Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well now. That’s a lot more interesting. Would think they would be looking for a decent pick and a player or 2. Certainly DGB would have to be steak knives and would make total sense for him to go home with Barrass out and McGovern near the end. Depending on the pick would think they would ask again as I believe they did re the Harley offer for one of Ward or Mackenzie but can’t see us entertaining that. Fascinating what our offer would look like and what impact re Battle.

Staring George Costanza GIF

If Ryan Burton of all people can destroy Walker in his prime why the hell would we entertain getting the washed up version?
The very same Ryan Burton port are shopping around this year.

whilst only speculation, you'd wonder if the sudden interest in Barrass might mean a negative answer from Battle.
we could trade WCE a player with a similar, but longer name, so they wouldn't have to change the team sheets much.

whilst only speculation, you'd wonder if the sudden interest in Barrass might mean a negative answer from Battle.
we could trade WCE a player with a similar, but longer name, so they wouldn't have to change the team sheets much.
We could get both. Either way, Barrass is twice the defender Battle is and a genuine KPP. This is the first name in the trade period that I'm genuinely excited about.

Barrass is a genuine KPD. This is the Brian Lake move

Pass on Barrass. This draft is a deep one at the top end and we'd be using our first round pick to acquire him.
Yeah, who wants to try for a flag when we might be passing up a draft pick! 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, who wants to try for a flag when we might be passing up a draft pick! 😂

I still have PTSD from 2018.

This list is at a very different point and I'm aware of that, but I'd be quite comfortable heading into 2025 with a fit Blanck, Frost and developing McCabe surrounded by (hopefully) Battle, Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle.

That unit PLUS a first round draft pick tickles my fancy more than trading for Barass.

I do rate the man, and I'll back Sam and Mark, but happy to miss out in this instance if I'm honest.

I still have PTSD from 2018.

This list is at a very different point and I'm aware of that, but I'd be quite comfortable heading into 2025 with a fit Blanck, Frost and developing McCabe surrounded by (hopefully) Battle, Sicily, Scrimshaw and Weddle.

That unit PLUS a first round draft pick tickles my fancy more than trading for Barass.

I do rate the man, and I'll back Sam and Mark, but happy to miss out in this instance if I'm honest.
He automatically becomes our best defender.

Battle joining on top of that and we are premiership ready in an instant because all of a sudden Sicily and Weddle move up the ground and our best 22 looks even scarier.

A backline of Barass, Scrimshaw, Battle, Impey and Hardwick is going to smash it.

If it’s a chance to happen, get it done.

He automatically become our best defender.

Battle joining on top of that are we are premiership ready in an instant because all of a sudden Sicily and Weddle move up the ground and our best 22 looks even scarier.

A backline of Barass, Scrimshaw, Battle, Impey and Hardwick is going to smash it.

If it’s a chance to happen, get it done.

I don't disagree, I just see the upside in the current group with the addition of another first round kid at the same time.

We've got more than enough young talent on our list to sacrifice this year's draft picks for an established star like Barrass.

As others have stated, adding Battle and Barrass to our current line-up makes us scary good with flexibility. Now is the time to start dangling the carrot whilst we're an attractive destination club again.

Geez replacing Frost having a career best year with a player turning 29 with a dodgy back and probably giving up our 1st draft pick! Was hoping we would continue to set ourselves up for long term success instead of quick fixes. Unlike Frost, Barass is useless when the ball hits the ground. Fabulous aerialist Barass but at his age I hope this rumour is BS.

Geez replacing Frost having a career best year with a player turning 29 with a dodgy back and probably giving up our 1st draft pick! Was hoping we would continue to set ourselves up for long term success instead of quick fixes. Unlike Frost, Barass is useless when the ball hits the ground. Fabulous aerialist Barass but at his age I hope this rumour is BS.
I would completely have to disagree with you mate. Who said this can't work?

Hardwick moves forward.

Impey Frost Scrimshaw
Battle Barass Sicily

You could even play Sicily deep forward next season (replacing Lewis for 12 months) along with Dear and Chol.

Barass would be a great get, hopefully he sick of getting pounded week after week, add in Battle and this would free up Weddle to the mid field. Exciting stuff.

Chasing Barass must mean Bazlinga is off to sleepy hollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back