Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s criminal that their beginning of second round pick for coming last was pick 30. How the hell do you rebuild with that stuff going on?
FWIW - last years pick 31 was Logan Morris, who just played 3rd tall in a premiership. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe I'm too cynical but can't help but think the "hawks blowing up trade week" trade dropping on a Friday afternoon after a week of sweet FA happening has AFL/media written all over it.
Totally agree.

Someone at Continental Tyres was annoyed nothing was happening in this snoozefest, so the AFL told Cal Twomey he would lose his job if he couldn’t massively overstate the relevance of what is simply a very boring pick swap.

It’s all about clicks people.

Nothing more.

Just looked at what they did with the pick 10 for jeager…drafted Jack Bowes who they gave to Geelong with pick 7 for nothing much
The worst/best part is they didn’t even draft Bowes. They matched a bid with the pick they got from us.

So they really didn’t even get to use the pick.

I know we have to get barass but imagine entering next years draft with 2x first round and second round picks, and then still having futures to trade. Would create a ton of options.
Exactly.

First thing I'd do with all those picks is secure an elite Full Back!

I don't mind us trading pick 14 and getting a f1 and f2, give us options

It's being proactive rather than reactive.

If deal cant be done for Barrass then we could realistically trade the f1 and f2 back into this draft if we needed to, I'm sure there will be takers on the night you never know.

If deal cant be done for Barrass then we could realistically trade the f1 and f2 back into this draft if we needed to, I'm sure there will be takers on the night you never know.
Heaps of IFs on my part; If we don't trade in Barrass and if somehow Bailey Smith trade to Geelong falls over and he heads to the draft, I could see us trading back into this year's draft before Geelong.

The Barrass deal will get done.

West Coast will fold and take a f1 and f2. It would be a disaster to have one pick a year whilst having the worst young players in the league (other than Reid).

My Saturday nights must be quite boring. I have spent the last hour reading the Barrass thread on the Draft and Trading board and it is very entertaining 🤣
Next Saturday night, see if you can locate the The Ghan: https://www.sbs.com.au/whats-on/article/the-train-bringing-slow-tv-down-under/9spzpzodj. A lot like this thread - goes on forever, nothing much happens but strangely compelling.

Get through that one and you might be ready to start turning the pages of Remembrance of Things Past

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back