and state it's fine.

Surely ai 🤖 is at the stage now where it can make all the calls and we only need human umpires for ball ups, throw ins and flag waving.
Wouldn’t be that hard to make a flag waving machine either.

Surely ai 🤖 is at the stage now where it can make all the calls and we only need human umpires for ball ups, throw ins and flag waving.
machines could do ball ups / throw ins too - like those smart vacuum cleaners …...

Surely ai is at the stage now where it can make all the calls and we only need human umpires for ball ups, throw ins and flag waving.
Really, now AI has evolved, fans can just create their own football league where their teams always win and real sportspeople will no longer be necessary. Do away with reality completely and create a universe where St Kilda constantly fills us with joy and pride.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really, now AI has evolved, fans can just create their own football league where their teams always win and real sportspeople will no longer be necessary. Do away with reality completely and create a universe where St Kilda constantly fills us with joy and pride.
Cannot wait for that day.
Tease yourself one day where saints come back fro 100 down to win by a point but mostly have them winning by 20 goals.

My team will consist of 10 D Trains 9 Leos and one Caine Ackland.

Can someone explain how Andy Maher has been pulled into this Hawthorn racism saga. I see it mentioned it numerous places but I can’t seem to find what he has said.
If Andy Maher was espousing his viewpoint re: the Hawthorn racism saga and he did this in A Forest while listening to
The Cure and then a tree fell on him and killed him. I ask you this - would anyone have heard that tree fall ? would anyone
be charged with Maher’s murder and finally - would any one gaf ?

If Andy Maher was espousing his viewpoint re: the Hawthorn racism saga and he did this in A Forest while listening to
The Cure and then a tree fell on him and killed him. I ask you this - would anyone have heard that tree fall ? would anyone
be charged with MaRobert her’s murder and finally - would any one gaf ?
Robert Smith needs to be locked away for something, still looking like a Goth in his 60 's, goodness gracious.

Yeah - one ump and while we're at it - AFL teams should only be made up of players who never make mistakes.
It’s not about making mistakes.
Mistakes happen. It’s about not having 4 different interpretations in one game.

Looking forward to tonight's game, reckon the Cats might surprise a few and get up. A few good inclusions for 'em too, Danger, Henry, Tuohy. Friday night at the 'G, gonna be big with the Blues goin' alright, a bit chilly down there tonight no doubt.

Got myself organised this morning and loaded up the slow cooker with some good shit. Smoked pork hock, loads of veg, green split peas, yep the ultimate comfort food Pea & Ham Soup. Slowly ticking away since 10am! 😍

Hello slobfest with a crusty sourdough and footy on the couch 👌

Carn the Cats! 🤪

Jezza been relatively quiet the last few weeks, reckon he's due for a big one. Is Tom Hawkins still up to it? Carlton tall forwards certainly performing better recently, hopefully a close game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back