Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Donald Trump GIF

Dom’s social media manager

I hope for their sake, they’re not paid per follower.

the media will say we trade for premierships, but they forget most of the champions we have traded in were unwanted/not given opportunities by their clubs, they conveniently leave out that important detail... (whether it be the 2013-2015 team or future success)

If other clubs do it, its brilliant work at the trade table. The glee from Twomey and Co for us 'missing out' last year for 'only' getting the apparent leftovers in D'Ambrossio, Chol and Ginnivan was all over their faces and referenced repeatedly (until our recruits started out performing those of the Bombers). Yet when we do it, starting from this year in a big way, they will go back to talking about 'rorting the system' and 'equalisation isn't working' no doubt.

Re: Departing Richmond players valuations.

The unique circumstances this year centre around the very obvious clubs of choice.

Gold Coast and Fremantle are in a window where acquiring established talent with premiership experience is EXACTLY what they should be doing.

They are also loaded with first round draft picks.

By chance, the clubs with the best draft hands are also the ones being nominated by the departing players.

It's a win-win-win for everyone involved.
Richmond get their stack of first round picks.
The players get where they need to go.
The clubs acquiring these players fill immediate and vital list needs.

Don't waste time stressing about player X not typically being worth a first round pick etc.
In any other year it's likely they'd be fetching a bit less in return.

Do you think he gets offered a new contract with the hawks though? Feel like he's fallen out of the pecking order, Serong & even maybe Phillips and McCabe ahead of him getting a game.
Yes. I’m told that is in play.

Re: Departing Richmond players valuations.

The unique circumstances this year centre around the very obvious clubs of choice.

Gold Coast and Fremantle are in a window where acquiring established talent with premiership experience is EXACTLY what they should be doing.

They are also loaded with first round draft picks.

By chance, the clubs with the best draft hands are also the ones being nominated by the departing players.

It's a win-win-win for everyone involved.
Richmond get their stack of first round picks.
The players get where they need to go.
The clubs acquiring these players fill immediate and vital list needs.

Don't waste time stressing about player X not typically being worth a first round pick etc.
In any other year it's likely they'd be fetching a bit less in return.
Just because I have $50 in my pocket doesn’t mean I should spend it on a coffee. Fremantle/Gold Coast need these players but Richmond also need to rebuild and they need picks. Fair value is still a win/win, they could still (very roughly) end up with 1, 10-12, 16-18, 21, 23-25, 29 and Graham compo. That’s a good draft hand that is capable of trading into the first again, future or even some money ball to replace some experience to try and not fully Norf. I don’t think they will but I hope Fremantle and Gold Coast dig their heels in a little bit.

Edit: Also if Richmond do get the inflated value kudos to them, that’s well done.

Now this is purely just a hypothetical suggestion as the thread description states so don't shoot me.

Given Richmond are going to have a stack of 1st rounders, they surely will want to try and grab some already established players instead of using all these picks in the draft.

Could we find a late first rounder coming our way for someone like Ward who can't quite crack our team at the moment. His worth has probably dropped a bit, but his upside level is still relatively unknown. He may want more inside mid time at another club. Richmond love to throw first rounders at midfielders.

I'd be happy to hang onto Ward, but if the right deal came along would be interested.

Now this is purely just a hypothetical suggestion as the thread description states so don't shoot me.

Given Richmond are going to have a stack of 1st rounders, they surely will want to try and grab some already established players instead of using all these picks in the draft.

Could we find a late first rounder coming our way for someone like Ward who can't quite crack our team at the moment. His worth has probably dropped a bit, but his upside level is still relatively unknown. He may want more inside mid time at another club. Richmond love to throw first rounders at midfielders.

I'd be happy to hang onto Ward, but if the right deal came along would be interested.

Unless we were using the pick received to get a clear upgrade midfielder who plays Round 1 next year, I don't think I like the risk to reward ratio of tipping out Ward this early in his career.

After another preseason he could be anything.

Also concerned about the cultural impact of chucking out young fringe players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless we were using the pick received to get a clear upgrade midfielder who plays Round 1 next year, I don't think I like the risk to reward ratio of tipping out Ward this early in his career.

After another preseason he could be anything.

Also concerned about the cultural impact of chucking out young fringe players.
Hope that is the case!

Our backline next year is looking like an emBARRASSment of riches.

Especially if we win the battle.....
Barrass alone will have a huge impact. Battle will be the cherry on top.

Just because I have $50 in my pocket doesn’t mean I should spend it on a coffee. Fremantle/Gold Coast need these players but Richmond also need to rebuild and they need picks. Fair value is still a win/win, they could still (very roughly) end up with 1, 10-12, 16-18, 21, 23-25, 29 and Graham compo. That’s a good draft hand that is capable of trading into the first again, future or even some money ball to replace some experience to try and not fully Norf. I don’t think they will but I hope Fremantle and Gold Coast dig their heels in a little bit.

Edit: Also if Richmond do get the inflated value kudos to them, that’s well done.
But, what if that coffee had made a commitment to your mouth only. Out of 17 other mouths it wants yours and yours only. And, you (very much thankful to the coffee for choosing your mouth) have made a verbal commitment to this coffee. Because this coffee is the last piece of your morning routine that will set you up for daily success.

Bet you'd slap that 50 down and never look back.

Gold Coast would be dumb/desperate enough to pay it.
Gold Coast will pay it because they wet themselves every time a player actually wants to go there and they can't act cool about it.

They also have the picks to spare thanks to the BS Academy rules that allow them to trade current first round picks for future first round picks whilst still drafting multiple first round picks with garbage later picks. Rinse and repeat.

I don't want to trade Ward, but the premise that Richmond might have some excess good picks that could be used on our young depth (think Serong or Mitchell) is interesting. Depends what they get for the guys that want out I guess, and how many list spots they'll have free.

Barrass alone will have a huge impact. Battle will be the cherry on top.
Barrass, Battle, Sic, Frosty and Scrim, who've had career best seasons, plus Blancky hopefully to come back, and McCabe developing, competition for spots will be fierce!

Will free up Weds to go up the field, he's a smidgeon wasted down back I reckon. Will allow him to truly unleash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back