Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you watch the game yesterday?
CJ is getting better each game which makes sense after so long out.

Mackenzie to fit back in and if McCabe gets a full pre season he will be ready to play.

Pretty rough how much his one turn over was highlighted given the conditions, he was really good and busy all game and involved in lots of chains in both attack and defence. I don't think he is any risk of being dropped, rather think we look potent with him on the wing.

As good as we were yesterday I still found myself lamenting our hardworking midfields lack of quality by foot going inside 50. Especially in the first quarter.

I think any mids we bring in need to be elite by foot. Wiz and Calsher need some silver service and more "easy" goals.

Ward, Day, Moore and D'Ambrosio were sure by foot.

But Newcombe, Worpel and Nash struggled a bit, though the conditions were a huge factor in that.

Mackenzie is hopefully the guy that will add that class and silver service by foot.

Ward, Day, Moore and D'Ambrosio were sure by foot.

But Newcombe, Worpel and Nash struggled a bit, though the conditions were a huge factor in that.

Mackenzie is hopefully the guy that will add that class and silver service by foot.
Yeah Mackenzie has shown he can hit lead ups. If he comes on it will certainly make a difference.
I don't rate Days hit up kicking as highly as others. Hopefully he has some improvement in him still.

Of our starting midfield yesterday inc. Wings I'd only class Massimo as elite by foot.

No I missed the game, what happened?

I thought CJ finished the game strongly, though his first half was bad. He doesn't deserve to be dropped based on his he finished, no one does - but if we are talking hypotheticals here and who could potentially make way as part of a re-shuffle then he'd be at the top of the list (as it stands, but if he gets back to his best then he's probably untouchable).

With Mackenzie coming back and with Ward and Breust playing really well spots are really tight. Mitchell is playing a level above the standard at VFL too.
We played ok

Sorry

I'm wondering, with the season Serong is putting together, and the fact we'll have Blanck back next year, do we need Battle?? I mean, I like Battle and i think he'd be a great acquisition, but could we throw out cash elsewhere??

Where else can we throw it? It's Smith and/or Battle really.

Unless someone unexpected is looking for a move?

As good as we were yesterday I still found myself lamenting our hardworking midfields lack of quality by foot going inside 50. Especially in the first quarter.

I think any mids we bring in need to be elite by foot. Wiz and Calsher need some silver service and more "easy" goals.
It was soaking wet.

Worpel and Moore are both top 10 for goal assists. Will Day and Newc both top 10 in the league for kicking efficiency of players with over a 40% contested possession rate. There were so many more goals that went begging from dropped marks because of how wet the game is than anything else.

Agree that good skills would be great for any midfielder but would suggest that having an 18 year old raw key forward and a 32 year old who has lost a significant amount of pace as key targets this season has been a much bigger issue.

Where else can we throw it? It's Smith and/or Battle really.

Unless someone unexpected is looking for a move?
Yeah I did think that, and it's probably only Smith or Perryman (who doesn't excite me too much), unless we can encourage someone who we aren't expecting. Just wonder if someone like Serong can't do a similar role to Battle next year (granted, dominating VFL isn't the same as being a strong consistant AFL footballer).

🤣🤣🤣 I hope you are right and Bailey makes his way to our Hawks.

* Smiths instagram post about losing football has made him miss game and appreciative of his opportunity. Left me thinking he could stay a doggies player.
Appreciative of his opportunity to join Hawthorn

McCabe is exciting but is skinny and hasn’t played a game. DGB is a long shot at best. Frost has had a great year but he’s 30. We’ve had Weddle playing key defence at times and his highest and best use will be elsewhere I reckon. And we need Sicily free as much as possible. Battle is a great target but another tall down back would be good
We need another quality KPD. However, don’t forget Blank, Battle and McCabe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports say he is in our NGA, all comes down to AFL approval. I am sure we will enquire about it. Hence my “If we get”.
I thought the same but once you look further into the NGA rules I don't he qualifies under the part 2 of the NGA qualification rules but I'm happy to proven wrong. Brazil is not one of the NGA countries so yeah a bid to have priority access to him as an NGA will be denied :-(

I enjoy your work Plats, but did Battle spill your drink recently? I get the price of pints these days is obscene but let it go!
Happy to have him for $3.5 mill over 5 years (with incentives to push it up) and let him earn his spot.

$5 mill plus over 6 years and he will be put in the team regardless of form and how he fits in.

Happy to have him for $3.5 mill over 5 years (with incentives to push it up) and let him earn his spot.

$5 mill plus over 6 years and he will be put in the team regardless of form and how he fits in.

I reckon our recruiting team deserves more respect than you have for them, they aren’t chucking money at Tyrone Vickery types anymore - Battle immediately improves our team.

Not a solid itk or a rumour as I would make mention if it were but, listening to Rob McCartney the other day, he seemed very intent on adding a kpd type and a kpf into this side. Now, the defender is obviously battle but I really would love to lure the King brother from GC! He'd prosper at the Hawks, playing in front of big crowds, rivalries, finals bound and plenty of goal kicking options around him to take off the pressure!! Hawks move the ball pretty much quicker than anyone which would suit him to a tee. I'd give two firsts for him and not worry about a kpf for a long time. Just a thought.

Those querying Raynor go watch his game against the Swans yesterday. Exactly what we need and we won't have to give up two firsts, just cap space next season.

I reckon Sam will know how to get consistent output from him.

Those querying Raynor go watch his game against the Swans yesterday. Exactly what we need and we won't have to give up two firsts, just cap space next season.

He needs to shed some kgs first. I wouldn’t want to be behind him in the line for the Bain Marie. I fear I’d go hungry.

I reckon his type and output would improve us, especially as Breust is about to finish up this/next season.
But what would it cost?
A pick in the 20s? 30s?

I'd say yes, but the Lions would probably want something much better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back