Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard Wet Toast is speaking with Saints to help them get what's required for them to get Baker. In the spirit of silly season, and after a few beverages on a nice Sunday afternoon. I've had an idea for a mega trade (all in good fun)

Hawks:
In: Barrass
Out: Hawks F1st, Blues F2nd

Saints:
In: Pick 3, Pick 12
Out: Pick 7, Pick 8

Eagles:
In: Pick 7, Baker
Out: Barass, Pick 3

Tigers:
In: Pick 14, F2nd Blues
Out: Baker

Port:
In: Pick 8, Hawks F1st
Out: Houston

Blues:
In: Houston
Out: Pick 12, Pick 14
Honestly that's a really good trade.

Could we be looking at Barrass like the northern clubs look at academy players, trade out of this years draft give WC Future picks then do what ever we can to get back into this draft as high as possible.

If we landed a top 10 pick, why on earth would you send it to another club for a 29 never AA with a busted back. Really highlights the extreme cost.

WC media did an excellent job of anchoring early with no push back
WC media also did an excellent job in anchoring the pick for Baker........

It's an ACL and it's been a year. The club would know how his knee is doing. Most players come back fine form them these days if the surgery and recovery went well.

Would have been too a big a risk for another club to trade for Sicily or Impey a year after they did their ACL.
I'm.not talking about his ACL - I am talking about making him.come to a club he didn't pick given his mental health statements

On SM-A136B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just read on AFL site that WCE rejected the offer of choosing 1 of our F1 and 1 of our F2 for Barrass and a F3… hope MM gets back to them with a swap ure F3 to a F4 and we good. That will blow their minds.

On a completely off topic how WCE don’t just offer there F2 to Rich for Baker is beyond me…

Just read on AFL site that WCE rejected the offer of choosing 1 of our F1 and 1 of our F2 for Barrass and a F3… hope MM gets back to them with a swap ure F3 to a F4 and we good. That will blow their minds.

On a completely off topic how WCE don’t just offer there F2 to Rich for Baker is beyond me…
If they’ve walked away from a first and a second… I’m happy to walk away too. It’s bizarre how much value is being attributed to players at the moment.

Given the stories of Robert Harvey & other aints not rating Mitch or our list, would they be open to swapping our F1's or F2's in any trades.

I hope we put it to them and tempt them. They may think they are on a winner and their F1's could be valued lot higher by Eagles or others in comp.

That Robert Harvey stuff happened a few years ago, a lot has changed since then.

I love people having a go at mega trades but seriously how do you come to that conclusion if you are the eagles? Tigers make out like bandits and eagles value baker more than barrass by swapping the 2 for a 4 pick downgrade? They want 14 plus f2 for barrass and give 14 for baker maybe less, yet this trade has them giving more for baker than they get for barrass it flies in the face of everything we know and makes sense.
Also port 2 firsts for Houston and Carlton giving up 2 firsts in a draft they love wouldn’t happen either.

That Robert Harvey stuff happened a few years ago, a lot has changed since then.
didn't it happen at start of the last year or was it this year? Harvey leaving his job at HFC and going to Saints and spruiking his stories were given as the reason Montagana went cold on us at start of the year in his media takes.

If they have drunk the kool aid on that, then they could be conned via such a trade. Doesn't hurt to put it to them.
Say if they come from Big Ned

Swap of F1's + pick 47
If we landed a top 10 pick, why on earth would you send it to another club for a 29 never AA with a busted back. Really highlights the extreme cost.

WC media did an excellent job of anchoring early with no push back
This.

Our season was not done yet, so there was no push back from club but in hindsight we should have.

They were helped out by many Hawks fans indulging the 14+F1 talk as fair if F2 came back. Only a few of us stood against such talk and were told the list managers knew their job with inference being the 2 firsts talk had some basis.

Now we see clearly that MM rated TB as late 1st rounder, hence the demand for F2 or F3 to come back for pick 14 at the start with hope that we can settle at pick 14. We feel like pick 14+F2 is way overs and hence ask for their F3 back even though that is overs too.

MM waited 5 days for WCE to be reasonable and moved on quickly to signal his intentions. No point waiting another 3 days on tenterhooks, we have more options now and can play some role in other trades as they happen.

Saints doing better there to get 12 with3 for 7+8, so not sure if that will fly.

Seems to rate Baker way too high for my liking but then Freo have offered 10,11 & 18 for Bolton and Baker after saying no for a straight 10+11 for Bolton. That puts Baker's value at better than 18 for sure.

Last edited:
Tom Morris on FC seems to think we are offering a future 1st and future 2nd for Gold Coast’s pick 13, alongside other clubs who are trying to get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a pulaver to move up one spot…?
If it improves our position, why would we not do it?

I d be concerned if we trade out multiple 2nds & 3rds to enhance the 1st by one spot, but if they're otherwise unaffected then who cares how much work it takes to improve the hand?

I reckon the Barrass deal gets done over the next few days for F1 + F2 with a little something coming back. Not going to pretend what combo of who’s future pick WC will prefer out of those picks but you’d think it would be in their best interests to choose one from either club (Hawks + Blues) without knowing who will rise or fall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back