Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about the meeting with Bartel but it sounds plausible...
Why you ask?
Well a couple days ago at a popular local Hawthorn establishment with a fair amount of Hawks memorabilia on the walls, a certain wce defender was at the bar enjoying a beer, after posing the question if anyone else was with him he simply glanced outside. There was a HR meeting happening, with a big, rough, local man.

Take from that what you will.
I love how all these random meetings that are reported seem to take place in public places for everyone to see 😂

I love how all these random meetings that are reported seem to take place in public places for everyone to see 😂

This is always my thing - if I was going to have a chat to a rival employer about a job offer I would be doing it in their office not at a cafe where anyone from my current work could see me.

This is always my thing - if I was going to have a chat to a rival employer about a job offer I would be doing it in their office not at a cafe where anyone from my current work could see me.
Would it be worse getting caught bringing a contracted player to your office or having lunch followed by a beer? Besides, if the current employer see it they may panic and pay more.

So Harley needs to just cruise up the Monash to Waverley Park and sit down and chat with Mitch?
Yeah, that wouldn't attract any attention at all..:D

Lygon Street Melbourne with a schnitty + chips or it didn't happen 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Clark included 😂
I think this is him justifying getting it so wrong because he believed that bozo on twitter.

Ross Lyon knew in March and again showed in interviews and his last press conference was pretty clear he wanted out.

Saints people all year saying he's going to Hawthorn...

Then these rumours he was staying kept popping up every few months, and was "close to re-signing this week" and then nothing.

Last edited:
Gunners a good shot at 500 goals and a small chance to get to 250 games for Hawthorn (currently 23 away)

Punky will be the first rookie drafted player to 300 games and can move up the small forwards goal kicking ladder (26 behind Milne at the moment). Apart from Eddie Betts who else is there to catch?
Matthews.

Best thing about it all

Clarky saying that they were offering $900k a season and then in the same sentence says they are expecting first round compensation and that the feel around the league is that to get band 1 it needs a 9 at the start of the contract.

However its been reported everywhere that Hawthorn didnt offer as much...even if they offered $1 less based on his report, doesnt get them band 1 if they think its $900k to get that.

Also says that he messaged all the players the next morning saying that he was going. So that StKilda offer that was reported to be thrown at him in the week after the final game meant nothing and Hawthorn likely didnt need to change their offer

Has anyone heard any more regarding the key forward target?
It required future trading to push to 2 years in advance for it to be a real chance of happening.

Port Adelaide’s six-year offer for Harry Perryman is much more lucrative than the Hawthorn offer, which will give rise to hopes that the Power can land the free agent in coming weeks.

The Power have offered six years and around $800,000 for Perryman, and while the Hawks were keen their interest came at a time when fellow free agents Blake Hardwick and Conor Nash were considering their futures.

So while the Hawks are still keen on Perryman the financial element of their deal is similar to GWS, which is offering closer to $600,000.

Hawthorn is unlikely to budge on its offer, while clubs desperate for Perryman are considering whether to offer seventh-year triggers as an added lure to get him to their teams.

From Jon Ralph

Port Adelaide’s six-year offer for Harry Perryman is much more lucrative than the Hawthorn offer, which will give rise to hopes that the Power can land the free agent in coming weeks.

The Power have offered six years and around $800,000 for Perryman, and while the Hawks were keen their interest came at a time when fellow free agents Blake Hardwick and Conor Nash were considering their futures.

So while the Hawks are still keen on Perryman the financial element of their deal is similar to GWS, which is offering closer to $600,000.

Hawthorn is unlikely to budge on its offer, while clubs desperate for Perryman are considering whether to offer seventh-year triggers as an added lure to get him to their teams.

From Jon Ralph
Really says alot about the expansion of the salary cap when a player like Perryman attracts an 800k offer.

6x $800,000 for Harry Perryman?

Surely not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back