Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think similar to Ross last year Scott system’d the hell of out of the Cats to start the year but it’s looking like you just can’t compete with a midfield like that. Danger on his last legs and a bunch of no damage mids like ours makes it too hard.

Geelong is cooked that is fact

But fk me if you think the Bluescum are gunna win the flag with soft cnts like Owies Durdin Hollands Williams Fogarty Kennedy Boyd Fantasia

Without the umpires the Scum have no chance
I just did a handshake bet (no money) that Sydney are a shoe in this year.

Check the scores on when Sydney last played Carlton.

Only injuries or an off day at MCG on GF day can stop them this year.

I just did a handshake bet (no money) that Sydney are a shoe in this year.

Check the scores on when Sydney last played Carlton.

Only injuries or an off day at MCG on GF day can stop them this year.
To be fkd if the Blues win a Premiership with this side when we couldn't win one with our 09 10 side .... our 09 10 side would destroy them

Great to see the Cats getting beaten, and I can’t even really bring myself to dislike this Blues side.
I find it very easy B to dislike the Bloos.

In fact.....I find it extremely easy to dislike immensly,any Bloos side.

It's in my DNA.

Yes....I'm bitter.....and a tad twisted !!!!!!

;) ;)

To be fkd if the Blues win a Premiership with this side when we couldn't win one with our 09 10 side .... our 09 10 side would destroy them
They may not be as good as that ‘09 team but they are loaded with talent…..North are showing they’ll be similar too IMO…….Melbourne got a flag………wait I thought bottoming out doesn’t work? Think it only doesn’t work for us.

I think similar to Ross last year Scott system’d the hell of out of the Cats to start the year but it’s looking like you just can’t compete with a midfield like that. Danger on his last legs and a bunch of no damage mids like ours makes it too hard.

They topped up an old side for one more crack in 2022. Got there but now are a really old and messy list. The scary thing for the Cats is that this is pretty much their best side and a very mature one. They lost a few when their youth quota was too high but this is the best they have.

It would be worth picking over their corpse in the off season. I think they'll need to cut hard and start playing kids. Might be a few bridging players available cheap.

They may not be as good as that ‘09 team but they are loaded with talent…..North are showing they’ll be similar too IMO…….Melbourne got a flag………wait I thought bottoming out doesn’t work? Think it only doesn’t work for us.

They bottomed out for about a decade but hitting their first round picks is what got them going in the end. Cripps was pick 13, Curnow 12....their best high picks were Walsh and Weitering. They blew heaps on guys like Dow. They also chased good players on the cheap which helps fast track depth. They aren't a great model but they can certainly help guide how to do it.

They topped up an old side for one more crack in 2022. Got there but now are a really old and messy list. The scary thing for the Cats is that this is pretty much their best side and a very mature one. They lost a few when their youth quota was too high but this is the best they have.

It would be worth picking over their corpse in the off season. I think they'll need to cut hard and start playing kids. Might be a few bridging players available cheap.
How long before Scott cuts and runs to coach the new darling team of the AFL?
It’ll be a repeat of Dimma. Just wait and see.

Hah, I'd make the rules much more clear and get rid of VAR personally. Make it a clear game with minimal danger to players that can be umpired, then get the technology out of it. And ban commentators from whinging about umpiring decisions - I watched the NBA finals and they mention refereeing about once a game, incidentally.

We're on the same page for the most of it - and especially the commentators/media - they're too thick to realise, or the mandate given to them is so twisted, that making such a big deal of every fecking decision is actually exacerbating the problem, not helping! I mean fair enough the rules are there if they're paid one week etc. But the way these guys go on would do you nut in!

About to watch the highlights of that Blues/Cats game, maybe the full first quarter. Literally been travelling all day what a shit-show. Came from the Balkans (electricity was out across several COUNTRIES, temps 36 degrees and rising) to the UK, two flights I cannot explain the shit pushing in-between, not home yet. But really makes you appreciate Australia and Ireland. That sort of heat (still June!) is pretty tough to bear for an middle-aged angry Sainter! Lol.

Gringos I've much respect for the Eastern European types who live through those summers year after year, in sub-standard conditions to be frank. They're hardy. For some reason I find the Australian heat so so much easier to bear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I preface this as I’m not watching the game, but strong performance thus far from the Lions over at Port.

I have the feeling that we’re not as bad as ladder position suggests.

Hopefully this is a dip which we can take advantage of with good drafting haul and continue to push upwards next year.

Port are horrid today. Butters just went off with a shoulder too. I suspect the Saints may have another win next week.

Methinks we're a chance against Port

We did a lot better against Brisbane when we played them away from home than Port are doing against them at home.

Going by that form line we should beat Port next week but it doesn't always work out that way, Port usually lift against us.

I preface this as I’m not watching the game, but strong performance thus far from the Lions over at Port.

I have the feeling that we’re not as bad as ladder position suggests.

Hopefully this is a dip which we can take advantage of with good drafting haul and continue to push upwards next year.
Yeah it's probably a coping mechanism but this isn't too bad as a 'down year' where things don't work out. At this point Sydney and Carlton just look miles ahead of the rest of the comp.

Last year I thought we could possibly do some damage in finals due to Pies being good, but not like amazing and dominant. This year the 5 - 8 placed teams will be literally just making up numbers.

Nick Riewoldt would have kicked about a million goals a season if he was paid the same free kicks the Carlton forwards are. FMD.

The Blues look great but seriously #FreeKickCarlton
Directive from the AFL.
They are the team to win this year.
Said only half in jest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back