Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Far out I generally hate trade "period". So much jargon from the media "experts" and barely anything happening. We all know the AFL force them to hold onto trades to make the final day/big live stream more dramatic, so why they want 2 weeks of this I don't know. They need to change it to let the list managers talk for a week behind closed doors, then get the trades done in a proper 2 day period. Then they can't sit around for 2 weeks saying Hawthorn are the bad guys, but Geelong who courted Smith for god knows how long not giving up even 1 first round pick / West Coast nominating Baker and talking him into moving but not offering up what Richmond want are "just doing what's best for them".

Rory Atkins the deal maker. Wow.

Is this suggesting

PAFC in: Lukosious, Atkins, Richards, 13, 29, GC F3
PAFC out: Houston

Coll in: Houston
Coll out: F1, Richards, Noble

GC out: Lukosious, Atkins, 13, 29, F3
GC in: Noble, Coll F1

GCS absolutely reamed in that. Pies huge winners.

No wonder Vic media love it.

Port also huge winners.

I don't think Pies are huge winners in that in the context of their list. A half back flanker should not be their top priority.

Depends if you get a good deal.

Houston for F1 and a guy who wouldnt get a game in their team if everyone was fit is a bargain.

But Port get an insane deal. Surely their F1 has to go to GCS for that deal to work. Even that shouldnt be enough.

I do not understand the walk away from Barass brigade.
You lot forget how Hogan bullied our defence?
Imagine that happening in a final and the perfect defender for a player like Hogan, we decided to walk away from.
He bullied our defence because our midfield folded like a deck of cards,
Barass will be a nice get, but in my opinion our midfield is lacking one more genuine gun.....2 just doesn't cut it with the rest of our competition that are in the zone.

Is this suggesting

PAFC in: Lukosious, Atkins, Richards, 13, 29, GC F3
PAFC out: Houston

Coll in: Houston
Coll out: F1, Richards, Noble

GC out: Lukosious, Atkins, 13, 29, F3
GC in: Noble, Coll F1

If this is accurate the suns need to be taken over by the league even more.

They could have a f1 and f2 alone for 13.

Knowing that, they are gifting Lukosius, Atkins, and a f3 for free.

That’s even when generously rating Noble as being worth pick 29.

What an absolute rabble.

Ports f1 is also headed to the Suns.

The suns are a blight on the AFL

Gifted the pies Dan Houston & paid the farm for Rioli.

Then you gotta listen to clowns like Jon Ralph defend em with the oh they don't need picks they need points, just because you don't need them doesn't mean you give em away for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of reasons to get pick 13.
  • it stops the pies getting Houston.
  • WC might accept 13 straight off.
  • it potentially allows us to on trade to someone else’s offer that might be better for us (or WC).
I just find it hilarious on the narrative for pick 13 vs when we had pick 14.

The way the media is spinning it, it's almost like Pick 13 could land us Harley Reid + Tom Barrass, whereas Pick 14 is worth a packet of chips 😂🤦‍♂️

I'm exaggerating, but you get my point, how big a difference is 1 spot down.

The Suns will be forever irrelevant when they keep...no, I'll just end the sentence there. The Suns will be forever irrelevant. There will never be a bigger waste of an AFL license. 14 seasons, unlimited assistance, hundreds of millions of dollars spent, multiple drafts compromised and they still only have a slightly better historical win percentage than ****ing University.

Not a direct shot at you, but the "never been AA" argument riles me up.
Just like the Coach of the Year award, All Australian is nothing more than a popularity contest that holds next-to-zero weight.
I'm sure Corey Enright won more AA blazers than seasons played, and Shaun Burgoyne received just one (let that sink in).
Injury concerns may be vaild, but I'm not making recruiting decisions based on All Australians.

Yeah in reality it means very little, he's missed a few games each year, which was probably held against him, and he's simply had a few better players ahead of him - Weitering, Andrews, Taylor, McGovern, Moore (when he was actually good circa 2024).

It doesn't mean he wasn't great too.

I just find it hilarious on the narrative for pick 13 vs when we had pick 14.

The way the media is spinning it, it's almost like Pick 13 could land us Harley Reid + Tom Barrass, whereas Pick 14 is worth a packet of chips 😂🤦‍♂️

I'm exaggerating, but you get my point, how big a difference is 1 spot down.
Yeh that's why I was wondering if I was missing something

Do you not follow the news?

We all know how it works.

You keep telling us Barrass makes Chris Langford look like a hack, then the nano second the trade goes through you will be shouting “I can’t believe we bent the Hawks over for that 29yo cripple”

Last edited:
Is there no Hawks depth player the Suns have got their eye on? Surely Noble and Seamus have got a similar skill set with Seamus more speedier.

Generally part of effect of playing finals is our depth players would be targeted. But FFS clubs who missed finals are getting attention.

2 yrs back, we were told that since we were "pushing" players out their values will be lower. No such problem for Tigers or Pies.

From Jon Ralph on the Herald Sun

PIES, SUNS, POWER MAKE PROGRESS ON MEGA-DEAL

Collingwood is set to secure Dan Houston and the Tigers will eventually be able to access selections six and 23 for Daniel Rioli under a deal likely to unlock the trade period’s biggest impasse.
Gold Coast, Collingwood and Port Adelaide have made significant ground on a deal that would see the Pies give up their future first-rounder and John Noble but securing Houston.
The Suns would hand over pick Jack Lukosius, 13 and 29 – which would both be handed to Port Adelaide – but will secure both the Pies’ and Port Adelaide’s future first-rounders.
The Suns would initially retain pick 23 and also secure another selection in the 30s to help match a bid for Gold Coast academy player Leo Lombard.

Port Adelaide would lose Houston but be able to take 13 and 29 to the draft or even trade pick 13 for more points given many clubs are interested in that early selection.
The Power might also secure former Suns half back Rory Atkins given he has only one more year on his deal and is unlikely to play at Gold Coast with Rioli and Noble coming in.
The three-club deal will leave the Suns with picks six and 23 but they will likely be headed to the Tigers, who will then hand later picks back to Gold Coast.
The Suns are aware the No.23 pick would have been swallowed up by the Lombard bid so are happy to hand it over to Richmond as long as they get enough points back to make the deal fair.
The Suns will secure the players and points they want given they can bring in two quality half backs and also have two extra first-round picks next year to help bring in potential No.1 selection Zeke Uwland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back