Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane are peaking at the right time. Beating us gave them even more confidence. They are playing today like there is absolutely no tomorrow, running through any player in their way. We were cooked last week. Anyone who thinks we would have done this to Sydney today is dreaming about 22- we are NOT that team.
Besides, it's not over yet.
Are we watching the same game? We don't need to be that Geelong team to beat this Sydney team, they have looked not right for weeks and had Sydney got Brisbane in the PF instead of us they wouldn't have made it past last week.

If we had beaten Brisbane last week it would be closer today but Sydney aren't in a good space and unless we lost all our best players we would still have enough to get it done.

Neither of these teams deserve a flag. Sydney are just pretenders. Brisbane got through because their opposition got reemed by umpiring and injuries. What a shockingly dull end to an otherwise incredible season.
Which team does? These are the best 2. Their bests are the best

Yeah, exactly. Brisbane are built to do this to Sydney - we're not, even at full strength
Makes our season an incredible effort. Still disappointing we lost last week. But no shame to lose to premier team.

We certainly coughed this one up.

If Sydney are the GF chokers (along with Collingwood) we're the prelim chokers, 6 loses with 3 of them we where leading by 20+ points and then got run over.

Could've be another trophy in our cabinet today pretty frustrating.
Correct. But lady luck said no. Too many injuries at the worst possible time sealed our fate.

The remaining Six teams in the 8 giving themselves upper cuts right now.

If swans lose (if 😂, opening me self up here..)
They would've lose their last 4 GF....

cat smoking GIF by sheepfilms

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Are we watching the same game? We don't need to be that Geelong team to beat this Sydney team, they have looked not right for weeks and had Sydney got Brisbane in the PF instead of us they wouldn't have made it past last week.

If we had beaten Brisbane last week it would be closer today but Sydney aren't in a good space and unless we lost all our best players we would still have enough to get it done.
In any case, Brisbane IS meant to be there, so it's a moot point.

Brisbane are peaking at the right time. Beating us gave them even more confidence. They are playing today like there is absolutely no tomorrow, running through any player in their way. We were cooked last week. Anyone who thinks we would have done this to Sydney today is dreaming about 22- we are NOT that team.
Besides, it's not over yet.

Nonsense.

We think. Imagine our boys watching this. We'd have made mince meat of them.
Syders slow as a wet week cant get over their HB.
I think we can get better next season.

We peaked the right time and almost went all the way.

Honestly.. If our current side won a flag, i think it would be the worst midfield in recent history to win a flag...that is saying something about our coaching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The remaining Six teams in the 8 giving themselves upper cuts right now.

If swans lose (if 😂, opening me self up here..)
They would've lose their last 4 GF....

cat smoking GIF by sheepfilms

Mr Bean Reaction GIF
That cat is me + I’m that cat 😹

Darcy Fort.

Brisbane has 11 first round draft picks to the Swans 4. The Swans did not turn up to play today but you can see the difference in class of the players. Also the Swans zone works on the SCG but is useless on the MCG.

Makes our season an incredible effort. Still disappointing we lost last week. But no shame to lose to premier team.
Let's see what Swans throw up. They refused to let GWS win, and they were controlling the game.
Surely, after watching last week, there is a possible comeback. It does go against the Lions trend. I'd be happy to see Lions continue this, but another half to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back