Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That has to be one of the most illogical things I've read. Pretty sure it's misinformation to increase offers for the pick.

"We're going to trade our Pick 14 to get a F1 and F2 so we can have greater flexibility"
"That sounds like a great idea MM. F1 and F2 lets us meet WC demands"
"Actually we're going to trade them back for a 1 pick upgrade lmao"
Does it hurt to ask the question?

Trade period is filled with illogical trades. Last year Suns traded pick 4 all the way to turn it in 5-6 first rounders for 4 academy picks & the extra 1st rounders they hold this yr

We don't know what is the nature of the other trade offers for pick 13, maybe some of them want Suns to throw in some other picks to boot.

Maybe Suns value Haws F1 over Blues F1, so our F1+F2 for 13 is seen as best offer once they see the details of other trades. At bare minimum it forces others to up their trade costs.

So again, it doesn't hurt us to make the offer.

Last edited:
Just do it 13 more times and get pick 1. "How MM traded a paperclip all the way to Harley Reid"
Brilliant!

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

You think they'd learn their lesson after splitting Pick 2 and get Pick 9 and 14 and missing out on Sheezle.
it’s actually a great strategy, even if you f*** up a draft like that, their fans can claim with no evidence that whichever player they passed on refused to come to the eagles and it’s all a massive conspiracy against the richest club in the afl 🙄

Is it just me or does most of this make no sense at all?
The Silly Season.

Picks, players, “value”….🙄

Remember - Jai Newcombe won the PCM and he didn’t even get drafted when eligible.

Dylan Moore is an AA half forward at pick 67….and we saw fit to delist him, then rookied him before he hit his straps.

So, I guess Melbourne will now offer picks 5 and 9 to Geelong to take Oliver off their hands.

If this went through, it would almost certainly confirm that Geelong’s trade strategy is to get the opposing trade manager absolutely blind drunk for two weeks straight.

Only rational conclusion after the Gold Coast nonsense in the previous year

The Silly Season.

Picks, players, “value”….🙄

Remember - Jai Newcombe won the PCM and he didn’t even get drafted when eligible.

Dylan Moore is an AA half forward at pick 67….and we saw fit to delist him, then rookied him before he hit his straps.

If only we could trade in pick 2 for the next MSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's remember, Hawks could be doing a deal with a club to off load our future picks to get back into this draft around top ten. That in turn will go to the Eagles that will unlock the tom trade. If this happens, let's not lose our minds over it, the Hawks value Tom higher than any draftee. He's number one priority.
Basically, 14 becomes something like 9-12 depending on who we dance with. A second rounder was always going to be involved anyway so that's no Biggie. I'm all for it, Barras is an excellent kpd.
A fair few good sides have 2-3 big frwds and we need to stack that area of the ground. Frosty most likely will miss early season games.

Given the stories of Robert Harvey & other aints not rating Mitch or our list, would they be open to swapping our F1's or F2's in any trades.

I hope we put it to them and tempt them. They may think they are on a winner and their F1's could be valued lot higher by Eagles or others in comp.

Given the stories of Robert Harvey & other aints not rating Mitch or our list, would they be open to swapping our F1's or F2's in any trades.
You reckon they'll disregard on-field performance & finishing positions from 2024 & swap Future Picks with us?

Because of stories?

Maybe. I guess.

We got an extra 2nd for the trade.

Assuming F1 and F2 nets 13. Then you trade other F1 and F2 for Barrass and F3 from WCE.

I hope this happens and we do end up with a top end pick, I know we are all about the now and not the future with picks but picks 33,71,77 in a strong even draft is pretty crap, we should have our eyes on both all the time.

Smith is far too big a risk with issues. We don't have the capital to waste high picks on a player who might take the salary and sit at home to stressed at the thought of having to drive the same commute thousands of people do every day for a lot less money.

I hope it ends up well for him but we have been burnt too often by players with issues.

It's an ACL and it's been a year. The club would know how his knee is doing. Most players come back fine form them these days if the surgery and recovery went well.

Would have been too a big a risk for another club to trade for Sicily or Impey a year after they did their ACL.

I’ve always likened Baker to Blake Hardwick. They may play different roles, but to me they play the game in a similar way - unfashionable, not flashy - but they get the job done. The kind of player you’re glad to have onfield beside you.

I like them both as a player, but I’m not sure I’m forking out a top 10 pick for either.

I'd absolutely cough up a top 10 pick for an 18 yo Hardwick.

If we are trying to get back into the draft surely we can come over melb and steal the bummers pick 9?

Offer f1 and f2 and pick 33 for 9 and f3?

Essentially that's pick 14 and 33 for pick 9 and f3?

Trade 9 for barrass and 26.

Last edited:

I hope we put it to them and tempt them. They may think they are on a winner and their F1's could be valued lot higher by Eagles or others in comp.
Haha I’d love two clubs to just do a straight swap of F1s. Back yourself to be better.

There's either something completely invented here or something missing.

No way Hawks would make two separate trades to go up a single draft place.

Wonder if we'd throw a player and a future pick to get pick 13. Or give 2x F2 for pick 13?
My first thought Hawthorn might be looking at giving up 2xF2 plus 33 for a First round this year and change to land Barass.

Fremantle, Richmond, Hawthorn, West coast, surely there's a trade somewhere in there. Where each teams gets their target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back