Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Barrass Day. 😜

View attachment 2137731

If Richmond end up with ~6 picks in the top 30, it seems risky for them to put so much faith in one draft.

Hypothetically, could we trade a young fringe player + our future first to get a top 10 pick in this year's draft from the Tigers?
Given the draft is deep or "even" I'd look at who I want with the first two and then target their mates if they are in the ballpark.

Can you guys at least make some shit up.

So bored
thoughts on Gary Rohan as a DFA? now that we're playing finals again it'd be good to bolster our stocks of big game players. not many with a track record like his

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A reworked megatrade based on a Freo's fan take

Freo: Bolton ( give - 10, 18)
GC: Rioli, ( give - 6)
Haw: Barrass, 24, F2 ( give - 14, F1)
Rich: 6, 10, 14, 18 ( give - Rioli, Bolton, Baker, 24)
WC: Baker, F1 ( give - Barass, F2)

Eagles pay some of Barass salary. I am sure Freo will want some of Bolton's salary to be paid as well. GC will want the same for Rioli too as plain 6 for Rioli is pretty high. Tigers have lots of late picks and some of that should be spread around as steak knives + swap of F4's

View attachment 2137731

If Richmond end up with ~6 picks in the top 30, it seems risky for them to put so much faith in one draft.

Hypothetically, could we trade a young fringe player + our future first to get a top 10 pick in this year's draft from the Tigers?
I don't mind this idea because this draft looks a beauty.

Buuuut I don't want to lose anyone of value :) :)

It's funny how when you don't have any skin in the game (except for Barass, but with Battle already here, it's less of an obsession), one can see trade week as quite a ridiculous exercise in compiling media minutes and clicks...

It always is, of course, but this year is the most laughable because, pretty much, literally, nothing has actually happened!

View attachment 2137731

I know a team that had 5 picks in the top 30 two years in a row.

In 2004 they picked up:
  • Pick 2: Jarryd Roughhead
  • Pick 5: Lance Franklin
  • Pick 7: Jordan Lewis
  • Pick 21: Tom Murphy
  • Pick 26: Matthew Little
But then in 2005 they picked up:
  • Pick 3: Xavier Ellis
  • Pick 6: Beau Dowler
  • Pick 14: Grant Birchall
  • Pick 18: Max Bailey
  • Pick 22: Beau Muston
One haul was era-defining. The other much less so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back