Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

McCabe is 197cm. We don't need anymore.
Also have Denver at 195cm and Battle coming in at 193cm.

We need an explosive mid.
McCabe is exciting but is skinny and hasn’t played a game. DGB is a long shot at best. Frost has had a great year but he’s 30. We’ve had Weddle playing key defence at times and his highest and best use will be elsewhere I reckon. And we need Sicily free as much as possible. Battle is a great target but another tall down back would be good

Before anybody gets annoyed at ITK's sharing information from family members, I was also told last year by a member of Charlie Spargo's family that he was going to request a trade to North Melbourne and that never even got off the ground as a rumour in the media anywhere. And obviously it never happened.

Things change or people are fed the wrong info all the time.

McCabe is exciting but is skinny and hasn’t played a game. DGB is a long shot at best. Frost has had a great year but he’s 30. We’ve had Weddle playing key defence at times and his highest and best use will be elsewhere I reckon. And we need Sicily free as much as possible. Battle is a great target but another tall down back would be good
30 is the new 26 these days to be honest.

Honestly not sure Blanck would be getting a game over Frosty at the minute but he's still a solid option and at worst an AFL-ready KPD that will do a solid job most weeks. Easy to forget about him but given Frost's form and McCabe coming through our defensive stocks aren't looking as dire as they were this time last year.

Add Battle and I'm not convinced we need to target KPDs unless an elite one comes onto the market. Think a KPF (dunno who) and another dual-position mid (Perryman, Smith) should be the targets

In an ideal world we would love a Harris Andrews but it is not an urgent/short term need with Frost playing so well and Blanck to return. We have so many other weapons down back we can cover not having a superstar key defender. Battle and 2 picks inside the top 25 will keep the rebuild humming along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jai Serong seems to be a bit of a forgotten man. His game seems to keep improving from what I have seen of him at BH. I am very positive about him if he keeps playing the way he does.

Jai Serong seems to be a bit of a forgotten man. His game seems to keep improving from what I have seen of him at BH. I am very positive about him if he keeps playing the way he does.

Where / when will he play? Battle would come straight in and play the exact same role ahead of him. He's seemingly too good for VFL level, but won't get into this current side. Never mind with the addition of Battle.

Will Battle get a game if we are fully fit?

Yeah I think so. Not sure who drops out though, I imagine there will be a reshuffle with Weddle to a wing and CJ (based on current form) out. Though we lose some running power.

Given the fact we are seemingly throwing big cash at him he would absolutely be coming straight into the team.

I think Baz management wants no one to know where he is heading lmao.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he stayed at the dogs to be honest.
No player is announcing anything before their current team is done for the year.

Where / when will he play? Battle would come straight in and play the exact same role ahead of him. He's seemingly too good for VFL level, but won't get into this current side. Never mind with the addition of Battle.

He'll get his chance if he is playing well. Could be some shuffling next season given the versatility of the team. My immediate thinking is Weddle moves to midfield or wing or centre half forward. Why not. That's where #23 belongs. There is also the age question over Frost and even Sicily. So I think Sam Mitchell needs to think about those things. Anyway, I don't want to get involved in playing chess but there are many moving pieces and every season brings something different.

Yeah I think so. Not sure who drops out though, I imagine there will be a reshuffle with Weddle to a wing and CJ (based on current form) out. Though we lose some running power.

Given the fact we are seemingly throwing big cash at him he would absolutely be coming straight into the team.
Did you watch the game yesterday?
CJ is getting better each game which makes sense after so long out.

Mackenzie to fit back in and if McCabe gets a full pre season he will be ready to play.

Last edited:
Did you watch the game yesterday?
CJ is getting better each game which makes sense after so long out.

Mackenzie to fit back in and if McCabe gets a full pre season he will be ready to play.

No I missed the game, what happened?

I thought CJ finished the game strongly, though his first half was bad. He doesn't deserve to be dropped based on how well he finished, no one does - but if we are talking hypotheticals here and who could potentially make way as part of a re-shuffle then he'd be at the top of the list (as it stands, but if he gets back to his best then he's probably untouchable).

With Mackenzie coming back and with Ward and Breust playing really well spots are really tight. Mitchell is playing a level above the standard at VFL too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back