Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes please 🙌

Can you imagine a midfield boasting Petracca, Day, Newcombe, Worpel, Nash and Mackenzie?

Impey - Frost - Hardwick
Sicily - Battle - Scrimshaw

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Amon - Petracca - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Lewis - Weddle
Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Dear / Gunston
Macdonald
Nash
Worpel
Mackenzie

Can you imagine a midfield boasting Petracca, Day, Newcombe, Worpel, Nash and Mackenzie?

Impey - Frost - Hardwick
Sicily - Battle - Scrimshaw

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Amon - Petracca - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Lewis - Weddle
Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Dear / Gunston
Macdonald
Nash
Worpel
Mackenzie
Honestly a Mitchell-ised Petracca getting low 20s and a few goals a game is the most exciting possibility I've seen for this off season. Possibility as in he's actually reported as a possible trade target.

Forget what Baz showed briefly in the finals a few years back, what most expect him to develop into is what Petracca does almost weekly.

Honestly a Mitchell-ised Petracca getting low 20s and a few goals a game is the most exciting possibility I've seen for this off season. Possibility as in he's actually reported as a possible trade target.

Forget what Baz showed briefly in the finals a few years back, what most expect him to develop into is what Petracca does almost weekly.

We'd have the most physically imposing midfield in the league.

Newcombe could probably learn a lot from him off the field. And both of them could be switching up with each other running through the middle and then resting forward.

It's probably a pipe dream and would mean no Barrass, which I'd be fine with if we could pull it off and sign Battle.

I love Newc, if I'm not #1 in his fan club I'm very close, but if we were able to acquire Petracca I'd be comfortable in telling him to shove aside for a few years and learn as much as possible.

Two first round picks and Day would be the starting point, if not Day then Weddle or Watson.

That’s where negotiations would start.

He’s 29, so maybe 3 years at his best hopefully but we’d have to give him 5/6 years on $1.2m a year to get him, completely destroying our current pay structures.

How much do you really want Trac?

Two first round picks and Day would be the starting point, if not Day then Weddle or Watson.

He’s 29, so maybe 3 years at his best hopefully but we’d have to give him 5/6 years on $1.2m a year to get him, completely destroying our current pay structures.

Who cares where they start though.

We obviously wouldn’t give that. Two firsts as the starting offer, maybe throw in a fringe player as well. If they still say no you walk away and say you did what you could.

There is no way in the world we would cough up 2 first round picks and one of Day,Weddle or Watson for a 29 year old Petracca. I do agree he would definitely command 2 first rounders but not one of our top line players on top of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they will want someone like Weddle and its a no despite me thinking that Trac is one of the top players in the league

They had their chance and chose to trade the pick we used to get Weddle. So they can feck off

There is no way in the world we would cough up 2 first round picks and one of Day,Weddle or Watson for a 29 year old Petracca. I do agree he would definitely command 2 first rounders but not one of our top line players on top of that.

Then the Dee’s would simply keep him.

If we want Trac we would have to give up one of our best young players. He’s arguably the best player in the league, two picks in the teens is an insult and they’d rightfully tell us where to go.

Everyone saying how much they want him then immediately downplaying the cost, ridiculous.

If you’re not willing to part with what’s required to get the best player in the league, then don’t ask for the best player in the league.

Yeah it's not worth it if we have to offer up a Day level talent. Picks, Contract can have it all but need to add him to the stars we have not trade one out for him to replace.

So we probably couldn't get it done.

Yes he's good but the asking would be too much and I dont know if we need a ‘star’ when we have many many little suns burning brighter each and every DAY.

Exactly, selling the farm for one star rarely brings teams success.

He’s an absolute superstar, and rightfully Melbourne will ask for a huge bounty for him. Probably enough to offer for Reid.

Petracca- 2 first round picks for a 29 year old is the limit.

Would not add any of our young players like MacKenzie, Ward to the trade. They can ask, but it would be a firm NO!

Adding Weddle or Day to the trade is laughable.
I wouldn’t do Weddle or Day in a straight swap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back