Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Why on earth would we baulk against the Eagles for asking for pick 14+ future second and then turn around and be ok to give future first + future second? Am I missing something here?

Why on earth would we baulk against the Eagles for asking for pick 14+ future second and then turn around and be ok to give future first + future second? Am I missing something here?

Trading 14 and our F2 would have left us with F1 and F3 only.

Getting two picks from Carlton means we can now trade a F1 and F2 while maintaining F1, F2, F3.

If those offers were on the table for 13 surely they were for 14.

You'd much rather take the Dees offer given their position atm.

weekend break comes at a good time for people to forget the pick 14 and look at new reality. Suns will do well to take this deal & give up just 23 for Noble+ something( pies have 36,52,55)

Haw: Barrass, 26 ( give - 33, F1(Haw), F2(Carl))
WC: Baker, 20, 51, F3 (give Barass, 26)
GC: Rioli, F1(Haw), F2(Carl) ( give - 6,13)
Rich: 6, 13, 33 ( Give - Rioli, Baker, 20, 51, F3)

+ some steak knives
Cause we have 2 F2's now, can give up one or both as well as our F1 if needed as we have Blues F1. Or both f1's and one F2 for some other big player. Any KPF on radar?

Last edited:

Trading 14 and our F2 would have left us with F1 and F3 only.

Getting two picks from Carlton means we can now trade a F1 and F2 while maintaining F1, F2, F3.
Ok, so that tells me we get Tom and we're done. No real draft hand this year but for pies second.
Reckon that's good business.
Barrass
Battle
Second Rd
Im ok with that.

that's called a restraint of trade

any board or player could take that to court and get to crumble this whole afl system
Then we could start again, but without Essendon

We turned our first this year into a future 1st and second. Essentially meaning we have a free second rounder to play with now

Ok, so that tells me we get Tom and we're done. No real draft hand this year but for pies second.
Barrass
Battle
Second Rd
Im ok with that.
We could package that 2nd with a player for a Pick upgrade or trade player(s) out for more Picks

I reckon no one would have roasted hawthorn if they pulled the Gold Coast omeara deal when Cochrane became a Pratt in a very public way
Even with GC acting that way Hawks still didn’t walk.

In another interesting part to that GC wanted the Hawks first plus more and then were angry when the Hawks traded that pick for Tom Mitchell…that pick was #14…now 18 years ago Hawks have traded pick 14 when West Coast wanted it plus more and they are annoyed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrass
Battle
Second Rd
Im ok with that.
The 2024 draft has a lot of depth in the top 30.
If someone we like is still on the board around pick 18-24 in this years draft. We will likely trade our F1 to get back in.

Stop listening to the media. This trade period is dire they need to hype any Avenue to clicks they can. You listen to these know nothing fools I mean brad Johnson just tried to explain how Brisbane were in trouble for matching and in his calcs forgot the 20% discount. Nothing has changed. Barrass is still coming.
There are 2 types of negotiators; bullies like dodoro and Mackie, collaborators like McKenzie. This deal would not have been done without full knowledge of the eagles minimum and likely tigers. By converting a first into more it opens up the possibility to get more for all parties using desperate buyers like Carlton. Pick 14 meant nothing to the eagles if it was to be on traded and Richmond don’t need all their early picks this year they would want some level of spread. It’s all part of the plan it’s obvious and the media know it but that doesn’t generate the clicks and comments.
Chill Leopard GIF

Except that this year's first rounder is worth more due to the available talent in this year's draft compared to next years.
Depends how you view it. You could say future picks are worth more because of the upcoming DVI changes where picks no longer have points past r3. Also suns have 2 very high end academy talents so will need 2025 second rounders. We are in a very strong position its an excellent trade.

Just finished work and boy oh boy what a move by MM...love it so smart! Gives us infinite options to work with as we have generated a F2 from 14! We could trade F1 and F2 for pick 13? Or one of freos if they want? Or involve that in a deal with Richmond and WC for Barrass! But for us it's only cost pick 14! Love it!

So what are we offering? The two future 1st?

Can’t see WC accepting less than what was offered. We may have not held the line at all.
Carlton’s.

I want us to snag Barrass real bad. To me, it’s got Brian Lake mk II written all over it. Only for longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back