Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans panicked. Their ball use was terrible. Delivery inside 50 was shocking. No composure at all. Horse was outcoached and they just panicked. They lost all their swagger too.

When I look back at our season, the Lions gave us an absolute lesson. Just a completely different level.
Brisbane did this to Geelong in the second half last week too. When they get the pace of the game on their terms, they are bloody hard to stop!

Never really had much time for Oscar McInerney though had only really seen when we played the Lions. Always seemed to beat our rucks and looked a bit thuggish in doing so.

But this is pretty special

Well done bloke 👍🏻

Last edited:

After a week of media tying themselves in knots about how the Brownlow is a midfielder award they hand the Norm Smith to the "blonde tips" kid. Starcevich won Brisbane that game in the first 40 mins by cutting off every Sydney attack. It screwed their minds.

Geez I'd love to see coaches votes...
I was at the game and couldn't agree more. Him and Harris Andrews were incredible in the first half.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Never really had much time for Oscar McInerney though had only really seen when we played the Lions. Always seemed to beat our rucks and looked a bit thuggish in doing so.

But this is pretty special

Well done bloke

Bolke was a key part of that side and sadly got cooked before the final game, but he is happy for his teammates goes a long way of building culture.

He is getting an invite to their premiership reunions for life, and he might not have a medal but his team knows that he was a key player.

Exactly. Moorabbin happens regardless.

We get a CEO who had no idea how to build out a football dept.

His first move was to sack pelchen for Jamie cox ffs. That move alone set us back 5 years.
Lol no it ****ing doesnt. Moorabbin redevelopment was a vague concept passed around until Finnis came on board with actual AFL influence and made things actually happen.

And yes, im sure it was the sacking of Pelchen, the man routinely touted around here as an absolute fraud, was the reason we were set back 5 years.

Exactly. Moorabbin happens regardless.

We get a CEO who had no idea how to build out a football dept.

His first move was to sack pelchen for Jamie cox ffs. That move alone set us back 5 years.
When it comes to finances and Moorabbin, I think you should concentrate on other things, you would have very little idea on how it works, how Finnis worked with the AFL and also how he managed the debt that was out of control.
Really need to have some understanding how these things actually work, both financially and the inbred nature of the AFL and football industry.
Summers was a salesman. Like any salesman they can say anything, it take people who know what they are doing on the ground to make it happen. There were at least three levels of beaucracy, followed by another two levels of financials that the average person would know SFA about.

It's cute that some think that redevelopments like this just drop out of the sky like magic. Unfortunately in the real world where it actually needs to get done, there is no magic, just hard work and nous.

The foundations Finnis built allows the club to be in the strong financial position it is working towards under Bassatt.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

When it comes to finances and Moorabbin, I think you should concentrate on other things, you would have very little idea on how it works, how Finnis worked with the AFL and also how he managed the debt that was out of control.
Really need to have some understanding how these things actually work, both financially and the inbred nature of the AFL and football industry.
Summers was a salesman. Like any salesman they can say anything, it take people who know what they are doing on the ground to make it happen. There were at least three levels of beaucracy, followed by another two levels of financials that the average person would know SFA about.

It's cute that some think that redevelopments like this just drop out of the sky like magic. Unfortunately in the real world where it actually needs to get done, there is no magic, just hard work and nous.

The foundations Finnis built allows the club to be in the strong financial position it is working towards under Bassatt.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Finnis turned about $5M of debt into about $50M of facilities. The number of engagements he needed to form into local, state and federal governments to secure funding is amazing. While taking a play cut through covid.
His response to historical criminal issues could not have been handled better.
He did a poor job of being the head of football, but that full time executive role, wasn't his job. We didn't have the money to pay someone to do it. So he did it on top of his actual role as best he could.
How many hours would he have worked a week for St Kilda? Amazing with rate across years, most of us would have no idea of the pressure he would have been under.

He did his own job just about perfectly.

The massive football department we have now is only possible because of Finnis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazed people actually though Sydney could win with a forward line containing Amartey, McDonald and McLean. Lol.

They get carried by their 3 stars more than any other side in the comp. Once Dunkley lined up on Heeney, game was pretty much over.

Finnis turned about $5M of debt into about $50M of facilities. The number of engagements he needed to form into local, state and federal governments to secure funding is amazing. While taking a play cut through covid.
His response to historical criminal issues could not have been handled better.
He did a poor job of being the head of football, but that full time executive role, wasn't his job. We didn't have the money to pay someone to do it. So he did it on top of his actual role as best he could.
How many hours would he have worked a week for St Kilda? Amazing with rate across years, most of us would have no idea of the pressure he would have been under.

He did his own job just about perfectly.

The massive football department we have now is only possible because of Finnis.
It doesn't matter what good things we do, or try to do as a club or as individuals within the club.

Unless it relates to kicking, tackling or running some punter will always pipe up with "should just focus on footy".

Never mind, in Finnis's case, how many people were employed to focus on footy so he could focus on digging us out of the enormous hole we were in.

99 percent of fans could tell you very little of what he did or didn't do anyway. They just see the W/L of that period and say well he must have sucked. How well he did or didn't set us up for future success doesn't enter their mind.

I'm no expert either in these things, but I feel like we're in a better off-field situation than I can remember. I'm grateful to those involved. Hopefully we can turn their efforts into some wins.

In a long list of AFL "bush league" level of ability, putting the losing coach next to the winners rooms for their press conference is next level sh*tness.

Every time you think they can't possibly do something worse they overachieve. I'm bordering on respect that they can out do themselves so often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back