Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Barrass deal will get done early and respectfully because we’ve built a good relationship with WC and there’s goodwill.

Take note all the posters who last year bemoaned that we should be holding Brockman to high ransom and walking him to the PSD out of principle if we didn’t get a high draft pick.

Had we carried on like porkchops to “win trade week” and “get respect” like so many wanted, then there’s a chance WC don’t even want to deal with us.

Take note all the posters who last year bemoaned that we should be holding Brockman to high ransom and walking him to the PSD out of principle if we didn’t get a high draft pick.

Haha I had forgotten those histrionics. Good times!

Sounds like Battle or his manager playing this perfectly, gets a massive cash grab if he stays or goes.

If he stays at the club that has 1 premiership and has pictures of the captain wearing a pies jumper holding up their only cup then good on him for being loyal and playing both clubs like fiddles.

He would be a great addition to our list and push us closer to sustained success, if he stays at the Aints then he can enjoy mid table finishes for the rest of his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Barrass deal will get done early and respectfully because we’ve built a good relationship with WC and there’s goodwill.

Had we carried on like porkchops to “win trade week” and “get respect” like so many wanted, then there’s a chance WC don’t even want to deal with us.

Or return the favour

We’ve seen it countless times that player managers use Hawthorn to get the player a better offer.

I had news about a month ago I posted on here that Battle was likely staying.

I hope he comes to us but I’m not super confident.
Battle has been done for awhile

Its been them trying to up our offer

Thats all it is

He's playing someone: us or Saints, to drive up the price from the club he wants to play for.
Or he'll play for whoever offers the most as is his right?

Or he's already committed to us and hasn't picked up the pen for a saints offer since march even though the number keep going up? (this seems likely as all the rumours for the last 4 months of "battle will sign this week" "new offer" have all been about sktilda uping the offer, not hawthorn having to constantly raise their bid to prevent him signing)

Or Saints are bluffing with their offer hoping to push hawthorn above band 1 threshold. (in my view this is irrelevant as AFL will be desperate to give a band 1. they need a saints flag after they have got 1 for most of the other perpetual losers.)

We’ve seen it countless times that player managers use Hawthorn to get the player a better offer.

I had news about a month ago I posted on here that Battle was likely staying.

I hope he comes to us but I’m not super confident.
Those rumours have been going since March that he's sign "this week" and he never does.

I would be beyond shocked if he's not a hawk.

Flipping in the breeze.

Cogs style.

'Fox Footy understands', 'Fox Footy expects'.....

Haven't seen so much referring to oneself in the third person since:

george GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back