Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I never took it as a super draft, just that the draft talent batted deep.
The best drafts are when there's a few absolute standout players and draft watchers can't quite pick who will be number 1.
Nobody is even talking about who will be pick 1 this year

I must be the only one who can't see that. How is it in our favour?

Do most Hawks fans expect Blues to NOT end up Top 6( especially if they get Houston too)? Then the F1 is likely to be pick 12 or under and we did well. If they end up Top 4 as most will assume given their list quality, we are even or doing worse.
As it stands, let's say the Blues finish top 4. We've moved back two places and gained an extra second rounder. Albeit next year's draft.

That second rounder gives us greater flexibility with current trades and/or next year's trades or we have a shot a decent player used via that pick.

The best drafts are when there's a few absolute standout players and draft watchers can't quite pick who will be number 1.
Nobody is even talking about who will be pick 1 this year

I agree…. I don’t feel it with this years draft either.

If we scored in second round onwards Mraz, Moraes and Anderson (NGA), I’d be stoked.

As much as I’d love Ned Maginness and Ky Burgoyne as rookies I am not confident even one will happen sadly!

As it stands, let's say the Blues finish top 4. We've moved back two places and gained an extra second rounder. Albeit next year's draft.

That second rounder gives us greater flexibility with current trades and/or next year's trades or we have a shot a decent player used via that pick.
And we can trade 2 years ahead... Instead of the current one

Out of curiosity if it was WC wanting a contracted James Sicily what would you want coming in for him?
The first thing I would want is for Sicily to get a lobotomy, so he can be blissfully unaware of the predicament he would be in, or else, he'd neck himself.

We really don't though.
a) keep him or
b) sell to one of your eight victorian rivals who may pay the better price.

Option C is he retires out of spite, which he won't do.

We need picks, sure, but pick 14 just didn't cut it - clearly the club felt the same way.

There is a very real option D.

TB downs his tools. Doesn't give a shit going into 2025. Does the bare minimum and leaves the following year for less.

See Joe Daniher.

I doubt it would happen as TB is a professional but you never know.

I know, We seem to need the F2 badly, if not we could have done better points wise. If reports of Swans 19+22 for 13 was on offer then surely 14+33 for 19+22 + Swans F2 was also possible.

Wonder what deals MM has cooking.

Is there any chance of a enticing Ryan Maric back if Max G trade is not happenning. Or Maric for Scaife swap trade.

Or something else completely left field. Is the Trac still on board?

I know, We seem to need the F2 badly, if not we could have done better points wise. Wonder what deals MM has cooking.

Is there any chance of a enticing Ryan Maric back if Max G trade is not happenning. Or Maric for Scaife swap trade.

Or something else completely left field. Is the Trac still on board?
Idk I don't have a lot of faith in Carlton to move forwards as a club. I think they're poorly balanced and in a league that is moving more and more towards having pacey HFFs and speed, they stand out as quite slow and tall. It's a gamble but it could pay off big.

I’m sure there are draft watchers that know far more about this crop than me, but the idea that it’s a super draft as some in the media have suggested seems so off to me. To my eye, the top 10 look as weak as we’ve seen in years.
Agree totally, after watching the national carnival, I thought it was one of the weakest in years. It is just a even draft as there are no real standouts.

To be fair, if we don't get barrass I'll be disappointed but we still have frosty and got in battle. Our backline is top 5 right now, minimum, with barrass, top 3.

But if we keep the picks for 2025, 2 firsts and 2 seconds. We either hit the draft one more time or go for a big mid or big kpf.

Either way what ever happens is a win/win for hawks. WCE have everything to lose and everything to gain. Keep a disgruntled player and recieve no picks or get a future first and second for barrass and 3rd

Gunston and bruest probably retire before 2025 draft. Plus more might be known about speculative players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You nailed it - heard this yesterday from a good source. Carlton rate this years draft very highly and like that it bats very deep. Honestly good luck to them but you still have to nail the picks. I love what we did personally

Sam’s philosophy is to not do what others are doing, if it makes sense. Not just for the sake of it

In light of the standoff between the Cats and Dogs over BSmith, is it possible with 2 x F1s and 2 x F2s next year we can get both Barrass and Smith?

Agree totally, after watching the national carnival, I thought it was one of the weakest in years. It is just a even draft as there are no real standouts.

I watched a few games and felt that there was some real quality.

Could the 'lack' of standouts perhaps just be because they are very even at the top and as a result the defensive pressure prevented any 1 or 2 from REALLY being dominant?
I'd have to think that the more quality you have, the less individuals stand out.

Hawthorn's latest offer for Barrass – a future first- and second-round selection (the Eagles' choice whether they are tied to Hawthorn or Carlton) for Barrass and a future later pick – has been put to the Eagles. – Callum Twomey

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back