Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind VicBased hanging in our forum. There's nothing going on, and he's like the crazy uncle cousin on Boxing Day. We sit around wondering what he'll say next, and it's a good chuckle.

merry-christmas-shitters-full-gif-2018-7-gif.49579

Our theories about Geelong being painted favourably in the media by comparison to Hawthorn has been unequivocally proven true this trade period.

Hawthorn are the bad guys and need to offer up more than pick 14 for a 29 year old seeking a trade from a battling club for family reasons.

Geelong are threatening to walk a former pick 6 with previous elite proven form in finals to the draft because they refuse to cough up anything more than pick 17, and nobody in the media seems to have a problem with it.

I don't mind VicBased hanging in our forum. There's nothing going on, and he's like the crazy uncle on Boxing Day. We sit around wondering what he'll say next, and it's a good chuckle.
Sorry guys, way boring our end also. Most boring trade period ever.🙄 just a little fun.
The powers that be have already figured it out and are now vying for " Academy Awards" at our expense.

Have I missed something - why is there so much fuss about pick 13 in particular?

My guess is that it's the most gettable high pick in this draft, now that Melbourne has expectedly grabbed pick nine. 13 apparently unlocks Houston for either Collingwood or Carlton, and it could get Smith to Geelong. Whoever has that pick could have a nice little bidding war from three clubs or even go to the draft if nothing plays out. If it's there to be bought and we've got the goods to get it, I reckon it's a nice buy.

Sorry guys, way boring our end also. Most boring trade period ever.🙄 just a little fun.
The powers that be have already figured it out and are now vying for " Academy Awards" at our expense.
Have to agree with that. Bored silly over here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorns idea of a fair offer and WC's idea of a fair offer is vastly different.
Hawthorn courted a contracted player and overs should be paid-up.
The Eagles went back on a handshake agreement with a player they’ve had and known for years and are now pushing him out for draft picks because they need to rebuild. We are just the new home he wants I think.

Lots of reasons to get pick 13.
  • it stops the pies getting Houston.
  • WC might accept 13 straight off.
  • it potentially allows us to on trade to someone else’s offer that might be better for us (or WC).

Eg, at the moment it might be WC passing on a F1 from us/Carl for Baker, and keeping a F2.
But if we swap into 13 then 19/22 from Syd and give it to WC, they could give 19 for Baker and keep 22.

Or MM might get himself a statue giving 19 and 33 for Barass while keeping 22…

Lots of reasons to get pick 13.
  • it stops the pies getting Houston.
  • WC might accept 13 straight off.
  • it potentially allows us to on trade to someone else’s offer that might be better for us (or WC).

Eg, at the moment it might be WC passing on a F1 from us/Carl for Baker, and keeping a F2.
But if we swap into 13 then 19/22 from Syd and give it to WC, they could give 19 for Baker and keep 22.

Or MM might get himself a statue giving 19 and 33 for Barass while keeping 22…
Being serious for a moment I reckon 19/33 and a future second would have WC getting the paperwork ready.

Our theories about Geelong being painted favourably in the media by comparison to Hawthorn has been unequivocally proven true this trade period.

Hawthorn are the bad guys and need to offer up more than pick 14 for a 29 year old seeking a trade from a battling club for family reasons.

Geelong are threatening to walk a former pick 6 with previous elite proven form in finals to the draft because they refuse to cough up anything more than pick 17, and nobody in the media seems to have a problem with it.
The funny thing about it is that the media don't even seem to realise the inconsistency in their own assessment of the two trades.

Happy to be corrected on this but I don't think anyone in the media - not even Kane - has criticised the Cats' stance on Smith yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back