Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just tune back in next Wednesday, as last year we completed all our trades on the final day of the trade period.

I don't expect any left-field names to be linked with us at this point, as Barrass will likely be the only player we acquire.
That’s always true but this is dire look at this X post by SEN
1728548135599.png
So to summarise. It’s not a race. A vfl player resigns. Fringe to VFL players with uncertain futures. A player with 1 suitor and a 1 year contract talks about getting one more year. Glad to be in the UK avoiding the trade period

Just tune back in next Wednesday, as last year we completed all our trades on the final day of the trade period.

I don't expect any left-field names to be linked with us at this point, as Barrass will likely be the only player we acquire.
Wouldn’t be surprised if one more pops up like Ginni did last year

Or each club nominates a delegation of 3-5 BigFooty posters, who work on it from August - October.

BigFooty working group submits draft proposals to AFL delegation mid-October.

AFL has 12hrs to ratify draft trades.

Keep the clubs out of it - they just over complicate sh1t & seem to have no idea how to value players.
Agreed. Every club would then walk away with 4 first rounders for a 5th year player who is in the 2s and has a degenerative knee.

Why do people by into the trade period, soon it will get longer and even more painful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were never going to let him go, but that aside... very smart play by Balta.

Career player in a garbage side demands an extra $150k+ per year in 'hanging around' money & as the spiritual leader of everyone's favourite loser club he'll get a TV deal like Richo.

I reckon he knows it, seems like a good operator but understands where this ends up. Hope he pockets a healthy salary for the stress.
After they axe him and he's made deep connections with the gazillion 1st rounders they bring in over the next couple of years we can bring him back as an assistant coach and lure them to the HFC

They were never going to let him go, but that aside... very smart play by Balta.

Career player in a garbage side demands an extra $150k+ per year in 'hanging around' money & as the spiritual leader of everyone's favourite loser club he'll get a TV deal like Richo.
And to top it off he already has a premiership medal.

I agree, very smart deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back