Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide’s six-year offer for Harry Perryman is much more lucrative than the Hawthorn offer, which will give rise to hopes that the Power can land the free agent in coming weeks.

The Power have offered six years and around $800,000 for Perryman, and while the Hawks were keen their interest came at a time when fellow free agents Blake Hardwick and Conor Nash were considering their futures.

So while the Hawks are still keen on Perryman the financial element of their deal is similar to GWS, which is offering closer to $600,000.

Hawthorn is unlikely to budge on its offer, while clubs desperate for Perryman are considering whether to offer seventh-year triggers as an added lure to get him to their teams.

From Jon Ralph
What rubbish.

So you think we are still in it Tops?
Yes. What the Post forgets is they are super strong in the midfield and Houston says he ain’t leaving. Sam would not of invested in him. Let’s leave it at that.

We may not get him for what we need but to say we are out of it is an exaggeration in the extreme, from what I am told.

Last edited:
Time to up the offer Roughy.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Yes. What the Post forgets is they are super strong in the midfield and Houston says he ain’t leaving. Sam would not of invested in him. Let’s leave it at that.

We may not get him for what we need but to say we are out of it is an exaggeration in the extreme, from what I am told.
In all fairness, Ralphy didnt say Hawthorn were out of it, just that they are offering less money than Port. In fact he says the Hawks are still in on Perryman just thought of being unlikely to up the offer. Question always remains, who is leaking that information?

Feels like its a leak from Port to reinforce the fact their offer is superior financially. However as you mentioned, is it superior in role?

In all fairness, Ralphy didnt say Hawthorn were out of it, just that they are offering less money than Port. In fact he says the Hawks are still in on Perryman just thought of being unlikely to up the offer. Question always remains, who is leaking that information?

Feels like its a leak from Port to reinforce the fact their offer is superior financially. However as you mentioned, is it superior in role?

No, the post says "while the Hawks are still keen on Perryman the financial element of their deal is similar to GWS, which is offering closer to $600,000"

If 200K is difference, then port wins it easy.

Port figure says "around $800,000 for Perryman" which means 750K is also a valid figure. If we are similar to GWS " closer to 600K", that means GWS deal could be 650K too. And our deal maybe 670K.

At 80-100K diff pre-tax, the decision may not be as easy. Hence we may still be in it which is what Tops is alluding to.

Quite likely it is Perryman's agent leaking trying to push Hawks to up offer to around 700K

Last edited:
No, the post says "while the Hawks are still keen on Perryman the financial element of their deal is similar to GWS, which is offering closer to $600,000"

If 200K is difference, then port wins it easy.

Port figure says "around $800,000 for Perryman" which means 750K is also a valid figure. If we are similar to GWS " closer to 600K", that means GWS deal could be 650K too. And our deal maybe 670K.

At 80-100K diff pre-tax, the decision may not be as easy. Hence we may still be in it which is what Tops is alluding to.

Quite likely it is Perryman's agent leaking trying to push Hawks to up offer to around 700K
Sam would love to play Dimma forward more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide’s six-year offer for Harry Perryman is much more lucrative than the Hawthorn offer, which will give rise to hopes that the Power can land the free agent in coming weeks.

The Power have offered six years and around $800,000 for Perryman, and while the Hawks were keen their interest came at a time when fellow free agents Blake Hardwick and Conor Nash were considering their futures.

So while the Hawks are still keen on Perryman the financial element of their deal is similar to GWS, which is offering closer to $600,000.

Hawthorn is unlikely to budge on its offer, while clubs desperate for Perryman are considering whether to offer seventh-year triggers as an added lure to get him to their teams.

From Jon Ralph
Morris or edmund mentioned the other day its not about money for perryman its the midfield time he wants

Morris or edmund mentioned the other day its not about money for perryman its the midfield time he wants
I've heard a big factor is having his name pronounced correctly and that he's most likely to go the club where both staff and fans make the effort to get it right. I'd beseech all our fans to watch the video below and do your best to nail it.

I've heard a big factor is having his name pronounced correctly and that he's most likely to go the club where both staff and fans make the effort to get it right. I'd beseech all our fans to watch the video below and do your best to nail it.

I was looking for the 'WTF' emoji reply.

That is one the funniest things I have listened to this week. The accent just tops it off :grinv1:. Did you put it together?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back