Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think he gets offered a new contract with the hawks though? Feel like he's fallen out of the pecking order, Serong & even maybe Phillips and McCabe ahead of him getting a game.

Sam loves Denver.

Sam thinks Denver is part of our long term plans.

I'm backing in Sam and his teams talent identification. They won't always get it right but they've been more right than wrong so far.

Most of those moves you listed are when the list manager is actually allowed to do his job uninterrupted and without too much input from others. I'd assume the buy high moves were ones like the JOM or Chad trades which at the time Wrighty would've been under huge pressure to get done.

Port has always been difficult to trade with. A lot like Essendon. Their mindset is that they have to look like they have won.
So they then publicly leaked that Burton was going to be a part of the trade, forcing our hand to include Burton in part of that trade. I highly suspect they did the same back in 2009 with us trading for Silk. Where reports that Campbell Brown was going to be a part of that trade, which was quickly refuted by Hawthorn, Port how ever kept claiming his name was in discussion. As a result we lost Brown to the Suns the following year, as he was still disgruntled over the reports the previous year.

Gold Coast with JOM, was really being driven by their ex President, who was going on radio and acting like a toddler having a massive tantrum, because one of his favourite toys were being taken off them. Even to the point that the president over ruled his list manage by rejecting a deal that was very fair and reasonable. The end result was we then had to include a third club in a different trade to meet the demands. The third club was the one who benefitted most. The club that really suffered was Gold Coast.

I think Mark MacKenzie and Sam will have a more pragmatic approach than their predecessor’s where they will walk away if they have to.

I don't want to trade Ward, but the premise that Richmond might have some excess good picks that could be used on our young depth (think Serong or Mitchell) is interesting. Depends what they get for the guys that want out I guess, and how many list spots they'll have free.

The stronger teams have long exploited the crap teams by trading out depth for good picks.

Richmond - CCJ to North for pick 19.
Dylan Stephens to North for North's end of first round PP this season (should be around pick 20?).
Zac Fisher to North for pick 25.

We've fleeced them for Kosi already. I'm sure we can squeeze some value out of them if one of our players wanted to go.

I don't want to trade Ward, but the premise that Richmond might have some excess good picks that could be used on our young depth (think Serong or Mitchell) is interesting. Depends what they get for the guys that want out I guess, and how many list spots they'll have free.

I want to hang onto Ward also, would have loved for him to have been given a consistant block of games this year, going in and out of the team doesn't do him much good. Had we not been in contention for finals, I think we would have seen a lot more of him in the side.

If Richmond do end up with 5+ First rounders, they are surely going to want to target some young ready to go talent. Rather than spending it all on the draft.

"They are also waiting on Josh Battle to tell them whether he wants to continue with the club or accept an offer to join the Hawks, with the 25-year-old to take a break before finalising his decision."

But, what if that coffee had made a commitment to your mouth only. Out of 17 other mouths it wants yours and yours only. And, you (very much thankful to the coffee for choosing your mouth) have made a verbal commitment to this coffee. Because this coffee is the last piece of your morning routine that will set you up for daily success.

Bet you'd slap that 50 down and never look back.

If I’m paying $50 for a cup of coffee, then I either have too much money, or I have no cents.

But, what if that coffee had made a commitment to your mouth only. Out of 17 other mouths it wants yours and yours only. And, you (very much thankful to the coffee for choosing your mouth) have made a verbal commitment to this coffee. Because this coffee is the last piece of your morning routine that will set you up for daily success.

Bet you'd slap that 50 down and never look back.
Sorry coffee, I can get a European kettle and a kilo of ground beans on special for the same price and it still gets the job done. Also, if I am having conversations with you, coffee, that probably means I am probably in the stage of withdrawals and need this $50 for heroin now.

But more seriously, I think fair value is still a win for everyone, the players get to pull a Hardwick and jump off a sinking ship, Tigers get a good hand of picks and the other teams get their pieces. People are maybe focusing on the teams the players have nominated but I don’t think the Tigers can afford to play hard ball and potentially get nothing with Tassie coming in. Like I said above though, if they get the inflated value then good on them, that’s good business.

"They are also waiting on Josh Battle to tell them whether he wants to continue with the club or accept an offer to join the Hawks, with the 25-year-old to take a break before finalising his decision."

That break will coincidentally end on September 29th the day after the grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if we swing McCabe forward now it is look likely that we grab both our targets.

I swear I remember Tops saying something about McCabe looking good forward? Topiary
Played both as a junior but looked more natural reading the play and ball as an intercepting CHB than he did forward. Which is why his final year in the pathway program he stayed settled at HB

Port has always been difficult to trade with. A lot like Essendon. Their mindset is that they have to look like they have won.
So they then publicly leaked that Burton was going to be a part of the trade, forcing our hand to include Burton in part of that trade. I highly suspect they did the same back in 2009 with us trading for Silk. Where reports that Campbell Brown was going to be a part of that trade, which was quickly refuted by Hawthorn, Port how ever kept claiming his name was in discussion. As a result we lost Brown to the Suns the following year, as he was still disgruntled over the reports the previous year.

Gold Coast with JOM, was really being driven by their ex President, who was going on radio and acting like a toddler having a massive tantrum, because one of his favourite toys were being taken off them. Even to the point that the president over ruled his list manage by rejecting a deal that was very fair and reasonable. The end result was we then had to include a third club in a different trade to meet the demands. The third club was the one who benefitted most. The club that really suffered was Gold Coast.

I think Mark MacKenzie and Sam will have a more pragmatic approach than their predecessor’s where they will walk away if they have to.
Campbell Brown first heard his name being discussed in trades via the media. Was furious. Felt betrayed. Confronted the club and got the response "we discuss so many possibilities at this time of the year" which is different to the reponse he wanted "we love you in all the ways and would never even entertain trading you".
GC was new - it suited his lifestyle preferences at the time. The rest is history.

Port definitely love stirring the pot.

Don't see how he gets a role in our forward line, unless there are a string of injuries.

Lewis, Chol, Dear, Gunston are all ahead as KPF and third talls. Plus Moore, MacDonald, Watson, Ginnivan and Breust are all taking up spots in the side.
My thoughts were that with Lewis out for the bulk of 2025, Gunston good for say 15 games there is an opportunity to play Serong for 8 or so games as we need three talls. Depth will be crucial for a prolonged flag tilt, same as across every line.

There are some big moves this off season and I hope we can take advantage

Bolton moving west
Petracca moving somewhere
Lukociscus (I dunno how to spell it) going somewhere
Gold Coast with a bunch of first rounders (and likely more from Luko)
Rioli to GC might be a first rounder +

I think we are well placed to do something very cool here - but the thing we seem absolutely not want to accept is that big moves will require moving a player. And stop saying DGB will be that player.

I think GC and Richmond are ripe for exploitation.
I also think Essendon, St Kilda and Carlton will all have that mindset that they just need a couple of pieces and they'll be ok.

The hawks trade/recruitment team has been on fire for a few seasons now and I'm really looking forward to what they come up with.

Campbell Brown first heard his name being discussed in trades via the media. Was furious. Felt betrayed. Confronted the club and got the response "we discuss so many possibilities at this time of the year" which is different to the reponse he wanted "we love you in all the ways and would never even entertain trading you".
GC was new - it suited his lifestyle preferences at the time. The rest is history.

Port definitely love stirring the pot.

Every time a Port player that wants to leave, that Port doesn’t want to leave, it usually ends up in a circus, with players being named, high draft picks ect. It’s why I think that the Barrass deal will get done pretty easily, both Hawthorn and West Coast operate without too much drama being involved.

People saying Barrass will be a 1st round pick and some more, and has had Injuries issues.

Lewis before his knee, No club is going to pay a first round pick for Lewis with his injuries issues.

What's the difference?

If a club wants someone bad enough they will pay what they need to get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back