Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, I wonder if this is why we gave Essendon a pick they didn’t even use for D’Ambrosio.
Trading is good for the player too, removes uncertainty as to their futures given they know what they are doing next year sooner as well.

Laughable deal for pick 13 and 23.

I have no idea how list managers deal with each other. With the absurd demands that get thrown around every year. Look at what the tigers have been demanding.

I know it’s part of “the game” they play but it seems exhausting just thinking about having to deal with it let alone having to play the game constantly year in year out.

It is. we stuffed up with Dylan Moore but thankfully he's a loyal type.
Its only bad if we desperately want to keep someone, if we don't mind losing the player, then the vagaries of the market can help us snap a very good pick compared to if we tried to trade player out.

If Seamus who was delisted before has a better than decent 2025 and has multiple clubs in bidding war to land him, we could end up with Band 2 compo.

Normally we would be lucky to get a trade at that level.

I take that back, FFS I would equate Noble and our Seamus on same level & Noble is being chased by the Suns willing to bend over.

can they not just fit the draft and trade all into the same week. Least it would actually be exciting instead of this slow moving pile of shit news cycle.

No wonder mark isn’t worried about being awake absolutely nothing is happening

I have no idea how list managers deal with each other. With the absurd demands that get thrown around every year. Look at what the tigers have been demanding.

I know it’s part of “the game” they play but it seems exhausting just thinking about having to deal with it let alone having to play the game constantly year in year out.
I think you'll find most cases it is the media just talking BS or completely misunderstanding deals and leaving off details.

Like 2 firsts for Barrass, or pick 1 for Brockman. Eagles know that if they get 2 firsts from us they need to give more than just barrass, and we knew that we would have needed to add heaps for pick 1. But they just report it as if clubs are delusional.

Someone was reporting that apparently Adelaide offered Melbourne 2x first round picks for Harrison Petty and they refused. There is no way that was offered as reported, AND there is no way Melbourne would refuse that.

Tigers are piiiissed off. They will be so shittty about Dimma leaving due to exhaustion and then taking a new job 5 minutes later. Don’t forget Dimma sold the dream and farm for Taranto and Hopper and that is gonna bite for years to come.

Seriously tho, pick 6 for Daniel Rioli is laughable and the Tigers should be driving to GC right now to sign the papers and drop him off.

Or the Tigers are pretending to be pissed off. They have to be adults and accept that Hardwick is gone and the older players wont be winning a flag and any of the contracted younger players wanting to leave they play hard and get a premium.

They can also shop Hopper and Taranto around in a year or 2 if they want to go, which clears up an insane amount of cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By all reports it's our pick 14 plus something extra for Barass. If this was the case the deal would be done by now, so I think it's connected to another deal.

If WCE are sending the pick to Richmond, then there is potential for it to be our F1 rather than 14 as the centre piece.

I'd be thrilled if we managed to send our Pick 33 (CWD) and our F1 so we could use Pick 14 this year. Who would y'all take at 14 if we managed to keep it?

Noble mate. He's pox .
Collingwood offering Noble + future 1st to gets Suns' pick 13 & 23.
Carlton offering a future 1st & future 2nd for Suns' pick 13.

What should happen. ;)

Collingwood offering Noble + future 1st and current 2nd to gets Suns' pick 13.
Carlton offering a future 1st + future 2nd + Matt Owies for Suns' pick 13.

By all reports it's our pick 14 plus something extra for Barass. If this was the case the deal would be done by now, so I think it's connected to another deal.

If WCE are sending the pick to Richmond, then there is potential for it to be our F1 rather than 14 as the centre piece.

I'd be thrilled if we managed to send our Pick 33 (CWD) and our F1 so we could use Pick 14 this year. Who would y'all take at 14 if we managed to keep it?
Bailey Smith ;)

With clubs lining up for Houston, what could we get by splitting pick 14 (say F1 and F2), and what permutation would WC accept if pick 14 isn't involved?

This is the right thread... trade period. The type of thing that has and will break relationships. Did he say the physio was on board ...
Anyone taking financial advice from an at the time very early 20's footballer who had already been burnt himself by the same thing he was hyping only has themselves to blame 😂

Or the Tigers are pretending to be pissed off. They have to be adults and accept that Hardwick is gone and the older players wont be winning a flag and any of the contracted younger players wanting to leave they play hard and get a premium.

They can also shop Hopper and Taranto around in a year or 2 if they want to go, which clears up an insane amount of cash.
Tigers are perfectly placed to get rid of anyone with currency now, and can add the "Premiership Player" premium onto some of them. They will be weaker next season off the back of this but will bring in multiple first round picks this year, give young players gametime, have more high picks and will be done with the draft stage when Tasmania comes in.

They will then have cash to chase Free Agents in a few years too. But will have to fight Tasmania who will no doubt get some concessions there.

I think Us, North, Gold Coast and Richmond will be best placed for 2026-2032 but we will peak and drop first when our older guys Sicily, Barrass, Frost, Hardwick, Impy, Amon finish up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back