Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We need the first wave of deals to get done (the ones that have been talked about for a few months) before we see some real movement.

1. The free agents (Battle, Cumming, Perryman etc)
1. The Richmond rats fleeing the sinking ship
2. Barrass to hawthorn
3. Bailey to Geelong

Then it gets interesting:
  • Sydney always get some role players from someone. They're also overdue for an AFL funded key forward trade in
  • Port Adelaide are going to be busy and they're assholes, so there will be lots happening there
  • Geelong were trying to get Oliver and failed, so they'll look for their next target, whoever that is
  • We normally get some bargain deals at the end when everyone is snoozing and MM gets them with the surprise attack
  • A few clubs need ruckmen - so there could be a trade or two there

Typical posturing, they value him that much they went back on a promise they made to him.

Even though they say Barrass is an important player they did him a little dirty so he can't be 'that' important to them

This is exactly why we push back and don't hand over our future first rounder as well as pick 13. If they did up their offer to Barrass in a desperate attempt to retain him but he still said no - different story. They can't have it both ways and they know it.

They would do well to remember how we facilitated and smooth painfree return for Tyler Brockman for pretty much a bag of chips. Hasn't quite worked out for TB this year due to personal issues but he was worth way more than what we got back in return. Let's see what type of a club WCE really are when it comes to agreeing on a fair and treasonable trade for Barrass

He's not really. He was asked if it'll be 13 and more. It was never going to be just our first, it was our first and maybe a future second. The deal is likely to be sorted in principle already, I don't think they're pushing for more than that.
I think the issue is WC draft hand, they only have 4 pick with a big gap between 26 and then it's 62. I think the Hawks want a pick back in he 3rd round back maybe. Just speculating

Yeah highly valued yet they reneged on his pay rise.

I'll like to know what rhetoric he'll spew out about Liam Baker's worth? I reckon we wait to see how that trade plays out first.

Baker moving is most likely reliant on the Barass move happening first..
hawks first for Baker and Tigers second rounder.. or else eagles are relying on splitting their own first then trading for baker…
So best we keep them waiting or they accept our first and not Much more for Barass.

Baker moving is most likely reliant on the Barass move happening first..
hawks first for Baker and Tigers second rounder.. or else eagles are relying on splitting their own first then trading for baker…
So best we keep them waiting or they accept our first and not Much more for Barass.
That's not what Clarke was saying.
Reckons 3 could be part of the deal. Could be a pick slide from 3 to 6.
Or they may split the pick.

Mind games have started.

anyone think frosty staying is insurance incase barrass doesn't land?
I would have thought he was staying because he had a fantastic year as an automatic best 22 selection this year.

And he is willing to have more competition for his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it know one has posted a "hypothetical trade" on Day 1 of trade week?

Here goes.....who says No?

HAW IN - Barass, Pick 23
HAW OUT - Pick 14, Pick 33 & F2

WCE IN - Baker, Pick 6, Pick 29
WCE OUT - Pick 3, Barass

RICH IN - Pick 3, Pick 14, F2
RICH OUT - Rioli, Baker

GCS IN - Rioli
GCS OUT - Pick 6, Pick 23, Pick 29

Charlie Curnow missed the best part of three years with injury. Suppose Carlton should've just taken what they could get...
By memory we were sniffing around trying to get him. His stock at that stage were so low I’m sure it would be comical some of the offers clubs were stumping up when you look back on what he’s produced since.

Richmond's Jack Graham has decided to exercise his free agency rights and move to the Eagle's on a 4 year deal

Jack Darling to North Melbourne for Pick 67.

Jesus Christ

HAW IN - Barass, Pick 23

WCE OUT - Pick 3, Barass

RICH OUT - Rioli, Baker

GCS IN - Rioli

Ordinary I’d say GC have been violated without lube but GC seem to enjoy that kind of thing..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like the headline "Hawthorn's first may not be enough... ".

ffs, all Clarke said was that there needs to be more movement on the trade. No one here knows what Macca has offered. For all we know, he may have asked for a pick to come back with Barrass for our 1st pick

HAW IN - Barass, Pick 23

WCE OUT - Pick 3, Barass

RICH OUT - Rioli, Baker

GCS IN - Rioli
3, 14 and F2 for Baker and Rioli? Absolutely not. And fold GC if they even sent 6 by itself for Rioli.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back