List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

The sell of going Off Broadway I can see being a nice change of pace for Stringer.
The Hogan story has done wonders for us in that regard. Bit different? Not into all the hype and fuss...come to the Giants.

Shiel I think always loved it at the Giants and I think would thrive again.
Agreed.

But I do wonder if they’ll get it over the line or a smaller vic club comes a knocking meaning they don’t have to move families…

Edit. Changing your name?

I don’t get the interest in Stringer. Where is he going to play? Whose spot is he taking? Our forward line is pretty well stocked to the point Bedford had to become a tagger to keep his spot.

I just don’t get where he fits in.
If he’s not expensive it provides another threat forward …. We are sure to have an injury at some point

PheonixRisingGotHard
noah reid yes GIF by CBC

Could we see Ricca moved on?
Possibly, but more likely he might decide to move on if he sees less opportunity.

I guess a "what if" would be, "what if Lions came calling, after Joe's sudden retirement?"

The problem would be trade price versus them needing points for their father son and academy.

If Stringer is keeping McMullin out of the side then I’m not sure I like it.
I’ve always thought he needs to lose 5kgs to play better footy for longer.
I don’t think he suits our gamestyle either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised. He won't be happy that a guy who genuinely can't kick goals was picked ahead of him as a KPF in the finals.
To be fair none of our blokes should be offended, considering our kicking ability in the finals.

Ricca has had plenty of opportunity, if Stringer performs at a better level then so be it.

Sheens got another year at the gig, pissed him off supposedly and we ended up with Leon.
I liked Mark Williams. Even if he was pissed off, his logical move should have been to wait another year and then be head coach? Sliding door moment, but think if we had Williams instead of Leon, we would have won our inaugural premiership already. Oh well….

To be fair none of our blokes should be offended, considering our kicking ability in the finals.

Ricca has had plenty of opportunity, if Stringer performs at a better level then so be it.
Well, Ricca didn't play finals, so wasn't at fault! He might take umbrage at being blamed.

I don’t think he suits our gamestyle either.
He's a low risk investment though. If he's a bust, does it matter? We already have two of the top 10 goal kickers in the league and a 20 year old who looks like he might kick 40 or 50 next year on current trajectory.

On the flipside, if it works, then it just means we don't have Keeffe or Riccardi out there instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back