Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope what we have thrown away burns our players for a long time as some of them might never get another flag. Hopefully next year we atone.

I hope they get rid of the pre finals bye

Me too it really negates the advantage of being a top 2 team. Just heavily fine or penalise clubs that rest players instead.

Biggest regret- why did we let Darcy Fort go?
I seriously can't recall.
But on a truly serious note, he did well, and rapt for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Colliwobbles happened 40 years ago. That's not the modern era I was talking about.
Colliwobbles are eternal. They wobbled in 2010 when they snagged a draw against the Saints. They wobbled in 2011, they wobbled in 2018 and they wobbled last year and got lucky the umpire bailed them out late against an average Brisbane team.

It might have started 40 years ago, but the wobbles will never end.

Two big achievements for Ashcroft: winning the Norm Smith and going through puberty in front of an audience of millions. His voice broke like five times in that speech and he looked highly confused as to what was happening.

Feel for Charlie Cameron. He had to take all his marks in the field of play today

As I kept saying ..Have not played at the G since round 7.
Yup in retrospect their late season loss to the Pies, full house under insane finals pressure at the MCG helped them with dealing with it in the PF and had them prepared for today. None of their players looked bothered at all.
The only thing they didn't do early was kick goals, and thats pretty normal for Brisbane this season.

Meanwhile the Swoms made all sorts of uncharacteristic mistakes.

It also goes to show that Swomball (they lost so many first quarters this season) is the worst thing to have in finals when scoreboard pressure is king, especially in a GF.

Eric Hipwood joining the long list of "holy **** HE won a flag?"

Still better him than Papley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back