Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My understanding is the blues cap is very tight and they may need to shift a couple of players for not much compensation.

Brodie Kemp could be one of them based on that information from Twomey

I don't reckon we'll walk away from Barrass, it'll end up a future 1st and a future 2nd with something else coming back. Nothing surer.

That said, if West Coast don't flinch come the end of trade period I don't think there's any issue to be had with the Hawks role in it. We didn't entice him to leave when he was otherwise going to stay, he was going to seek a trade somewhere else off the back of West Coast's dealings with him. Our involvement is circumstantial. If it wasn't us it'd be the Dogs.

The media can try to paint us as Grima Wormtongue-esque but I think it'd be pretty plain internally, and with any other players or agents, that it's almost entirely on West Coast.

We should walk away

Everyone should be prepared for us to hand over both f1's . There's a big chance we do it, we won't back out of the deal now and WC are trying to save face. Hopefully we work for their 26. If we didn't the deal right now could look like .

Hawks out- 2x f1
In - barrass , f2 tied to Carlton, battle

Take battle out of the trade. If We go ahead with the 2 firsts we are a joke.

Everyone should be prepared for us to hand over both f1's . There's a big chance we do it, we won't back out of the deal now and WC are trying to save face. Hopefully we work for their 26. If we didn't the deal right now could look like .

Hawks out- 2x f1
In - barrass , f2 tied to Carlton, battle
I wouldn't do it, why should we have to pay for their mistakes. I would walk away

Also pressures on then to get something for Barrass. If he was to stay he will finish his career at WC, no one will come for him given what WC want (based on their demands this year) and he will be 1 year older as well.

They know this, so they will desperate to deal.

Pyke saying they did the trade with pick 3 to honour their commitment to Baker… 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Is their list management strategy shifting to emotionally blackmail us into overpaying for Barrass now? Rabble club

Barrass tried to leave last year and get to the swans and 12 months later he still wants out.

Don needs to read the room

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deal will get done, I just googled Tom Barrass and google already know the deal is done...

1000011611.png

FWIW, the producer on Dan Gorringe's podcast who knows Smith said there's a "back up club" should things not proceed with Geelong.

Considering he’s ITK at St Kilda it’d make sense if it’s them as they have pick 7 and 8 and may just need to give up one of them for Smith (which is fair).

If it’s us, I’d probably rather give up two future firsts for Smith given his age rather than a 29 yo who hasn’t played more than 19 games in a season.

Barrass fills a need at the right price, I’d spew if we had to pay 2 future firsts.

Eagles turned the deal down not the Hawks.
That’s not what every reporter has said. It’s either been 14 + f3 or 14 + f2 for f3.

Plus after trading 14 we have then offered f1 + f2 which is less than the offer that’s supposedly been turned down by the eagles.

Love that Wce are essentially blaming hawthorn trading away 14 as the reason why they made a terrible trade

Maybe they shouldve accepted the trade and not been greedy 😀
It's not WC blaming us though, it's clowns in the media.

BORED! Changed hats several times hasn't helped.

Brain fart.... would we only take 1 pick this year, upgrade two rookies and take 2 rookies? Saves money, pick 71 and 77 would be around rookie picks. Money is still money, even if we have lots?

Trading Picks 12 and 14 for 3 in an even draft for a rebuilding team is good business. Giving up pick 14 for Baker is the killer blow in that trade!
This. You give up pick 23 for Baker and the deal can be tolerated. Especially if you then on trade one of 12/14 for swans 19/22 or saints f1/2 as were reportedly offered for suns 13. 14/19/22 plus Baker and Owies looks ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back