Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Every Port Adelaide supporter will be riding the Lions home in this last quarter , like Mick Dittman riding home the Melbourne Cup favourite .
I don't mind Sydney, but loving this performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane in general is an excellent OH marking team- saw it last week, and moreso today.
They like flies on a turd today.

That Stinks Fecal Matter GIF by Luke Alexander

Not sure if it's been said but a Grand Final like this puts into perspective how stupidly ridiculous 119 was. Brisbane have spanked them silly but are still a fair way off.
Margain was out to 128 and we didn't score in the last 10 minutes. Could have reached 140-150 if they were truly trying at that point.

Where does this leave Longmire as Sydney's coach?

They won the premiership in his second season, have played in a further 4 grand finals - comprehensively beaten in 3 of them, and while they lead at halftime against the Bulldogs, the eventual premiers looked pretty comfortable in the last

It's a little Ross Lyon like in that he can get his team to the "Big Dance", but now struggling to get them over the line

Coached north ...

Denis Pagan played 120 games for the North Melbourne Football Club between 1967 and 1974 according to his Wikipedia page.

Fagen will be the only coach to win a premiership who's never played at AFL level.

Where does this leave Longmire as Sydney's coach?

They won the premiership in his second season, have played in a further 4 grand finals - comprehensively beaten in 3 of them, and while they lead at halftime against the Bulldogs, the eventual premiers looked pretty comfortable in the last

It's a little Ross Lyon like in that he can get his team to the "Big Dance", but now struggling to get them over the line

Record is similar to Scott's, just without the second premiership.

Denis Pagan played 120 games for the North Melbourne Football Club between 1967 and 1974 according to his Wikipedia page.
Ok. I'll believe you.
I'm not that old to know .

I was making a silly joke

Please keep important fact out of it 😜

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back