Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly think appointing Yze was a form of tanking. There’s clearly a reason he was overlooked multiple times. Will be very awkward for the Richmond higher ups if McQualter gets some traction with the Eagles next year.
I’ve said for a year now the board has gone the full tank by bringing in yze, to be fair pretty smart, the coach through the rebuild rarely lasts and they get to bottom out completely before tassie. Long may it last though

since we are all waiting for the deal to drop and I am in love with the beauty of my megatrade, can I request MM to get it done

posted it earlier, updated to balance it all a bit.

Freo: Bolton, 26 ( give - 10, 18, 30, F3)
GC: Rioli, F3, F3 ( give - 6, 23)
Haw: Barrass, 42, 43 ( give - F1, 33)
Rich: 6, 10, 18, 23, 33 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 42, 43)
WC: Baker, F1, 30 ( give - Barass, 26, F3)

Tigers and Eagles can swap the 18 & F1 if needed. DGB( Richmond or whoever, don't care or they can pick him as DFA) and our F4( to Suns or Eagles) as steak knives to whoever wants it

If Suns want to salary to be paid & Tigers are fine, then those 2 F3's can go over to Tigers. Rest is steak knives, don't really care if its 43 or 51 for us. ( Tigers have atm 1,24,32,42,43,45,51, 61, 70 )

Maybe Eagles can pay bit of Barass salary as well as they are doing pretty well out of the deal.

Prefer to keep our 1st round pick as much as possible. Can't see any losers in this megatrade.

This is actually a good trade? Who would say no?

I can't remember which thread it was but at the start of the 2023 season I was having a back and forth with a Tigers poster and I flat out told him that Taranto + Hopper would end up being their very own version of what Mitchell + JOM ended up being for us which was a failed top up for one last hurrah.

IMO it is becoming apparent that as important as it is to be able to put a contending list together it is just as important to have the big wigs recognise when the time is right to knock it all down and start again. I'm sure some will disagree with me but the Mitchell, JOM + Wingard acquisitions put us in an almost 10 year finals hiatus.

Time will tell if the route Richmond works out for them with the bounty of 1st rounders they're going to obtain and there's every chance that they too end up having a 10 year finals hiatus but if I had to choose between their list demographic and Collingwood's I know which one I'd prefer.

One thing that is for sure is that Taranto, Hopper, Balta and Nankervis will be their tank commanders 😂 😂 😂
We played finals in the first year we recruited mitchell and jom 😂

And it was only 6 years since our last finals appearance.

History shows that if you are shit enough to finish last, you won’t win a flag within the next ten years. So you dont want to hit rock bottom but also you dont want to keep topping up to stay middle of the ladder. Hard to know for sure when you are ready to bounce back up or if you are just treading water i guess.

Not disagreeing with your general premise though.

According to AFL.com

ESSENDON has conceded it will be difficult to move up the draft order and get in ahead of an Isaac Kako bid, with the Bombers now listening to rival offers for their No.9 selection.

Could we package up our F1 with picks 70 and 76 along with Maginness for pick 9?

Call me spiteful, but if Barrass is the only trade we are going to do from here on out, can we delay it as long as possible so that Richmond take Bakers actual value (WCE second)?

The incredible entitlement from Richmond supporters on BigFooty is doing my head in

The new Essendon? In wanting to win trade week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to AFL.com

ESSENDON has conceded it will be difficult to move up the draft order and get in ahead of an Isaac Kako bid, with the Bombers now listening to rival offers for their No.9 selection.

Could we package up our F1 with picks 70 and 76 along with Maginness for pick 9?
Maybe Maginness gets it done, hard to value sliding positions as it's so closely linked to who you have an eye on in the draft. I don't think 70,76 carry any value when talking first round movements.

Maybe Maginness gets it done, hard to value sliding positions as it's so closely linked to who you have an eye on in the draft. I don't think 70,76 carry any value when talking first round movements.
So if we traded F1 and Maginness for pick 9 we could then trade pick 9 for Barrass straight up and use pick 14 to draft another youngster this year in a sting draft

According to AFL.com

It's likely Maginness would rather open up the top of his head, spoon out the goo and feed himself, than agree to go to the Bummers

Last edited:
So if we traded F1 and Maginness for pick 9 we could then trade pick 9 for Barrass straight up and use pick 14 to draft another youngster this year in a sting draft
This draft seems highly valued. E.g. Carlton offering their F1 and F2 for the GC pick and not moving their first for Houston.

I don't think F1 and Finn is enough for 9 this year. Unless * thought Finn was really undervalued and he wanted to go.

Hawks most likely won’t have their pick and based on SYL intel they pulled out prior so can’t see it

I wonder if our view would change if it cost us nothing (I.e. PSD) vs a first rounder plus.

It would be fascinating to know if we pulled out because we wanted Barrass and didn't want to lose both firsts (e.g. targeting someone next year) or if it was the character issues people allude to.

Any trades today or just more bullshit?
Monday - 2
Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
This Is Stupid Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back