Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually Free Agents wait till after we win the grand final.
True but he's going to demand the trade go through on the Monday after round 24 to get used to his team mates before finals

This thread wouldn't be the same if someone didn't suggest we are getting one of the King brothers each year.
Yep, we're trading Breust for one of them/

Before Curnow went down he and McKay were having some influence in the first quarter on Sunday. Hogan made us look silly at times against. The Crows came into our defensive 50 at east in the first quarter of our game a few weeks back. The Geelong game we were completely overwhelmed defensively. Sure, all teams have moments where oppositions get over the top of them defensively so these aren't compelling reasons alone - but there are still signs that we need improvement down back. Frost/Sicily are working well together but they aren't always reliable against a monster forward who is getting good supply.

Our defence was 90% of the way there and good enough to be a kick away from a grand final in 2011 and a couple of kicks away from a flag in 2012. Brian Lake still made us so much better - and getting Frawley in 2015 sure as hell didn't hurt either.

Barrass allows others to get freed up. Namely Sicily to focus more on intercepting and feeding the midfield and Weddle to roam the ground. Blanck we all hope becomes a dominant AFL level KPD - but I still think that's not close to a guarantee despite his prospective talent. So getting Barrass is a sure thing for adding a quality tall defender, in addition to possibly helping Blanck's development via mentoring also.

Why get Battle as well? For mine - age profile. He's a few years younger than both Sicily and Frost so provides some future proofing for when those two depart down the line.
Curnow played 49% game time for two touches.

Would we do norths 2nd and a F2 for Lewis. I reckon north would do that. Probably the equivalent value of a mid first. I’m less optimistic about him than I was 12 months ago though I think id still prefer to keep him assuming he wants to stay.
I feel like this doesn't need to be said again but Lewis was one of the players who drove the switch to Sam Mitchell, I reckon there's 16 other clubs he'd rather be traded to if it were to happen.

Barrass has had 39 goals kicked on him this year and lost 1 in 3 one on one contests.

You seem hell bent on not recruiting Barrass or Battle, which is fine we can all have opinions. So I’ll ask this, which attainable defenders would you target this off-season?

You seem hell bent on not recruiting Barrass or Battle, which is fine we can all have opinions. So I’ll ask this, which attainable defenders would you target this off-season?
I don’t think it is the targets that are the issue, but he comes across as a bloke that would have correct change for every purchase he’s ever made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone that doesn’t know what this means. Petracca has just followed Roughead on instagram.
How do you know it's a recent follow? I'd have assumed they'd been following each other for years. Both high profile players at the same time. Petracca even trained with us before he was drafted.

Barrass has had 39 goals kicked on him this year and lost 1 in 3 one on one contests.
Quality of ball that is going into their defence because their mids don't put any pressure on the delivery is a big factor in that.
Barrass is a gun, the best available key defender and exactly what we need.

Just announced CJ signed a 3 year extension so very remote……

McKenzie - why?

And to also question (and this is my view)

Ward - why? In and out of the side doesn’t mean much. He bleeds hawthorn.

Reeves - ok get it as Ramma is coming through and Tucker needs more time.

Morrison - looks like he is getting to 100.

Serong - his time will come. He has shown enough

DGB - ship him to WC as part of the Barass deal.

Phillips - I think he gets chopped at the end of the year

O’Sullivan - also think he gets chopped.

Got a sneaking suspicion Chad retires and Stephens gets another year as a rookie.

Bennetts - either gets another year as a rookie or gets upgraded.

Respectfully, Stephens will be the first one delisted and probably the only genuine sure-thing delisting aside from Phillips.

I don't think it's a good idea to give up on Mitch just yet. I'm a big believer in that his body has been all out of whack since he sprained his ACL (left knee) in the 2023 preseason. The season prior he had put together a decent amount of games and was looking like our future KPF.

Then last season after missing the first 6 games played 15 games but I do recall there was a game somewhere in there where he slid forward for a mark and bashed his knee into the turf and I think that is the game where he damaged some cartilage in his knee. I'm pretty sure that ended his 2023 season as we decided to wrap him in cotton wool.

This season he played rounds 1, 2 + 3 and then didn't return again until round 17 against the Cats where he unluckily + awkwardly ruptured the ACL in his left knee the same one with the cartilage issue.

For a long time now I couldn't piece together if all his knee troubles were to the same knee until I read this article
which pretty much confirms it https://archive.is/4TgEk

Now going back to the 2023 preseason where he sprained the same ACL our medicos said that he didn't require a reconstruction and that the ligament was stable but there has obviously been lingering cartilage issues from the initial sprain that has likely caused stability issues in the knee. And like you say when he returned this season he has looked slow and proppy and not the same Mitch Lewis that loves to work his way all the way up to the wing / HBF and then back again.

It might sound harsh but I truly believe that him rupturing the ligament might actually have been the best thing because they would've then been able to go into it and clean everything out that they need to. Also with trying to doubt our medicos too much I'm not 100% sure that the ligament was as stable as they stated and that is the reason why I think it was best that it ruptured and now a new ligament in there and the knee capsule cleaned out.

I truely believe that Mitch is going to surprise a lot in here that have given up on him but I haven't.
Thank you - that's the best post I've read for a while.

Because the last follow is listed at the top.
I just checked and he was no where near the top on mine and I found a couple of those other names in your screenshot well before him.

Because the last follow is listed at the top.

I think that’s only the case when you can view the full list and there’s no mutual follows. Being that it’s a selection it won’t give you an indication.

Aidan Corr who I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole has lost 17.8% - there's more to a player's game than 1:1s lost. Do you know the best way to have a REALLY good defensive 1:1 loss rate? Just don't contest. Let your opponent take it uncontested, no stat against that.

West Coast play a very loose zone defense, if he's ever losing a 1:1 it's generally from trying to make a contest from a fair way off. He's 2nd in the league for intercept marks, equal 4th for spoils and one percenters. All you need to do is watch him and you'll be happy he wants the Hawks.

As for the goals against, he's played pretty much every game for a club that has given up 300ish goals. Even the best defenders in shit sides will have horrendous amounts of score directly against them.

I think that’s only the case when you can view the full list and there’s no mutual follows. Being that it’s a selection it won’t give you an indication.
Nah it’s definitely recent followers. What your describing is true when you have a lowish amount of followers but for people with like 50k plus it’s recents at the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back