Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. If someone at another club who had shown lots of promise but also showed over and over again that their body isnt made for AFL was touted as 2 x 1st or a 1st and young gun player they would be ridiculed.

Mitch Lewis is not the answer to anything Hawthorn. Ive said this for years and to this day it still holds true.

We need stability as we develop but not one person here can truthfully say you can build a team around him on the forward line 20+ games a year.

If he wants to go we take what we can get.
Just stop.

Yes. If someone at another club who had shown lots of promise but also showed over and over again that their body isnt made for AFL was touted as 2 x 1st or a 1st and young gun player they would be ridiculed.

Mitch Lewis is not the answer to anything Hawthorn. Ive said this for years and to this day it still holds true.

We need stability as we develop but not one person here can truthfully say you can build a team around him on the forward line 20+ games a year.

If he wants to go we take what we can get.

Charlie Curnow missed the best part of three years with injury. Suppose Carlton should've just taken what they could get...

How would the pre production planning be for trade radio with Hutch?

Righto team, we have 3 weeks to fill and each hour will be made up of 40 minutes of ads to pay for your wages….. coons puts his hand up, “hutchy can I please come up with a mega trade each day and that will pretty much cover my shift”

“Great thinking Coons, anyone else got an idea or two to fill in the dead time”

Barrett “I will talk about how North made an error 8 years ago tipping out Boomer Harvey and Drew Petrie and analyse how that is affecting our list today”.

Jenkins “I love chatting tall forwards because I was one so I will hypothesise for a few days about who will replace big Joey Daniher”

Cornes “Is it ok if I just do my usual Steve Price impersonation and bag clubs that are down the bottom and I will add a worst contract list to really get the phone lines buzzing”

Hutchy, “love these ideas lads, keep them coming”

The absolute disgust with trading Lewis is laughable. He's about to enter his 8th season and has never played more than 15 games. If a fair trade was put forward I'd definitely take it.
Yeh I think it's a valid opinion.

I don't agree with it but i see the sense in it. Just don't think we'd get enough out of it to make it worthwhile for us.

How would the pre production planning be for trade radio with Hutch?

Righto team, we have 3 weeks to fill and each hour will be made up of 40 minutes of ads to pay for your wages….. coons puts his hand up, “hutchy can I please come up with a mega trade each day and that will pretty much cover my shift”

“Great thinking Coons, anyone else got an idea or two to fill in the dead time”

Barrett “I will talk about how North made an error 8 years ago tipping out Boomer Harvey and Drew Petrie and analyse how that is affecting our list today”.

Jenkins “I love chatting tall forwards because I was one so I will hypothesise for a few days about who will replace big Joey Daniher”

Cornes “Is it ok if I just do my usual Steve Price impersonation and bag clubs that are down the bottom and I will add a worst contract list to really get the phone lines buzzing”

Hutchy, “love these ideas lads, keep them coming”

POTY

Yeah its nuts. Brisbane's 2nd would be all we would get.

Lewis simply cant be trusted to be fit. We are not building our team around him.

We would be mocking any other club making the same demands about one of their players in the same circumstance.

If he is unhappy let him go and take what we can get. And it clears up a huge amount of cash not being on the pitch each week.
There are genuine concerns with Lewis' durability and questions as to whether he's a player we can rely on. History can't be ignored in that regard and I would not be against a trade if a motivated buyer was willing to pay overs - which a reigning premier with a now significant need might do, as with a flag in the bank you can justify taking a punt and overpaying. But what you are advocating for is to sell a contracted key forward for the lowest price. There's no way we should be doing that.

The approach should be simple: if Brisbane is keen and he is interested, they need to overpay, or the contracted key forward stays. Similar to what West Coast will insist on for the contracted Barass.

The absolute disgust with trading Lewis is laughable. He's about to enter his 8th season and has never played more than 15 games. If a fair trade was put forward I'd definitely take it.
I think everyone is on the same page that his body has let him down a lot, and that it's hard to plan around him at the moment.

But he's a super-talented key position forward. If he were to stay on the park, he'd likely be in the top 10 for this position in the competition. Maybe even top 5 given our current form and ball movement.

The club have made it clear we are chasing other kpfs to potentially partner with Lewis, but they are so bloody rare to find, and cost an absolute bomb, particularly in this age profile. A good one can win you a flag (see Joe Danniher). It's a position the club are most concerned about moving forward.

Therefore, it would have to be an absolute eye-watering offer for us to even consider it. I highly doubt we get this from Brisbane, so what's the point? Unless we have another key forward lined up and need picks for a trade, it makes no sense.

So… does Hawthorn do the Barrass trade straight away and let WC get to work on getting the Richmond players or do we work the penumbras and emanations for the entire trade period, blocking up everything until there are two days to go? WC will get their trades done but everything down stream backs up and happens in a panic.

That would be some dirty pool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing is we are a weaker side next year without him. Even if we got pick 1 for him. We shouldn't be doing anything this off season that makes us weaker next year.

So unless trading Lewis unlocks a trade for Sam Darcy or Charlie Curnow we don't do it.

Even after getting Chol our plans have been firm on wanting Lewis + another gun forward and we chased a few of them. Dear looks 1 of them, but we played most of the year with Dear, Gunston and Chol as forward/ruck.

Gunston isn't going to give us much and we need to force him out by finals I think. At the moment Lewis and Scaife are the only ones we could possibly do that with, unless Serong or Sicily return to forward line.

So… does Hawthorn do the Barrass trade straight away and let WC get to work on getting the Richmond players or do we work the penumbras and emanations for the entire trade period, blocking up everything until there are two days to go? WC will get their trades done but everything down stream backs up and happens in a panic.

Seem to have very collaborative trading with the eagles in the past

Gold Coast, freo and * have been combative

I think it depends on what else we have planned. If we are only expecting to do this deal, i'd just sit and wait.

They will get shaky that they can't bring in who they want until Barrass is done and lower the price.

If we have other stuff to do we get him locked in early so we don't jeapardise the barrass trade by say not having 33 to add in a swap or something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back