Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely happy for Darcy Fort today

Lol. Brisbane are smashing them. We don't need to smash them to win a flag. Just win.

Brisbane have Neale, McCluggage, Dunkley, Ashcroft, Berry in the middle... the same guys that smashed us last week after Holmes went off.

We have known all year our midfield was a significant weakness and we needed everything to go right to be a shot. Losing Holmes was literally worst case scenario stuff especially after he was BOG in the QF and BOG to half time.

Game over if Hipwood is doing that
Its like when he put that early goal in against us. You just knew they would shithouse a win.

I actually thought it would be a "bad Eric" day because he had time and space for a snap and it didn't score and got a lucky bounce to stay in.
Next quarter and he is hitting goals from deep in the pocket on the wrong angle for a left footer off 2 steps.

I think Grundy, Fox, Lloyd, & Rampe are playing the best for the Swans so far.

For Brisbane, Ah Chee, Lohman, Ashcroft, Berry, Dunkley, Daniher, McLuggage, and Neale are tearing it up. And that's why the Lions are winning.

The Swan's big three midfielders need to seriously lift in the second half.

I've never hear the link.
I called 2 months ago when he met with Pike.

Someone called me an idiot here.

I read something in the the last 48 hours that "WCE had hoped to name their new coach before the GF but they've since decided to delay the announcement", and it seemed to reignite speculation that of Longmire being linked to them which is why they delayed it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You take underdone players into a GF and it gets you. Swans looked shaky late in the season due to injuries and I don't think their playing list was as healthy as you think. I know all teams have injuries but I wonder if Sydney were in worse shape than we think.
Either that or their first half of the season form was an over performance.
It really explains why they barely got over a rabble of a Port team at home.

Its why a lot of us are really disappointed with last weeks loss, Sydney weren't the guarantee people in the media weirdly had them as.
Brisbane are peaking at the right time. Beating us gave them even more confidence. They are playing today like there is absolutely no tomorrow, running through any player in their way. We were cooked last week. Anyone who thinks we would have done this to Sydney today is dreaming about 22- we are NOT that team.
Besides, it's not over yet.

I read something in the the last 48 hours that "WCE had hoped to name their new coach before the GF but they've since decided to delay the announcement", and it seemed to reignite speculation that of Longmire being linked to them which is why they delayed it
Longmire will struggle without the massive benefits of the sydney academy pumping elite talent in.

Honestly, i think he will get shown up as just an average coach if he goes there

What the f*ck is Canada Club Dry and why does it think it's better than beer?
🤷🏻‍♀️ NFI
Label is so bland, not remotely enticing
I thought it was like Clayton’s, but it’s trying to replace beer?

Losing sucks, but it's better when you lose to a dominant, eventual, premier.

Exactly this

I'm not watching the match, but there sounds a lot of "what ifs" - there's no guarantees we'd be doing to Sydney what Brisbane seem to be doing

Really shouldn't feel shame in losing to the premiers

Exactly this

I'm not watching the match, but there sounds a lot of "what ifs" - there's no guarantees we'd be doing to Sydney what Brisbane seem to be doing

Really shouldn't feel shame in losing to the premiers
Yeah, exactly. Brisbane are built to do this to Sydney - we're not, even at full strength

Really makes me wonder if the real GF was last week between geelong brisbane.

I have no doubt we would have knocked over this sydney unit

We think. Imagine our boys watching this. We'd have made mince meat of them.
Syders slow as a wet week cant get over their HB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back