Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How would the pre production planning be for trade radio with Hutch?

Righto team, we have 3 weeks to fill and each hour will be made up of 40 minutes of ads to pay for your wages….. coons puts his hand up, “hutchy can I please come up with a mega trade each day and that will pretty much cover my shift”

“Great thinking Coons, anyone else got an idea or two to fill in the dead time”

Barrett “I will talk about how North made an error 8 years ago tipping out Boomer Harvey and Drew Petrie and analyse how that is affecting our list today”.

Jenkins “I love chatting tall forwards because I was one so I will hypothesise for a few days about who will replace big Joey Daniher”

Cornes “Is it ok if I just do my usual Steve Price impersonation and bag clubs that are down the bottom and I will add a worst contract list to really get the phone lines buzzing”

Hutchy, “love these ideas lads, keep them coming”
This post is so on point

Even if Lewis goes or stays next year it could be the first time we actually play Sicily forward?

I know this has been done to death but Barass and Battle can easily fill Sicily's role and if he did it for a full year i think it takes the pressure off Chol especially

If it was ever going to happen this is the year to do it given the cover we have. He always looks dangerous as a forward but never gets a long crack at it

I just cant see us loading in the back line this tall

Sicily Barass Frost
Impey Battle Scrim

If this is the plan then I wouldn't be surprised if we pull the trigger if the deal is fair
I tend to agree, would love for us to trade back into this year's first round somehow how, depends on what Brisbane offer, we'll have to consider it

There is a bit too much sense in the Lewis trade for it to be put in the categorically not happening category…
Daniher retires.
Brissy clearly making enquires about available KPFs
They are open to moving their first rounder with Ashcroft coming in
It was said he was looking disconnected after our last final
A Mate who attended the B&F said he wasn’t looking at all part of the group..
If he wants to leave Brissy would seem a good fit and Hawks are renowned for allowing a player to move if it’s what they want…
Hopefully he stays as we don’t have another player on our list that is capable of playing his role but if the player wants out you have to listen to what’s coming back…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's a glaring thing for me that doesn't make sense though.

What role can Lewis play next season?

Scenario 1: The ACL recovery wipes his 2025 season entirely. In that case, he isn't a Daniher replacement at all. They need their replacement to help defend their premiership right?

Scenario 2: He's expected to be back early enough to play a big part in season 2025. In that case, why the hell would we be trading him?! We'd need for our own premiership tilt.

There's a glaring thing for me that doesn't make sense though.

What role can Lewis play next season?

Scenario 1: The ACL recovery wipes his 2025 season entirely. In that case, he isn't a Daniher replacement at all. They need their replacement to help defend their premiership right?

Scenario 2: He's expected to be back early enough to play a big part in season 2025. In that case, why the hell would we be trading him?! We'd need for our own premiership tilt.
Exactly this! If he comes good, we don't want him playing for someone who could be a direct competitor!

More than enough time since West Coast were informed by Barrass that he wanted to be traded for both clubs to have worked out an in-principle deal. Unless there's some manoeuvring for "steak knives" picks that involves some leg work with other clubs then I reckon the only other thing holding this one from being processed today is the AFL stage managing the announcements.

More than enough time since West Coast were informed by Barrass that he wanted to be traded for both clubs to have worked out an in-principle deal. Unless there's some manoeuvring for "steak knives" picks that involves some leg work with other clubs then I reckon the only other thing holding this one from being processed today is the AFL stage managing the announcements.
Wont happen today.
Later in the week apparently.

He was asked if pick 14 was going to get it done. He said it would be a more than that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm in other words, we want Finn but Finn doesn’t want us.
How heartening! And not just for sentimental reasons. Finn’s been gradually improving each season but I thought it was really noticeable this year.

Still a far cry from '2 first rounders or GTFO'

I think everyone expected it to be our first and something and this says to me the something is more like a swap of picks or maybe WC is still trying to convince a player to come across?

Look at the little dork pushing for more

Muppet
He's not really. He was asked if it'll be 13 and more. It was never going to be just our first, it was our first and maybe a future second. The deal is likely to be sorted in principle already, I don't think they're pushing for more than that.

Still a far cry from '2 first rounders or GTFO'

I think everyone expected it to be our first and something and this says to me the something is more like a swap of picks or maybe WC is still trying to convince a player to come across?

100% and rightly so a very experienced player coming to a club entering their prime.

A swap off second rounds happy days.

It's very difficult to believe there hasn't been more communication between the two clubs between Barrass's announcement and now, with the aim of bringing things closer to completion.
Especially since it's in WC best interest so they can get on with their off season trading and planning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back