Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Premierships:

Rhys Stanley - 1
Brodie Grundy - 0

Yeah, same with Isaac Smith in 2022. Danger was a solid citizen all game but Isaac bobbed up in spectacular fashion early when it was needed.
Yep, recieivng hard ball gets from Dangerfield, who was lunging off the deck with the ball out of stoppages with sheer will power. I loved Smith's game, but for me, Dangerfield was the reason.

Man that Amartey Party seems to have gone to total and complete shit after he was dragged on 9 goals.

Maybe had they let him kick 10 he would have turned into peak Buddy and would have kicked 7 and had 30 touches today.
Joins the Kyle Reimers club of terrible players to kick a ridiculous number of goals in a single match.

Feel for Sydney supporters. They were classy in defeat when we smashed them in '22. Their captain's speech mentioning Selwood was really lovely. I can't imagine witnessing this twice in three seasons is much fun for them.

And Brisbane had to come from fifth, beat the Giants, and then beat us in an instant classic prelim, so it's hard to begrudge them this flag. I mean, I still will begrudge them this flag, but it's hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is embarrassing shit from Sydney now. I know all grand final losses suck but I'm glad I've never seen my team utterly fisted in a grand final like this. Margin could be 100+ today.
Humiliating stuff.

Feel for Sydney supporters. They were classy in defeat when we smashed them in '22. Their captain's speech mentioning Selwood was really lovely. I can't imagine witnessing this twice in three seasons is much fun for them.

And Brisbane had to come from fifth, beat the Giants, and then beat us in an instant classic prelim, so it's hard to begrudge them this flag. I mean, I still will begrudge them this flag, but it's hard.
Yeah. It really burned them last year, losing like that. They were on a mission and full credit to them.

On the one hand I hate the feeling we bottled a flag here, but on the positive side of things at least the Sydney flogs I work with who were telling me a Swom flag was a formality will be verrrrrry quiet for a while.
I doubt syd will be the 8th over the next few years in all honesty

Mentally shot

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back