List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It all sounds a bit like cat and mouse.

We're just waiting for one of those players to state their intentions.
So I would suggest Pez is gone… he can’t say that until both teams seasons are done.
As his would be the biggest of the three deals, that money could be re-allocated towards Peatling and Cumming.

SEN’s Sam Edmund has provided an update on three out-of-contract Giants ahead of their Semi-Final clash with Brisbane.

“I want to start with Harry Perryman, he’s the unrestricted free agent of the Giants,” Edmund told SEN’s Whateley. I would say now, he his highly likely, if not certain to leave GWS according to two sources I’ve spoken to this morning. This has been in the air for several months; I think you can now say he’s got his head around leaving as we sit here this morning. Destination unknown, he’s got what the Giants hope is three big games ahead of him first and foremost."

“Port Adelaide are being seen to be front of the queue for a long time, Hawks have also been at the table, I think we can mention Collingwood as a club that was in the mix for him as well. The Giants have got a six-year offer in front of Perryman who is in his mid-twenties, they are of the belief that they are being priced out by almost every rival that has expressed an interest. As we've always said, if he does stay, it’s through a pure love for the club.”

Isaac Cumming is the same, I’m less sure on where he’s sitting with the wrestle as he hasn’t resigned of course, being chased by Adelaide,” Edmund continued. The Giants have offered four years; they won’t go any further than that for a player that has had some injuries down the years and some tendon injuries at that. Their offer isn’t the best out there for him either.”

After a breakout season for James Peatling, the utility has attracted several clubs across the AFL, with stocks continuing to rise throughout the September campaign. “While we are on the Giants, James Peatling has been linked to just about everyone, St Kilda, Collingwood, North Melbourne and others,” Edmund reported. "He has an improved offer on the table from GWS but he’s still wrestling with that, he has popped this year and what happens is, you give a contract where you think the player is at, a modest offer, and then he pops, the interest comes, you provide the improved offer but by then, as we’ve seen the cat is out of the bag. There’s a number of clubs interested in James Peatling on both sides of the country, so still a decision to make for him as well.”

Did we ever find out how much Sam Taylor is on per year? He must've had some massive offers from rival clubs.

Did we ever find out how much Sam Taylor is on per year? He must've had some massive offers from rival clubs.

The Green Room pod had a bit of a chat on this. Tom pretty much said, none of players ever discuss this kind of stuff. The HS had the rich 100 list recently and he said the figure quoted for him was incorrect.

The Green Room pod had a bit of a chat on this. Tom pretty much said, none of players ever discuss this kind of stuff. The HS had the rich 100 list recently and he said the figure quoted for him was incorrect.
Yeah have heard the same thing mentioned by lots of players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He says his intent is to re-sign

Probably premature until the contract is signed but so happy to hear :D

Happy Wall Street GIF by Imagine Dragons

he didnt say it was incorrect, he said they are ball park estimates. I actually got the impression his was fairly accurate based on his reaction.

In league at various stages Ive been privy to many player incomes and it is fair to say what was reported is not very accurate. You only have to add up reported incomes in comparison to salary cap to realise that they are exagerated.

Happy to be wrong but safe to say both Pez and Cumming are gone. But apparently we have once again upped our offer to Peatling so hopefully we at least hold on to him and maintain that local centre bounce crew of Briggs, Green and Peatling.
They may well go, but there is a lot of stuff that goes into these things, until things are confirmed either way, you never really no.
I think that from what we have heard, there is enough info to indicate that Pez will probably go. Much less clear on on Cumming where there seems to be genuine indecision. (probably related to what happens with Perryman)
Recently it is looking like Peatman is staying, but again, until it is confirmed, you never know.

Happy to double down on both statements
the implication was that Ward wouldn't be playing for the Giants next year. He clearly is.

You are probably right that he is making provisions to move back to Vic once he has finished and seem to have some inside knowledge here, but that is completely irrelevant to these conversations.

He has announced he is playing on, so for the purposes of these conversations, you were wrong.

Cumming may very well go to Adelaide, however until it is officially announced it is speculation (with varying degrees of information).

Cumming may very well go to Adelaide, however until it is officially announced it is speculation (with varying degrees of information).
Isaac could just be splitting his time between Adelaide and Sydney. :D

the implication was that Ward wouldn't be playing for the Giants next year. He clearly is.

You are probably right that he is making provisions to move back to Vic once he has finished and seem to have some inside knowledge here, but that is completely irrelevant to these conversations.

He has announced he is playing on, so for the purposes of these conversations, you were wrong.

you are correct that I thought that he would not play on next year. Living between Melbourne and Sydney and playing a professional sport will be interesting. I guess a couple of the coaches are doing it so it’s possible.

you are correct that I thought that he would not play on next year. Living between Melbourne and Sydney and playing a professional sport will be interesting. I guess a couple of the coaches are doing it so it’s possible.
Professional athletes and professional people in jobs do this around the world all the time. The fact we have a bunch of entitled and protected babies in the AFL doesn’t mean it’s not doable.

Ward is the ultimate professional and can handle anything on his ear.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back