Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a jet with 10 years ahead. Yes he’s coming off an ACL, but there’s no reason he can’t get back to his best, particularly if he’s playing as a pure mid.

If an aging Rioli is worth pick 6, then a top 10 for smith is more than fair.

If the Suns are stupid enough to give pick 6 on its own for Rioli they should hand in their licence, let alone pick 6 plus something else.

Hope we are considering walking away from Barass. 2 future 1st and 2 future 2’s gives us the flexibility to do anything next year. We may even get a great offer for 33 on draft night from a bottom 4 team for another second and third in 2025.

We have heaps of cap space and amazing young talent. Sam Mitchell talked about doing the opposite of the rest of the league. The rest of the league is trying to get into this draft at the expense of next year. Maybe we need to show some patience to set us up for a massive run.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You don’t leave a player we sought after, got them to commit, like that. Unless WC are completely unreasonable.
No one would ever commit to us again.

You don’t leave a player we sought after, got them to commit, like that. Unless WC are completely unreasonable.
No one would ever commit to us again.
Managers would tell their players to avoid us like the plague. There is no worse a position for a player to be in than to put in a trade request, say goodbye to the club and then be left in limbo.

If the Suns are stupid enough to give pick 6 on its own for Rioli they should hand in their licence, let alone pick 6 plus something else.
You can’t evaluate the suns like other clubs in how they use draft capital though. They are new with no success so it’s near impossible to attract good players and everyone knows that, so they have to over pay. With a strong pipeline of academy players picks mean less to them. If you have elite players wanting to come given how rare you do it pure and simple. If they bring in Rioli and Noble they get better plus add a top 10 pick in Lombard who is electric and get 2 more top 10 (possibly pick 1 in Zeke Uwland) next year on top of 4 top 25 last year and the existing list, who cares what they do with their early picks?

You can’t evaluate the suns like other clubs in how they use draft capital though. They are new with no success so it’s near impossible to attract good players and everyone knows that, so they have to over pay. With a strong pipeline of academy players picks mean less to them. If you have elite players wanting to come given how rare you do it pure and simple. If they bring in Rioli and Noble they get better plus add a top 10 pick in Lombard who is electric and get 2 more top 10 (possibly pick 1 in Zeke Uwland) next year on top of 4 top 25 last year and the existing list, who cares what they do with their early picks?
This. Just wish we got to deal with them more since they figured out early picks are only part of the equation.

Yep. Hit the nail on the head. They can be somewhat reckless with early picks because they know they have within their means the ability to choose the best young talent available and train up for several years with exclusive access.

Also with the amount of draft capital they're still turning most clubs are working with a total different currency all together. The majority are working in peso's whilst they're working in USD 😂

Except GWS are continually shrewd at the draft table. Its not a new club thing - they are almost 15 years old. They’re just really shit at pretty much everything to do with list management and are an embarrassment of a football club. GWS have had the same cash splash - not nearly as many draft concessions and have at least made a handful of prelims and a grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is wrong with these mofos out west? Any of our WA Hawks?

Anything to sell a paper I guess

This paper is an absolute embarrassment. The Reid carry on this year and the Cousins obsession of the past is over the top. I swear we aren’t all like this in the west!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Except GWS are continually shrewd at the draft table. It’s not a new club thing - they are almost 15 years old. They’re just really shit at pretty much everything to do with list management and are an embarrassment of a football club. GWS have had the same cash splash - not nearly as many draft concessions and have at least made a handful of prelims and a grand final.
First of all. What a crap trade period which has us debating expansion club list management!🤪

I don’t disagree about GWS but again not sure they are totally comparable. In many aspects of course comparable as expansion clubs in rugby markets with huge concessions. I think everyone also acknowledges their strategy to build was far superior. But that’s the past. Neither can attract anyone it’s just GWS have drafted better and despite their success still seem a mass exodus of players. All I am saying is the way they use draft capital is different to most clubs and it’s not a good measure of their performance in list mgt. Ultimately they got 4 top 25s in last year will get another top 10 pick one B&F winner and a decent HBF of need this year and next year 2 more top 10 picks. Thats good list mgt using the assets and advantages they have because despite all the noise about the academy they need it given they can hardly attract anyone up there.

Yea, great, let's give the Sun's are free pass at their way of throwing away picks and pretty much helping clubs like scaTs but, I'm sure they weren't very " giving " with us re - Jaeger! They can burn to the ground for all I care

My Saturday nights must be quite boring. I have spent the last hour reading the Barrass thread on the Draft and Trading board and it is very entertaining 🤣
Dumpster Fire GIF by Scorpion Dagger

Except GWS are continually shrewd at the draft table. Its not a new club thing - they are almost 15 years old. They’re just really shit at pretty much everything to do with list management and are an embarrassment of a football club. GWS have had the same cash splash - not nearly as many draft concessions and have at least made a handful of prelims and a grand final.

I agree they always get the pick they need to get the player they want, even if it's the number 1 pick they just get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back